Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2019 MotoGP Season **Spoiler Alert**

31K views 386 replies 28 participants last post by  Kevap 
#1 ·
I see nobody else did it.

#4 · (Edited)
There is a special at the moment to buy the VideoPass for the off season for 1 euro. Covers the official testing and also access to the MotoGP library.

Offer valid until 25 Nov European time.

Just watch out for the autorenewal at the start of the season.

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L02 using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Mav and VR saying way different things. They both decided on engine #1 (Yam gave them two new engines to test at Valencia. They tested #1 on day 1, and #2 on day 2. Both riders said engine #1) but VR says they are still in trouble. After 5 laps, tire going off. Mav is stating things are great. We may see the beginning of Mav taking over dev. He is too young and inexperienced for this. I don't know why these idiots question the old man. He has been developing premier class bikes since 2000, the NSR @ Honda. NSR, RC211v, and the M1's since the first crossplane. Ignore him at your peril. VR has been telling him this since 2015 and look what happened this year. Stubborn mf'ers.

#13 ·
Yeah he has done this before. He thinks things are great and then he starts whining we he can’t do anything on the bike. Valentino knows what to look for, lknows the minutia that will get them wins or get them in trouble. Mav is so up and down with his riding, comments, and development work. All I know is what Mav said last week. “This is the bike” and what not. No rook, the bikes will be completely different come Sepang and Qatar. Rossi sees the gains Ducati just made in testing, as well as Honda and even Suzuki. Yes Yamaha have fixed many of their 2018 issues. What Rossi sees and Mav does not is that Ducati, Honda, and Suzuki just took a big step forward while they are merely fixing 2018 issues. 2019i will be different. Everyone should be scared of Gigi and that Ducati. If they fix their mid corner issues with handling, even Honda knows they are fukt.

#14 ·
Everyone should be scared of Gigi and that Ducati. If they fix their mid corner issues with handling, even Honda knows they are fukt.

Couldn't happen to two more deserving riders.

Marquez and Lorenzo, that is. I hope Ducati OWNS them next year.

#21 · (Edited)
He had to take a huge paycut for Honda to hire him, they’re saying somewhere around 3m per season only so not as big of a number as he made at either Yamaha or Ducati but was the only way he would stay in the paddock, he was out of options.

#22 ·
Ducati were going to cut his pay if he stayed, so I doubt he's much worse off at Honda. I understand he had no problems with the team, but some of Domenicali's comments had upset him.

I expect this will even further shift the balance towards Honda. Before Lorenzo was injured at Aragon, he and Dovi were making life very difficult for Marquez. Petrucci is a decent rider, but just not in the same league.

#23 ·
Doubt Ducati even gave him an option to stay, that’s the thing. Unfortunately time wasn’t in his corner and that gas tank came a bit late but they had already opted for Petrucci way before Lorenzo started gaining momentum and also Petrucci per contract from what I understand had a guaranteed factory ride anyways, they were just waiting to see who of the two riders would tank first so they could offer that seat and with Dovi finishing runner up, that was a no brainer.

Petrucci has shown signs of brilliance but yeah I don’t see him being up there battling it out with the top guys, he’s too inconsistent. Ducati covered their a$$es and it’s only a one year deal so he has no choice but to pull something special together and put the season of his life to not loose the seat. Kind of a messed up situation but well beggars can’t be choosers.

Also what doesn’t offend Lorenzo? He gets butt hurt at everything to be honest so no surprise there. Now he needs to put up the ride of his life against the best on the grid and he will either succeed or fail in a spectacular manner but as weak minded as he is and always finding excuses for his failures instead of admitting it like a man cause his ego is the size of the galaxy, it will take something extremely special to break MM. HRC will cater to MM way before they even glance at Lorenzo and as we all know, he doesn’t do well with being number 2 as it’s been shown in many different occasions, just hope that another infamous “pit wall” scenario won’t result from this rivalry.

It’s on him to finally grow past his childish mindset and accept he needs to put hard work in to succeed and that things aren’t just passed down or handed to him as it used to be and there is a whole new school of talented riders that could see him out of a ride if he’s not careful. The mistake he made moving to Ducati was that he wanted the factory to do all the work for him (which Dovi did most of the back breaking work) and not having to adjust himself in any way to the bike, takes two to tango, Ducati not only has put insane R&R funding into making the bike as successful as it is now throughout all these years, they also gave him an insane amount of money because they believed he perhaps had what it took to bring the title home and he refused to do his part. Now in most people’s eyes it seemed like an easy delivery of a tank from Ducati’s part, however I am sure the head honchos felt that he wasn’t willing to meet them halfway and try to attempt to adjust at least in the slightest bit to the bike. He got used to an easy ride at Yamaha in which he didn’t have to do squat to ride it, he has to move past that to be able to win again. He’s off to a scorching start without a doubt in pre-season with impressive times although the injuries but guess only time will tell what will go down.

#24 ·
I loathe Lorentho but make no bones about it, he is one of the best 3 riders in the world, period. If anything, the Ducati 2 year escapade has made him stronger. He now can adapt faster and I think you saw that in the 4 days on the Honda. Lorenzo is the strongest rider in the corners in the entire MotoGP field. I do not think it will take as long for him to podium and win on the RCV compared to the GP17/GP18. He'll be a legit threat for the title next year. I also think George had legit beef with Corse. We saw what happened when he got what he asked for. Claudio f'd up and he knows it. Mugello, Lorenzo was a g damn monster.

He has also matured. I think the Ducati 2 year contract humbled him a bit and he has it between the teeth now to shove it up Ducati's ass and everyone else who doubted him. I still think he is a prick but I feel that way about many of the Spanish riders. Pedrosa was just like him when he was young, yet matured, and became a calmer guy on and off the track. I think we are seeing some of that today but #99 still does throw backs to his old self when he thinks it suits him. Marc throws fits too, you just don't see it. He was better pr trained and does it behind closed doors.

Suzuki will be more competitive next year and unless Yamaha fixes their 3 year old bs, it's gonna be a MM, JL, and AD show next year. With Petrux, Rossi and Vinales spoiling the party on occasion. Jorge is going to be quite fast on that Honda. Gigi is the best engineer in the paddock but Honda is still NASA.

#36 ·
Testing is testing brah. Rossi banged out a 1:59.625 before lunch and was the fastest man of the test so far but that didn’t last. Dovi is sitting on top of the timesheets at 2pm on Thursday, a 1:59.562.

They are so close right now it’s irrelevant as they are testing engines, chassis, aero parts, name it. Marquez is focused on the engine while Vale and Mav are both testing the bike on worn tires. Yamaha has made engine changes (internals, and crankshaft weight changes), chassis changes, and worked on the electronics. If they can get the bike to work on used tires they’ll be heaps better than last year. The main problem I see so far is Honda has made significant steps forward with their engine with Marquez stating it has a bunch more torque. But so far the Monster Yamaha boys aren’t complaining. Rossi even said he was comfortable on and with the bike on Wednesday. Let’s hope Yamaha’s engine changes are the ticket to that rear tire wear.

#37 ·
Just checked Crash for Thursday results:

MV to the top
MILLER 3rd
VR in 6th

MM back down to 8th

#40 ·
Final:

1 9 Danilo Petrucci Ducati GP19 1:58.239
2 63 Francesco Bagnaia Ducati GP18 1:58.302
3 43 Jack Miller Ducati GP19 1:58.366
4 4 Andrea Dovizioso Ducati GP19 1:58.538
5 12 Maverick Vinales Yamaha M1 1:58.644
6 35 Cal Crutchlow Honda RC213V 1:58.780
7 41 Aleix Espargaro Aprilia RS-GP 1:59.022
8 21 Franco Morbidelli Yamaha M1 1:59.141
9 30 Takaaki Nakagami Honda RC213V 1:59.148
10 46 Valentino Rossi Yamaha M1 1:59.155
11 93 Marc Marquez Honda RC213V 1:59.170
12 42 Alex Rins Suzuki GSX-RR 1:59.180
13 6 Stefan Bradl Honda RC213V 1:59.368
14 53 Tito Rabat Ducati GP18 1:59.485
15 36 Joan Mir Suzuki GSX-RR 1:59.486
16 20 Fabio Quartararo Yamaha M1 1:59.497
17 5 Johann Zarco KTM RC16 1:59.640
18 44 Pol Espargaro KTM RC16 1:59.751
19 88 Miguel Oliveira KTM RC16 1:59.949
20 17 Karel Abraham Ducati GP18 2:00.378
21 55 Hafizh Syahrin KTM RC16 2:00.766
22 50 Sylvain Guintoli Suzuki GSX-RR 2:00.990
23 38 Bradley Smith Aprilia RS-GP 2:00.995
24 66 Mika Kallio KTM RC16 2:01.020
25 T2 Nakasuga/Folger Yamaha M1 2:01.243
26 T1 Jonas Folger Yamaha M1 2:01.719

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.