Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike runs great but at 5/6k rpms jumps up and down a few hundred. Started after filling up last week. Thinking maybe it was bad gas so right away I drained the tank and filled with new and still having same issue. Any idea what this could be. I’d post a video of the Rpms but don’t know if this site allows it

·
11,795 Posts
what octane gas are you using and are you using an ethanol blend?

·
The R1S Guy!
181 Posts
I'm no expert and I'm just spitballing here but with how in synchronicity that RPM pulse is I'm thinking you've got some kind of ECU issue. Is it like this in every gear at the same RPM? Maybe something about that fuel threw something in the ECU off and it hasn't worked itself out. First thing I would do personally is disconnect the battery and ECU, let it sit for a while so everything discharges, hook it back up and then test it.

·
The R1S Guy!
181 Posts
Also as I side note after my theory I dug a bit and found this. Notice the similarity between his gauge cluster and your own? SC light stuck on, TCS and SCS forced off.

Did you happen to take your rear wheel off recently?

Your cluster.

His cluster.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had tires put on weeks ago and I turn traction controls off myself. With it on it off don’t make a difference. Rpms still jump around and it just started doing this

1 - 11 of 11 Posts