Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Crash OverRide
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else seen this? Does any one have any info?

·
Crash OverRide
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
No takers? Most of the info I’m finding they are all in blue rear wheel. Nice touch though I thought with the pic above. Just need to find the decals to do mine the same.

·
Crash OverRide
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And there’s the comedian. I meant is the pic above standard or custom?

·
Crash OverRide
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I’m thinking that would make my 2020 stand out when I get around to do it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Was thinking of doing the same. Don't care for the blue wheels or polished swing arm on the R1M. I ended up getting some O.Z wheels. Haven't decided what I'm going to do about the swing arm yet

·
Venom X/O
23,666 Posts
Was thinking of doing the same. Don't care for the blue wheels or polished swing arm on the R1M. I ended up getting some O.Z wheels. Haven't decided what I'm going to do about the swing arm yet
I’ll trade you a factoryblack swinger and some cash for your polished

·
Registered
31 Posts
thanks for the offer. still not sure what/if I'm going to do anything with the swing arm at the moment. It's not my preference but it's not as annoying as the blue wheels are to me. Depending on budget it's probably something I can live with. Out of curiosity what year is the swing arm that you have?

·
Registered
6 Posts
thanks for the offer. still not sure what/if I'm going to do anything with the swing arm at the moment. It's not my preference but it's not as annoying as the blue wheels are to me. Depending on budget it's probably something I can live with. Out of curiosity what year is the swing arm that you have?
You happen to know how much lighter are the Oz? Is it noticeable?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
not sure the weight difference. Haven't been able to ride the bike with them yet as waiting on the ecu flash to come out since it's been stripped for the track. So can't comment on if I noticed the difference. At this rate I don't know that I will since it's been parked since Nov waiting, doubt I will remember

·
Registered
2017 R1M
524 Posts
What dont you like about the swing arm?? I personally think it’s sick and really makes the bike.

·
Registered
2017 R1M
524 Posts
You happen to know how much lighter are the Oz? Is it noticeable?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
OZ may actually be heavier than the M magnesium wheels. I know when my buddy got forged Marschisni wheels that they were heavier than the cast wheels with the new rotors

·
Registered
31 Posts
What dont you like about the swing arm?? I personally think it’s sick and really makes the bike.
Just personal preference. I don't like bling so that R1M swing arm doesn't do it for me. Neither do the blue wheels. again just a matter of personal tastes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
OZ may actually be heavier than the M magnesium wheels. I know when my buddy got forged Marschisni wheels that they were heavier than the cast wheels with the new rotors

I have not weighed them but just by picking them up I can say to me at least the O.Z wheels felt lighter than the stock wheels. Also if I'm not mistaken the magnesium wheels are stock on the standard as well. It's not a M upgrade

·
Registered
2017 R1M
524 Posts
I have not weighed them but just by picking them up I can say to me at least the O.Z wheels felt lighter than the stock wheels. Also if I'm not mistaken the magnesium wheels are stock on the standard as well. It's not a M upgrade
actually I think the M is the only mag wheel and reg R1 is cast aluminum

·
Registered
31 Posts
actually I think the M is the only mag wheel and reg R1 is cast aluminum
I looked on the Yamaha site and the standard R1 has mag as well

Race-Ready Magnesium Wheels
10-spoke cast magnesium wheels significantly lower rotational mass compared to conventional aluminum cast alloy rims, reducing unsprung weight for quick direction changes and responsive handling.

·
Registered
2017 R1M
524 Posts
I looked on the Yamaha site and the standard R1 has mag as well

Race-Ready Magnesium Wheels
10-spoke cast magnesium wheels significantly lower rotational mass compared to conventional aluminum cast alloy rims, reducing unsprung weight for quick direction changes and responsive handling.
well It looks like I was wrong. When I bought my 17 M I thought that was one of the differences . Thanks for correcting me.

·
Venom X/O
23,666 Posts
My swinger is from a 15 r1, but it’s in beautiful condition. My bike only has 3k on the clock, and the swinger would come with a fast franks captive rear caliper bracket which is pretty cool.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts