Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
I know more than you.
352 Posts
Lol Rossi 7th. Beaten by Petrucci, Rins, a rookie, and his own teammate! hahaha suck shit.

Looking forward to 2020 and seeing Marquez getting his 9th title in record time.

·
Take the red pill
6,809 Posts
Let's see if Yamaha can solve their speed problems and rear tire degradation. How many years is this going to go on?

Alex Marquez is looking the likely rider to take Lorenzo's seat. Yeah he is the Moto2 champion but, c'mon. Talk about favoritism.

Looks like roulette on where Zarco is going to land.

·
Take the red pill
6,809 Posts
Alex Marquez to factory Repsol. What a joke. I bet Cal is fuming. Puig is insisting that "he's moto2 champion this is why" but we all know this is bs.

·
I miss my R1
3,004 Posts
Alex Marquez to factory Repsol. What a joke. I bet Cal is fuming. Puig is insisting that "he's moto2 champion this is why" but we all know this is bs.
Not going to lie, I'd take Alex Marquez over Cal any day of the week. He's the king of making excuses and he crashes way too much.
I like Cal because he tells it like it is, but he's not that talented, IMO.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Lol Rossi 7th. Beaten by Petrucci, Rins, a rookie, and his own teammate! hahaha suck shit.

Looking forward to 2020 and seeing Marquez getting his 9th title in record time.
Rossi is irrelevant, and has been for sometime. He would have finished 11th if not for 3 guys crashing in front of him. I mean the Rookies are using him as a doormat. He offers up very little in terms of results, but always has plenty of excuses. He needs to go ASAP. He should def step aside, or swap places with Fabio and let Fabio and MV push each other to catch MM.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Let's see if Yamaha can solve their speed problems and rear tire degradation. How many years is this going to go on?

Alex Marquez is looking the likely rider to take Lorenzo's seat. Yeah he is the Moto2 champion but, c'mon. Talk about favoritism.

Looks like roulette on where Zarco is going to land.
It seems only Rossi is the one with the so called problems. Why is it so hard to see that He is done? He's 40 years and declining rapidly in front of our eyes. Nothing left in the thank but excuses.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Why is that a joke? He's a moto2 world champ. Cal is lucratively connected with Monster Energy and very good friends with one of the companies Execs, he's starring down the barrel of retirement himself, and def past his prime. He also likes it at LCR and seems more than happy to finish out his career there. Taka avg at best and wouldn't even be in MotoGP if not for him being Japanese. And he's been largely underwhelming since moving up from moto2. In fact Honda don't even think he's worth 'factory' machinery next season. Zarco has a very similar style to that of JL's and He also showed he can be a problem child when things aren't going his way. He quit on KTM, and vastly underwhelming during his 3 races on the old honda with the better front end. He's also no spring chicken so why not take a chance on a young newly crowned world champ who you know will get along easily with the current world champ. MM will no doubt do everything he can to help Alex adapt and find success in the class.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not going to lie, I'd take Alex Marquez over Cal any day of the week. He's the king of making excuses and he crashes way too much.
I like Cal because he tells it like it is, but he's not that talented, IMO.
Rossi fits the same description as well. Yamaha should swap he and Fabio for next season as He and MV would make for a much stronger pairing to face down MM than the old man in the back mixing it up with satellite riders, rookies, KTM, and Aprilia.

·
237 Posts
MotoGP.com wants $150.00 for season pass; I may wait for sale price...

Valencia nice track; race is viewable from all seats

MM team very slick. they use one bike for the warm up lap, switch bikes and change those tires at the pole position; saving fuel and rubber.

·
I know more than you.
352 Posts
It seems only Rossi is the one with the so called problems. Why is it so hard to see that He is done? He's 40 years and declining rapidly in front of our eyes. Nothing left in the thank but excuses.
Of course - he is the problem. He's been whining all year about his bike, but the other two seem to be having no problem with it. The sooner his seat goes to someone who can do something with it, like Quatararo, the better.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Of course - he is the problem. He's been whining all year about his bike, but the other two seem to be having no problem with it. The sooner his seat goes to someone who can do something with it, like Quatararo, the better.
I agree. His actions and behavior mirror that of a once great that can't accept his time has pasted. He has very little to offer at this stage besides excuses. I for one feel Yamaha has wasted more than enough time, energy, and resources on a rider with no future and more important zero upside. Anyone who thinks a 41 year old Rossi has something for MM isn't grounded. MM dispatched Rossi with ease as rookie. Hell, Fabio dispatched Rossi as rookie.
Yamaha would have a much better chance at pressuring MM with both Fabio and MV. Rossi's current form warrants a place in the Petronas team. Battling for top10, or top 5 and sniffing the podiums every once in a great while is about it for him at this point. All the HP in the world won't change that.

·
wanna B on the Track
1,055 Posts
Of course Repsol hires the other Marquez.. they are Spanish owned. They want Spaniards on the bikes

1 - 20 of 48 Posts