Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

681 - 700 of 781 Posts

·
507 Posts
JFC Vinales, Jack Miller just missed out, great move by Oliveira.

Poor Nakagami but that's racing. I thought that Honda was 'unrideable'?

Any particular reason Ecstar team didn't change Mir's front tire?
pol and jack were dogfighting for 1st and went wide, giving oliviera an opening

sad for nakagami (never give up)

·
Just Me.
378 Posts
yea i agree, but i would've used rear brake until i hit gravel and then jumped off (monday morning quarterback)

i think he knew front brake was bad laps before. and air bag would save him too
Yeah, I think he was aware that he was experiencing problems early on. The cameras even pointed this out several times before his jump off. Are they sabotaging these bikes? WTF is going on in 2020?

In the heat of the moment, for most people/riders/racers, self preservation kicks in long before worrying about saving the bike. When you only have a few seconds to make a decision, and as a racer, you already have the instinct(s), f**k waiting. You're trained to save yourself and not the bike. There's no waiting - you bail. 120mph is no joke when a decision needs to be made. That was almost life or death, and if not that extreme, a serious impact on the way.

Edit: Also remember, momentum designated as 'p' and Newton's First Law (neglecting friction, drag, and etc.), your body will continue to slide in that direction, so it's best to get off early as possible.

Reactions: tory ii

·
Just Me.
378 Posts
yea i agree, but i would've used rear brake until i hit gravel and then jumped off (monday morning quarterback)

i think he knew front brake was bad laps before. and air bag would save him too
Do you see how far he slid? Get off as early as possible.

·
Take the red pill
6,897 Posts
MM out for another couple of months... i wonder if his injuries were worse than they let on
Dr. Costa was interviewed and said Dr. Mir f’d up. He said they should have inserted a pin and not used a plate. Ultimately it’s on Marc Marquez and entirely his fault. He pushed the injury and paid dearly for it.

After today’s race, Suzuki and KTM have the best bikes for 2020 to compete for the championship. Gutted for Mir. He had that race in the bag. Miller said after the race in the post race press conference, he had nothing for Mir. Mir was dialed and locked in for Suzuki’s first win this season. Miller was the ride of the day. The wreck this weekend caused a very damaged tendon in his shoulder. He said at certain points of the track it feels like a knife being inserted into his back. For him to the be there in both races is incredible.

Rossi first Yamaha again, but Yamaha now has engine problems (valves) and brake problems. Not looking good. One of the Yamaha riders may have to start from Pit Lane.

·
Registered
2017 R1M
642 Posts
JFC Vinales, Jack Miller just missed out, great move by Oliveira.

Poor Nakagami but that's racing. I thought that Honda was 'unrideable'?

Any particular reason Ecstar team didn't change Mir's front tire?
Mir had used up all his front tires.

·
Just Me.
378 Posts
Who remembers this? Marc moved in front of Zarco while braking.

·
Just Me.
378 Posts
That's what I'm referencing.

Marc was braking and moved in front of Zarco's line while braking.They blamed Zarco.

The same happened at Austria where Zarco was now in the Marc position of the aforementioned incident, and Zarco still got the blame.

BS #politics.

Reactions: iamzombie

·
wanna B on the Track
1,140 Posts
Well when you are Spanish
And Dorna is Spanish
And Repsol is spanish.. its not your fault

·
507 Posts
imo, the rider in the rear, coming from behind, has to exercise the most caution about making contact with a bike in the front or side/front. that video it look like zarco's fault; that being said, marco has hit riders many times while he was coming from the rear

marco probably think "so what", look at how many times he was hit by a rider approaching him from the rear.

rossi did it to marco and marco did it to rossi. remember when rossi hit lorenzo in the rear tire (no crash)

this is the nature of racing

·
Take the red pill
6,897 Posts

·
The Poe Poe!
688 Posts
My opinion means nothing, but....

-Zarco didn't do it on purpose but like said..He lacked / lacks situational awareness for stuff like that.

-VR, MV, and FM are all watched over for sure.

-Marquez screwed himself and I couldn't be happier. Season (albeit crazy) is so much more entertaining.

-Yamaha = lack of power, braking, and reliability... People act like Rossi can't win races still but if he didn't have this to contend with, I believe he still could. At least podium regularly. Along with the younger Yamaha riders for sure.

-I used to like Pol but his recent actions / attitude has me less likely to root for him.

-Very happy for Binder and Olivera and a lots of the others gaining speed / experience at the front. These are the future to make the seasons more interesting and hopefully challenge Honda and the punk.

-The lack of consistency in penalties / punishments by Dorna is getting old!!!

·
Just Me.
378 Posts
Two more days!

681 - 700 of 781 Posts