Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Crash OverRide
1,359 Posts
It seems Rapid Bike seems to be the better choice for the fuel controller with the ability to have auto tune built and not having the FI light coming on. Anyone else have problems with the Rapid Bike turner and the FI light coming on?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Any updates? It's November lol
Yeah, don’t hold your breath! I’ve been hearing that mid November would be the time frame then December and now sometime next year. I ordered the PCV last week. Dyno jet now offers 3 maps for the ‘20 R1.

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,550 Posts
Yawn.....
Not gonna happen.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,308 Posts
The Only Bike I’m aware Out of all 2020 Sportbikes is R1 that can not be flashed. I tried Power Commander with Secondary Fuel Mod and custom tune even had Two maps I could switch between. I have 3/4 Akropovic exhaust with BMC airfilter block of plates . Now I’m waiting to flash after removing all that. I don’t intend to flash my 2021 M1000RR . At least not for few years. However I bought and Started upgrades expecting to flash this. I’m not even sure what the warranty on my R1 is.
barking up wrong tree.. Power Commander was NEVER designed to do what a re-flash can..

you can still use one to smooth out fueling, but you're doing it within the parameters and
limitations of said ECU programming.

saying you bought one, slapped it on, took it off and threw it away thinking its garbage just
shows how little you know.

oh, btw a 2ndary fuel controller is not required, only IF you plan on running a Turbo.

you could have found that out with one email. again.. clueless. :LOL:

i'm not even gonna mention the block off plates.. or air filter, or. etc. etc.. you're obviously new to this

welcome to 10 years ago..

·
Registered
355 Posts
barking up wrong tree.. Power Commander was NEVER designed to do what a re-flash can..

you can still use one to smooth out fueling, but you're doing it within the parameters and
limitations of said ECU programming.

saying you bought one, slapped it on, took it off and threw it away thinking its garbage just
shows how little you know.

oh, btw a 2ndary fuel controller is not required, only IF you plan on running a Turbo.

you could have found that out with one email. again.. clueless. :LOL:

i'm not even gonna mention the block off plates.. or air filter, or. etc. etc.. you're obviously new to this

welcome to 10 years ago..

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Its true. Piggyback fuel / Spark controllers are limited to their control. You can never replace the quality and functionality of retuning the ECU as a whole.

Auto-Tuners are nice, but only help improve spark and fuel curves.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone heard anything new?

I want to get on track soon, but dont want to run the bike hard until I've had it mapped...

·
Premium Member
20 Posts

I want to get on track soon, but dont want to run the bike hard until I've had it mapped...
I just seen a video where Brent tuning just unlocked 650ib Honda fireblade sp, and he said brent was working on the 2020/2021 next

I seen the video 650ib has up of his Honda fireblade sp being unlocked by brentuning, and in the comments he said brentuning is working on the 2021r1m and should have it cracked in, I think he said 3 weeks

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I just seen a video where Brent tuning just unlocked 650ib Honda fireblade sp, and he said brent was working on the 2020/2021 next

I seen the video 650ib has up of his Honda fireblade sp being unlocked by brentuning, and in the comments he said brentuning is working on the 2021r1m and should have it cracked in, I think he said 3 weeks View attachment 1018232
Also seen this

·
Registered
331 Posts
If someone don't crack that 2020 ecu, you may find tuners over in the US doing what Seton has done here, where they have a 2020 engine running and older R1 ecu. The ecu is modified with all rider's aid that gives more drive out the corners, better lif. Infact it is better than the kit ecu. The bike us doing an endurance race soon before they offer the service to public, apparently it is not as simple as it seems, but the fact he's done it, is an achievement.
Also it will be cheaper the buying the kit and loom.
I think Yamaha should do something, as most Italian bikes still have that facility.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

·
Top Heavy
42 Posts
A week or so ago on the FB R1 group, it was announced that Flashtune can now do the 2020’s. Best of luck and happy tuning.

·
Registered
101 Posts
If someone don't crack that 2020 ecu, you may find tuners over in the US doing what Seton has done here, where they have a 2020 engine running and older R1 ecu. The ecu is modified with all rider's aid that gives more drive out the corners, better lif. Infact it is better than the kit ecu. The bike us doing an endurance race soon before they offer the service to public, apparently it is not as simple as it seems, but the fact he's done it, is an achievement.
Also it will be cheaper the buying the kit and loom.
I think Yamaha should do something, as most Italian bikes still have that facility.

Quite expensive to go the other way, starting with a complete 2020 bike and having it run on a pre 2020 ECU unfortunately

·
Registered
331 Posts
Quite expensive to go the other way, starting with a complete 2020 bike and having it run on a pre 2020 ECU unfortunately
Hi ramocs, it is having to get an older ecu then have it integrated to the 2020 loom, if that is how they are doing it would be more expensive than just getting it flashed. Although its been done, there ain't much information about it.
With the Euro 5 and all them cats on, plus the snatchy throttle, although better it ain't right.
Pcv is the only option which really can only sort out the fuelling but can't adjust the timing. They keep saying someone will break into it soon, hopefully someone will soon, till they break into that ecu I wouldn't buy the new R1 and feel sorry for the people that have.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi ramocs, it is having to get an older ecu then have it integrated to the 2020 loom, if that is how they are doing it would be more expensive than just getting it flashed. Although its been done, there ain't much information about it.
With the Euro 5 and all them cats on, plus the snatchy throttle, although better it ain't right.
Pcv is the only option which really can only sort out the fuelling but can't adjust the timing. They keep saying someone will break into it soon, hopefully someone will soon, till they break into that ecu I wouldn't buy the new R1 and feel sorry for the people that have.

I understood that they used a 2020 engine on the older harness and ECU. Didn't realize they figured how to run the new 3 plug new harness and electronic throttle on the old ECU

41 - 60 of 74 Posts