Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts
8,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I’m doing a full track build on this 2018 R6 which includes a bunch of goodies. Just wanted to share my build and in case I had any questions. I’ve built a few R1’s, but this is my first R6. So far it’s been pretty straight forward like my 2015 R1.

Stay tuned!!

Parts include:
Ohlins FGRT forks
Ohlins TTX shock
Ohlins damper
Brembo billet master
Brembo GP4RR calipers
BST carbon front wheel
OZ forged alum rear wheel
Motoholders stay with Carbon snout
Motoholders subframe
Woodcraft clip ons and handle bar switches
Melotti triple
Carbon front rear fenders
Lite tech chain adjusters
Spielger front rear lines
Lithium battery
Rosso 2 tires

Labor includes:
Remove ABS
Repair and paint bodywork
Replace ugly bolts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Nice build!! looking great.
BTW, is that a MIG Hi-mount for a second gen R1 I see hanging on the wall?🤨
Yes it is, for a 2002-2003 R1. Would you believe I found it for $25 pickup on FB marketplace near JFK airport...had my buddy meet the guy since i'm in NJ. I actually had that same pipe on my 99 R1, loved it!!!

Font Wood Gas Audio equipment Gadget

8,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why the different wheels? Availability?
So originally we were not doing wheels, but I ran across a for sale on the forums and the guy was local to me about 60 mins away. The price was reasonable, I think I paid 1650 with galfer rotors all around. We are not going full send here, trying to fit this into somewhat of a budget...:D

And I think you would notice the weight savings more on a carbon front than a forged alum front.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2017 R1M
766 Posts
Removing ABS was a little nerve racking since you need to put the bike on jack stands. The pit bull stand is in the way of the junction box under the lower triple.

Removing ABS was a little nerve racking since you need to put the bike on jack stands. The pit bull stand is in the way of the junction box under the lower triple.

years ago I had a bike fall over( 90zx10) I decided when I bought a proper lift to find a way to lift the whole bike safely. I saw this chassis lift for a R1 and it also works on a Gsxr.
Takes all the stress away

Attachments

·
RANDOM VICTIM BASTARD S.O.B.
2,779 Posts
I wish my bike was set up this meticulously. I think I am going to bring it into the dining room this weekend, I can tinker with it while recovering from surgery this winter.
This thread has me itching. This is definitely one BA build.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts