Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 335 Posts

·
Take the red pill
6,794 Posts
Considering where Rossi was yesterday, I wouldn't be giving Jorge too much stick... At least he's got an excuse.

I'm a Rossi fan, but if his race results are going to be that wide in spread as they have been in testing, he's in trouble this year.
It's just testing man. It means little to nothing. Notice the factory Ducati duo's final placements? Trust me, they are there and everyone else should be concerned. Some riders chase fast laps, others working on dev. Zarco was the man in testing last year prior to the season. Everyone goo and ga'd over him. We see how that turned out. As usual, or like every season, nobody knows until they are back in Europe at Jerez, Le Mans, etc, where they all stand. The first 3 circuits are so completely different than the bulk of the tracks. The championship really begins when they are back in Europe. It's anyone's game the first three races sans COTA.

·
I miss my R1
2,977 Posts
I know it's testing, that's why I said "if his race results are going to be that wide spread as they have been in testing" ;)

I'm well aware the old man can bring the pace on Sunday if no other day of the race weekend, but he needs to start winning races again, or I'm afraid this will be his last year.

·
The Poe Poe!
637 Posts
I've said it before and will say it again. Rossi Sells regardless. He never has to win another race, but just be near the top and fighting with the top riders for most races. Only until he is consistently 6, 7, 8, or worse in every race, will he be considered "Done".

IMHO only.....

·
I miss my R1
2,977 Posts
I wasn't meaning it will be his last year because Yamaha will replace him, I can't see him continuing if this year is similar to last year... He isn't racing to make up the numbers, like everyone out there, he wants to win races, if not the championship.

·
The Poe Poe!
637 Posts
I wasn't meaning it will be his last year because Yamaha will replace him, I can't see him continuing if this year is similar to last year... He isn't racing to make up the numbers, like everyone out there, he wants to win races, if not the championship.
I wasn't calling you out brother. Just making my own personal statement about him / the rest of career. I agree with you too.

61 - 80 of 335 Posts
About this Discussion
334 Replies
27 Participants
Mysteryman
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing