Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 387 Posts

·
Avid two wheel therapy abuser
417 Posts
Oh dang didn’t realize that Moto2 was testing today. It should be an interesting matchup on those triple engines next season, I’m sure Triumph will come around as the season progresses.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
There is a special at the moment to buy the VideoPass for the off season for 1 euro. Covers the official testing and also access to the MotoGP library.

Offer valid until 25 Nov European time.

Just watch out for the autorenewal at the start of the season.

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L02 using Tapatalk

·
Take the red pill
6,809 Posts
Mav and VR saying way different things. They both decided on engine #1 (Yam gave them two new engines to test at Valencia. They tested #1 on day 1, and #2 on day 2. Both riders said engine #1) but VR says they are still in trouble. After 5 laps, tire going off. Mav is stating things are great. We may see the beginning of Mav taking over dev. He is too young and inexperienced for this. I don't know why these idiots question the old man. He has been developing premier class bikes since 2000, the NSR @ Honda. NSR, RC211v, and the M1's since the first crossplane. Ignore him at your peril. VR has been telling him this since 2015 and look what happened this year. Stubborn mf'ers.

·
I miss my R1
3,002 Posts
Mav and VR saying way different things. They both decided on engine #1 (Yam gave them two new engines to test at Valencia. They tested #1 on day 1, and #2 on day 2. Both riders said engine #1) but VR says they are still in trouble. After 5 laps, tire going off. Mav is stating things are great. We may see the beginning of Mav taking over dev. He is too young and inexperienced for this. I don't know why these idiots question the old man. He has been developing premier class bikes since 2000, the NSR @ Honda. NSR, RC211v, and the M1's since the first crossplane. Ignore him at your peril. VR has been telling him this since 2015 and look what happened this year. Stubborn mf'ers.
Maverick has been fast and given positive comments in testing every year since he switched to Yamaha, and we've seen how that ended up in the season proper.

I don't believe Yamaha will quite be ready to give up on Rossi yet, since he's still been finishing ahead of Maverick in the standings.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
It seems no one really understands what is the problem with the M1. Rossi's crash at Sepang was just weird - I don't think he understood what happened.

Morbidelli likes the M1 though after a season on the 2017 Honda.

·
Avid two wheel therapy abuser
417 Posts
Morbidelli is looking very sharp on that bike already, it’s impressive. If he performs I’m sure Yamaha will offer him Rossi’s seat.

·
wanna B on the Track
1,055 Posts
I like watching Bagnaia RIP it. Always like to see how the new guys cross over

Now. Yes I am a Rossi nut hugger. But when Mav says bike feels great and Rossi says we still have problems. Listen to the old man please

·
Take the red pill
6,809 Posts
Maverick has been fast and given positive comments in testing every year since he switched to Yamaha, and we've seen how that ended up in the season proper.

I don't believe Yamaha will quite be ready to give up on Rossi yet, since he's still been finishing ahead of Maverick in the standings.
Yeah he has done this before. He thinks things are great and then he starts whining we he can’t do anything on the bike. Valentino knows what to look for, lknows the minutia that will get them wins or get them in trouble. Mav is so up and down with his riding, comments, and development work. All I know is what Mav said last week. “This is the bike” and what not. No rook, the bikes will be completely different come Sepang and Qatar. Rossi sees the gains Ducati just made in testing, as well as Honda and even Suzuki. Yes Yamaha have fixed many of their 2018 issues. What Rossi sees and Mav does not is that Ducati, Honda, and Suzuki just took a big step forward while they are merely fixing 2018 issues. 2019i will be different. Everyone should be scared of Gigi and that Ducati. If they fix their mid corner issues with handling, even Honda knows they are fukt.

·
Super Moderator
45,318 Posts
Everyone should be scared of Gigi and that Ducati. If they fix their mid corner issues with handling, even Honda knows they are fukt.

Couldn't happen to two more deserving riders.

Marquez and Lorenzo, that is. I hope Ducati OWNS them next year.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Everyone should be scared of Gigi and that Ducati. If they fix their mid corner issues with handling, even Honda knows they are fukt.
They have pretty much fixed it. The GP18 was very competitive at PI this year.

The Hondas will be better next year. Marquez has followed the Ducs for many laps this season and knows exactly what needs to be improved.

It will be really interesting to see how quick Lorenzo is once he's completely fixed. Can't wait for next season!

·
The Poe Poe!
645 Posts
1 - 20 of 387 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.