Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello biker bros,
I'm thinking of getting a 2019 Yamaha R1 (Rapid red) here in San Francisco bay area, California.
The OTD price quotes I'm getting are around $16,500 (dealerships in San Jose and Hayward).
Anyone who got a 2019 R1 recently, please chime in with your purchase price and other suggestions, if any. Thank you!
Also, on a side note, only red color R1s are left over in most showrooms I inquired. Does it mean red is not so popular and can possibly hurt resale value later?
Ride safe!

·
An R1 kinda day!
2015 Yamaha YZF R1 Raven Edition
618 Posts
It's a year old. Offer them 9,000 and go from there.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got quotes on brand new 2019 R1's in the valley area for $15,270 OTD, I would definitely look around and be very aggressive negotiating.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello biker bros,
I'm thinking of getting a 2019 Yamaha R1 (Rapid red) here in San Francisco bay area, California.
The OTD price quotes I'm getting are around $16,500 (dealerships in San Jose and Hayward).
Anyone who got a 2019 R1 recently, please chime in with your purchase price and other suggestions, if any. Thank you!
Also, on a side note, only red color R1s are left over in most showrooms I inquired. Does it mean red is not so popular and can possibly hurt resale value later?
Ride safe!
15,400 OTD in Sacramento one month ago. PM me!

·
Registered
4 Posts
What year? I’m also in NorCal and I keep checking out CycleTrader and was considering buying out of state and with the Yamaha deal going until the end of the month I’m hoping to find a deal or wait to see if they continue the sale

·
Registered
20 Posts
What year? I’m also in NorCal and I keep checking out CycleTrader and was considering buying out of state and with the Yamaha deal going until the end of the month I’m hoping to find a deal or wait to see if they continue the sale
2019 in Black and Blue. Nows the time to buy for sure

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got quotes on brand new 2019 R1's in the valley area for $15,270 OTD, I would definitely look around and be very aggressive negotiating.
Very good numbers for the valley area.
Can you share some details about quotes/dealership here or over PM?
Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
But wait.. Are we allowed to get motorcycles from other states? I thought that's not possible due to CARB restrictions.. (or it has to be used for more than 7500 miles)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh I think you’re right. I completely forgot, you just saved my ass lol Back to the drawing board!
Did you end up picking up an R1? I think I’m in the same boat as you. Are you buying cash or financing?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@Newfan : No, haven't picked it up yet. Still searching for best priced one around. Of course, the ongoing situation outside has slowed down things too.
Are you considering the 2020 model too? I see it has quite a few improvements.
I'd be financing the bike. Let's keep ourselves updated about the search.
Ride safe!

·
Registered
4 Posts
@Newfan : No, haven't picked it up yet. Still searching for best priced one around. Of course, the ongoing situation outside has slowed down things too.
Are you considering the 2020 model too? I see it has quite a few improvements.
I'd be financing the bike. Let's keep ourselves updated about the search.
Ride safe!
The Yamaha “ready to ride” deal ends today I believe, so we’ll have to see what the new deal will be or if this will get extended. I’m eyeing the 2019, the previous year will always get the better deals. 2020 is nice but I prefer the look of the 2019. I’m financing too so whatever is the better deal will be my choice haha

·
Just Me.
384 Posts
The Yamaha “ready to ride” deal ends today I believe, so we’ll have to see what the new deal will be or if this will get extended. I’m eyeing the 2019, the previous year will always get the better deals. 2020 is nice but I prefer the look of the 2019. I’m financing too so whatever is the better will be my choice haha
Let's get it. Yeah!

I have a Yamaha card that was issued in late 2018 or early 2019 - I can't remember exactly when. It's been sitting there with a zero balance since it was opened. The lady who sold me my beloved R6 7 years ago talked me into opening the account. It's a gateway to a new toy if needed. I still have other plans, so we'll see what the future holds.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just as I thought Yamaha extended the zero down zero payments for 90 days deal until end of May. So we should have some time to find the best deals out there

·
Registered
55 Posts
I bought my 2018 R1 last year in February for $16k OTD. I live in Los Angeles and the sales tax was 9.5% and I believe I had $500 customer cash.

For the 2019, you have $700 customer cash from Yamaha. I'm pretty sure you can do better than me (I was impatient at the time of purchase). If I were you, I would pay no more than $15.5k OTD. Ideal OTD price would be $15k or less.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts