Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told by two very good sources that ECU is unlocked and Tunes are being set up. They had extreme difficulty and this years global issues prolonged it. FTecu and HSBK racing. So the wait is almost over. I’m so excited to flash ECU unlock full power on my Highly upgraded R1 2020. I am waiting to hear if I’m gonna get a M1000RR delivered in spring 21. Now since season is getting closer to over Next Spring will be exciting as R1 will be A different bike with all my upgrades and ECU flashed with Akrapovic Tune. Then a M1000RR. I will have two new Rides.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have been told by two very good sources that ECU is unlocked and Tunes are being set up. They had extreme difficulty and this years global issues prolonged it. FTec U and HSBK racing. So the wait is almost over. I’m so excited to flash ECU unlock full power on my Highly upgraded R1 2020. I am waiting to hear if I’m gonna get a M1000RR delivered in spring 21. Now since season is getting closer to over Next Spring will be exciting as R1 will be A different bike with all my upgrades and ECU flashed with Akropovic Tune. Then a M1000RR. I will have two new Rides.
👍

·
Crash OverRide
1,354 Posts
What great news! I tell ya it’s been long enough! Seeing the title to this post brought a huge smile to my face! ordering the full system this next week!

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Emailed Bauce Racing two days ago and he replied that the 2020 R1 is NOT cracked yet, and at this time, they are unable to flash a 2020 R1. He hopes to have that capability soon, but has no firm target date as of now. Like many of you, I'm sitting on a bone-stock 2020 and want to unleash the horses hiding out in there. Trying to wait, but it's pure hell.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have had so many issues with ECU . Anything that plugs in make sure that it’s for 2020 R1. I have JetPrime controls that I now have to send back because they are 2015 and up and I need the 2020 version only. I got locked out of programming. I spoke FTecu and Superbike unlimited about flash. They both said Nov. I had tried Power Commander with custom tune it sucked. Since removed that wasted money. I can’t wait to flash bike but I’m also gonna wait make sure no glitches because Libby’s Yamaha in New Haven Ct where I bought this years motorcycle is unprepared to deal with customization. I at this point will flash 2020 R1 in early 21. After I hear everyone in south and west is happy with there flash. I’m done dealing with issues.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think Yamaha is making mistake by making the ECU and overall bike difficult to upgrade. I can’t wait for My M1000RR it seems that German and Italian bike makers understand most riders want to customize there bikes. Japan or at least Yamaha is making that really difficult. I will love this R1 but don’t love head aches that it’s showing

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have had so many issues with ECU . Anything that plugs in make sure that it’s for 2020 R1. I have JetPrime controls that I now have to send back because they are 2015 and up and I need the 2020 version only. I got locked out of programming. I spoke FTecu and Superbike unlimited about flash. They both said Nov. I had tried Power Commander with custom tune it sucked. Since removed that wasted money. I can’t wait to flash bike but I’m also gonna wait make sure no glitches because Libby’s Yamaha in New Haven Ct where I bought this years motorcycle is unprepared to deal with customization. I at this point will flash 2020 R1 in early 21. After I hear everyone in south and west is happy with there flash. I’m done dealing with issues.
So enough said. I’m so disappointed in Yamaha for making it difficult my purchase that I already put down payment on should say it all. I understand that they need to comply with the stricter rules euro 5 and soon 6 but don’t screw things to point where we can’t upgrade bikes. If you do that then use only best of best charge more.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
I was told by Bobby at HSBK that they did crack the ECU, but the bike would have to be present for them to flash. But he also said hopefully with in the next month they will have a work bench harness and be able to do this via mail.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I think Yamaha is making mistake by making the ECU and overall bike difficult to upgrade. I can’t wait for My M1000RR it seems that German and Italian bike makers understand most riders want to customize there bikes. Japan or at least Yamaha is making that really difficult. I will love this R1 but don’t love head aches that it’s showing
You have to pay BMW $5700 to get race harness and ECU. How is BMW making it any easier than Yamaha to flash?
There is BrenTune, Xworks, and other flashes, but they are not through BMW. Still voids the warranty. If you want the R1 flashed proper you need GYTR harness/ECU, they're half BMW's cost.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Only Bike I’m aware Out of all 2020 Sportbikes is R1 that can not be flashed. I tried Power Commander with Secondary Fuel Mod and custom tune even had Two maps I could switch between. I have 3/4 Akropovic exhaust with BMC airfilter block of plates . Now I’m waiting to flash after removing all that. I don’t intend to flash my 2021 M1000RR . At least not for few years. However I bought and Started upgrades expecting to flash this. I’m not even sure what the warranty on my R1 is.

·
Registered
101 Posts
So enough said. I’m so disappointed in Yamaha for making it difficult my purchase that I already put down payment on should say it all. I understand that they need to comply with the stricter rules euro 5 and soon 6 but don’t screw things to point where we can’t upgrade bikes. If you do that then use only best of best charge more.

But to be fair you can customize the bike, they've just made it so that it's not as easy to circumvent emissions/noise compliance. Given some recent legal rulings (Revzilla comes to mind) can you really blame them? The new Corvette is the same and I'm sure more newer bikes will be the same. It's the same as with an iphone or Android phone, being able to hack a product isn't necessarily an entitlement. As primarily a track rider price aside the kit ecu/harness isn't really a big deal to me because I have no intent to ride a de-restricted bike on the street. Not judging just calling it as I see it. I took mine straight from the dealership to the track and rode it stock. Aside from being a bit quiet the performance wasn't lacking in anyway in stock form. But given the $$$ of the thing I wanted the full unleashed bike regardless if I needed it or not. That's my issue not Yamaha's. Some where impressed by the hp numbers by that guy who posted the rapidbike system install and tune. But they don't seem to remember the US bikes are more restricted so those big numbers are easier to see. Do I need 190bhp? No but I paid for it and if it's there I want it (I know famous last words). So my bike has been sitting for almost a year with 345 miles on it that were done the first weekend I had the thing. Is that Yamaha's fault? No it's mine. Stripped it last Dec thinking a flash would come soon it didn't. got the kit ecu but then couldn't get anyone to install it for me. Did it myself had a couple of issues (my fault) and then when put the bike back to OEM did something wrong. then life happened so the bike still sits unridden. But that's 100% my fault not Yamaha's. again just trying to be realistic and fair.

Being an early adapter (got my 2020 R1 back in Nov) my frustration has more been with the lack of actual testing by some of the aftermarket companies. Seems like many of them just assumed the 2020 was mainly cosmetic updates and I had to send a few things back that were supposed to be 2020 compatible that actually weren't. there was no excuse for that

·
Registered
7 Posts
Talked too my mechanic today, he looked through the Spanish YouTube guy with r1m and rapidbike. Said the Dyno is a pure joke and the things his saying here at this forum also, about the Dyno having ramair abilities etc= is pure rubbish.

We dynoed my stock r1 2020 today, first Dyno at 700km and now at little under 4000km. First dyno was 178rwhp/101nm and now 182rwhp/104nm.

Screenshot of dynosheet.

He also talked too acouple of flash companies and they said November date for flash.. let's see hopefully that will come through

IMG_20201027_194151__01.jpg

·
Registered
218 Posts
Talked too my mechanic today, he looked through the Spanish YouTube guy with r1m and rapidbike. Said the Dyno is a pure joke and the things his saying here at this forum also, about the Dyno having ramair abilities etc= is pure rubbish.

We dynoed my stock r1 2020 today, first Dyno at 700km and now at little under 4000km. First dyno was 178rwhp/101nm and now 182rwhp/104nm.

Screenshot of dynosheet.

He also talked too acouple of flash companies and they said November date for flash.. let's see hopefully that will come through

View attachment 1016145
Thanks for the information on the stock R1. I was wondering about what was the actual whp on it. it seems like we are getting closer to the flash date maybe I should get my full evo akrapovic.

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,297 Posts
Is this still the unicorn of 2020?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 46 Posts