Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 387 Posts
Yo, WTF was up with Morbidelli highsiding right out of the pit? Then he just stood in the middle of the track looking confused.

@1:38

He's talented. Can't nobody take that away from the guy. I'm wondering if they said the same thing about Rossi, Agostini, and Doohan during their winning streaks among countless others.

It's Marquez's turn. Do I agree? Well, I don't think I have a choice here, do I? It's talent.

He's talented. Can't nobody take that away from the guy. I'm wondering if they said the same thing about Rossi, Agostini, and Doohan during their winning streaks among countless others.

It's Marquez's turn. Do I agree? Well, I don't think I have a choice here, do I? It's talent.
Yes they said the same about Rossi and Ago during their runs, as well as Mick. Lots of people whining. People hated Mick, hated Rossi etc. It’s like the Patriots and TB12 now. I always look at where Tom and Julian were drafted and say how can you not like these guys? The very definition of underdogs. They won the SB again this year with a bunch of no names yet everyone is hating.

You should have been around when Rossi started winning on the NSR then the 211v. It was “he grew up on those tracks so it isn’t fair” then it was “He’s got special tires” never mind that all factory riders got custom tires for their riding style from Michelin. Then it was “He’s got the best crew chief” no fair! All that chit stopped when he went to Yamaha. Everyone was saying he’d be lucky to win a race then he won his last race on the 211v with Honda and the first race with Yamaha on the M1, then he dominated and won the 2004 championship on an inferior bike. The 211v remains the best GP bike I have ever seen.

Now it’s Marc. He’ll hear the same crap until he has the balls to switch manus. For I don’t know 30 years or more, Honda is the best. They spend the most, by far, and have always had the most talented engineers. Ducati is only competitive because of Gigi (genius) but more so when Audi group bought them, big $ became available. And that’s why they are doing so well, money. Gigi has the resources to keep throwing everything at the bike but the kitchen sink. Yamaha hasn’t wanted to spend the money which is why they have failed in recent years. It certainly isn’t due to their riders. Marc being such a special talent, plus Repsol, is one of the most formidable pairings in GP history (1949). I mean if Rossi never left Repsol he’d have at least 2-3 more championships under his belt.

And then there is KTM. The KTM boss hates Honda with a passion. They are spending Honda like money because they just don’t care. They are Austrian, and have an Austrian sponsor (KTM) with massive pockets to keep throwing cash at the KTM until it’s competitive. Their problem is too many parts to test so they are losing their way by overdoing it.

I’m hoping Bags speed is the real deal and not just a testing thing. He didn’t even go down once during the 3 day test. I’m always rooting for VR but it may take someone younger than Marc with balls to take him down. And Bags is from the VR academy so have to root for him as well as Franco. I loathe the Spanish riders and think almost all of them are pricks so I at least want someone to take it to Marc with gusto and push the guy into failure. He’s gotten away with his riding style mostly so far but one day it’s going to bite him hard. He just hasn’t been pressured into a massive highside yet because he’s mostly got everyone’s number and can save a crash better than anyone in history. But I’ve met him like most every GP rider and he’s a prick. Man do I miss Super Sic.

I’m hoping Bags speed is the real deal and not just a testing thing. He didn’t even go down once during the 3 day test. I’m always rooting for VR but it may take someone younger than Marc with balls to take him down. And Bags is from the VR academy so have to root for him as well as Franco. I loathe the Spanish riders and think almost all of them are pricks so I at least want someone to take it to Marc with gusto and push the guy into failure. He’s gotten away with his riding style mostly so far but one day it’s going to bite him hard. He just hasn’t been pressured into a massive highside yet because he’s mostly got everyone’s number and can save a crash better than anyone in history. But I’ve met him like most every GP rider and he’s a prick. Man do I miss Super Sic.
A few things this upcomming season is on my mind. I am looking to see what Bagnaia, Quartararo, and Morbidelli will do. Although I've never riden anything remotely close to a full factory or satellite bike, I'm sure Moto2 is a lot less rambunctious/exuberant than MotoGP.

An actual race is different than practice (as you know), but then again, these are professionals. Time will tell. Bagnaia is on one of the fast bikes on the grid, so that may have helped. Granted, that doesn't take away from the kid's talent - any of them for that matter.

Obviously there's a lot of talent out there. It's MotoGP - the upper echelon, or better yet, the highest sanctioned body of motorcycle racing there is. This season will be determined by man vs. machine and everything in between not forgetting about talent and experience.

"Man do I miss Super Sic"
same, he was a very charismatic personality
after watching MM this last couple seasons Marco doesn't seem so "aggressive" anymore
I think about him often. One of his pics remains a phone screen saver since 2011 when he passed. I had only met him a couple of months before he passed. I watched the race live and saw his body lifeless on the track. It’s an image I can never get our my head. He was a f’in beast. He called Lorenzo and Stoner pussies, and referred to them as girls. He just rode like a Lion, his riding style. G damn Honda TC killed him to. The TC kicked in while the bike was low sliding and he was going down and took him into the racing line. No TC and he is still riding to this day.

Marquez will become the new Rossi when The Doctor retires.

Change - some will like it, and some will hate it. I'm on the side of Rossi built a decent career and is a living legend. He'll always be one of those people many are inspired by - we all wanna ride like Rossi!

Reactions: BigSwole
a "decent" career? . . . . lol .....smh
Fill it in with whatever adjective you want. The man is one of the best to ever do it! :dollar

41 - 60 of 387 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.