Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

541 - 560 of 609 Posts

·
An R1 kinda day!
2015 Yamaha YZF R1 Raven Edition
600 Posts
Marquez may not be racing in Brno after all. The plate in his arm got damaged by 'stress' and had to be replaced. Imagine that.

·
Just Me.
334 Posts
-60 points. That's gotta be rough for the World Champ. Welp, there's always 2021. Heal up, 93.

·
Take the red pill
6,872 Posts
He did it to himself in FP4 or post race via MX. His 2020 Championship aspirations are history. I hope he learns from this and takes many races off so he can properly heal. If he does not, he can end his career. He's already had major surgery on his eye, both shoulders and now this. He needs to listen to this and wake up.

·
Venom X/O
24,047 Posts
He did it to himself in FP4 or post race via MX. His 2020 Championship aspirations are history. I hope he learns from this and takes many races off so he can properly heal. If he does not, he can end his career. He's already had major surgery on his eye, both shoulders and now this. He needs to listen to this and wake up.
Eh, that’s easy to say when someone isn’t paying you millions to win. I’m sure he has tremendous contractual pressure and internal pressure to return and win. Who know what’s personally going through his head. It’s easy to say “just sit it out” when we don’t know what’s calling him at night asking questions.

·
Premium Member
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #548
Get over himself? I'm no Marquez fan, but the facts are he's currently the best rider in the world and the rest aren't even close when he's on it.

If he hadn't had that horrible highside on Sunday, he likely would have beaten Maverick to the chequered flag, and possibly even Fabio.

I don't see why you (or anyone) would have that reaction to a racer wanting to race and not wanting someone else to win a championship just because you got injured.
Like I said; he needs to get over himself. He’s not invincible.

·
I miss my R1
3,336 Posts
There's still lots of racing left... If Yamaha goes over their engine allocation, that could be a game-changer.

Interesting take by GPOne, they say the blame is HRC's and not Marc's:

·
An R1 kinda day!
600 Posts
Márquez won’t be back until Misano in September. Means he will miss the next 3 races.

where the hell is Mysteryman when you want someone to heckle?

·
An R1 kinda day!
600 Posts
Yeah, motoamerica beat a poke in the eye I guess. It's a shame our 'National Series' is treated more like club racing when it comes to televised events. Personally, I would take MotoAmerica over NASCRAP on television any day, hands down.

·
Take the red pill
6,872 Posts
That ass hole Puig is stating, in an interview on GP.com that Marc re-damaged the arm, and bent the plate opening a "large door" at his home. I need to watch the press conference, as I thought I heard Matt state that Marc did this walking his dog. All bullshit. Pretty obvious it was FP4 at Jerez II. Why the bs excuses? Dumb.

·
Venom X/O
24,047 Posts
Yeah, motoamerica beat a poke in the eye I guess. It's a shame our 'National Series' is treated more like club racing when it comes to televised events. Personally, I would take MotoAmerica over NASCRAP on television any day, hands down.
Yup! I was watching old TT races at Daytona and RA. To see literally 100,000 people made me sad

·
Take the red pill
6,872 Posts
Ok, so the excuse was Marc was walking his dog, went home and opened a window and hurt his arm again. LMAO.

·
Take the red pill
6,872 Posts
Ok, finally got detail.

Marc Márquez' brother Alex gave a little more detail. "It was 7:30 in the morning," brother and teammate Alex told us. "He woke up a little bit earlier than me and I was sleeping. So I was on my bed and he woke me already with the arm broken. He was only trying to go for a walk with the dogs, to walk a bit and relax, and opening a big window - it's like a door window - broke the arm." The window, he clarified in Spanish, were actually glass patio doors which opened up onto the patio of the house the Márquez brothers share.
Sounds like BS. It was Jerez FP4. But whatever, FP1 in the morning.

·
An R1 kinda day!
600 Posts
FP1 ..... live now. Fvckin' love VP. Even though I have to get up @ 3:45 am EST. Worth it.

Reactions: greg328

·
I miss my R1
3,336 Posts
So I was reading an article on GPOne about Yamaha (and specifically Vinales) engine woes... Vinales could be in deep trouble if they don't add more rounds to the season. His team used their 5th engine in race 2 at Jerez, but the only way they will be able to use a 5th engine legally is if there are 14 races this season. Currently there are only 13, with plans to add another European round due to the 3 cancelled "flyaway" races, so he would be okay as long as that happens, but as it stands right now, he's in violation of the rules.

541 - 560 of 609 Posts