Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Bought a Brand new 2018 R1 and put the first 200 miles on it this week, Looking for sound advice in some of the first part swaps to do. I am definitely getting different clutch and brake levers, a fender eliminator kit (unsure which one, likely the vagabond kit) and exhaust to come soon (the bike sounds weak for what it truly is).

New to the forums, though I have used them in the past for my 2002 R1. any tips and first upgrades for a decent price would be appreciated.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought the same bike! Love it so far besides for that clutch. The levers that come stock are awful and I swapped some cheap eBay levers on mine. It feels a bit better but the "lag" type feeling after shifting into second gear is very odd. I have been looking into the Brocks 3/4 system lately, best look and sound IMO. Enjoy the bike!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The levers I agree are terrible in terms of feel, and the exhaust is another step I cant decide which to get or when, I recently grabbed the yoshimura fender eliminator kit as well so I can keep the license plate light but it's much more appealjng

·
Registered
193 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. I just hit my 1000 miles on my 2018. The mods I decided to go with are as follows:

Graves fender eliminator kit
Motovation Accessories Frame sliders, front/rear axle sliders and weighted bar ends
Zero Gravity smoked windscreen
CRG shorty levers
BMC street air filter
Graves block off plates
M4 cat delete pipe
Akrapovic slip on (expensive, but the sound is amazing)
SBU flash for my setup along with FTECU Activetune
Cox Racing radiator and oil cooler guards

Next purchase will be engine case covers but I'm still trying to decide between GB Racing and R&G

This is hands down the best bike I've ever ridden. I loved my 2008 R1, which I sold when I bought this, but this one does everything better. The only complaint I have, if you can call it that, is that the brakes on the new one aren't as good as my 08. I think some of that is due to ABS, but it doesn't take away anything from how awesome this bike is.

Good luck and have fun entering the never ending journey into mods and aftermarket parts. lol

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts