Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

501 - 520 of 609 Posts

·
An R1 kinda day!
2015 Yamaha YZF R1 Raven Edition
600 Posts
Well, Marquez is riding. But down in 20th. He's not attacking the corners like he usually does.

·
An R1 kinda day!
600 Posts
Marquez is out. Will not be racing Sunday.

·
Hope is what makes us Human.
8,427 Posts
Was good while it last it....😎

·
An R1 kinda day!
600 Posts
The up and coming FQ. Made Marquez push all the much harder. He was already determined to make Yamaha look foolish but instead put himself out. Ha ha ha.

Reactions: Manic1

·
An R1 kinda day!
600 Posts
Yamaha one two three. FQ, MV, VR! Old man Rossi almost got 2nd! Still though,

·
An R1 kinda day!
600 Posts
A "New Star' in MotoGP.
One star falls, another rises. .
Always had been. Always will be.

·
wanna B on the Track
1,133 Posts
FQ pretty quick in warm up

·
Premium Member
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #510
Watching Sky congratulate their 41 year old owner was great.

MV is hating FQ right now.

Watching Rossi get back on the podium was the most exciting part of the race. People continue to try to write him off.

A healthy MM would have wrecked this race under these conditions.

·
An R1 kinda day!
600 Posts
Hell yeah.......

·
Just Me.
334 Posts
Ugly, ugly, ugly race, but still interesting in its own way.

Damn near half the grid didn't get to finish - crashes, mechanical failures, injuries... I see CC35 managed to get back out there and rack up some points. Salute to #35.

The 1, 2, 3 finish of Yamaha was crazy especially with the Petronas bike beating both the factory bikes. Hmmm. I'll let that stay right where it is. Good ride, Fabio. MV still has it for a 25 year old, but VR46 made him work for the 2nd place on the podium. Nice riding by the 41 year old man who people say he doesn't have it anymore. HA!

A damn shame for both Morbidelli and Baggs. They both were in serious contention, and then poof - like that, it was taken away. Sucks. And, WTF is up with Yamaha electronics and/or engines? First race, Rossi suffered. Now Morbidelli. WTF is going on behind the scenes that we don't know about? Are the techs forgetting to refill the compressed nitrogen tanks for the pneumatic valves or something?

I wanted to see Dovi out there, but IDK what happened. TN30 looked good out there for LCR.

Tough highside for the kid. Hopefully he’s okay. We're rooting for you, Binder.

·
wanna B on the Track
1,133 Posts
Rossi said the first races he made a mistake with tire choice

·
An R1 kinda day!
600 Posts
The old man dominated the press conference. So many questions about his performance and thoughts.

·
Take the red pill
6,872 Posts
Loving it. I get to go somewhere else on the web and drop a big shit sandwich to some haters. Harris coined it, never count Valentino out. If you do it’s at your own peril. F’in haters.

He still has the youthful spirit. Cool down lap, he stopped the bike, climbed the wall of tires and started punching the air for his fans. Nobody was there but he did it anyway. Now lets get back to the top step Vale. I want to see the haters cry in agony. You’re still Rick James bitch!

And I said this many times prior. When Yamaha works with his chief and crew to get that front end of his M1, dialed in, where he can use multiple lines into the corner he will be there. Well that’s was proved correct today with the battle with Viñales. That was Vale riding his style. Full confidence in the front end to run many different lines into the corner. Maverick had hell on Earth trying to get past. Valentino used many different lines and you could see how hard he was braking, and that hard braking is his style. Fantastic to see him again. He was missing the last half of 2019 and the first race this season. They have made the necessary step to the weight distribution which must be done for Vale to be Vale. Now they must work harder. Yamaha was telling him to ride like Maverick and Fabio, and now Yamaha got served too. I’ll never understand a manu not listening to Vale. When they listen, make the changes he asks for, to the bike, he is always there. When they don’t listen they don’t get the results. Perhaps now, they will listen to his development again, and give him a competitive M1. He deserves it.

501 - 520 of 609 Posts