Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased the 2020, i have an AR GPR2 exhaust on order and i would like to flash it when it’s installed. I cant find any products on the market for the 2020. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
24,452 Posts
You're bike is newer than new. Call superbike unlimited and ask them when they will be coming out with a flash for the 2020. Then come back here and let everyone else know.

(828) 676-2222 (y)

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,251 Posts
a reflash? say it isnt so!! you're doing it all wrong.. you're supposed to buy the YES
and leave it 100% stock for the next 5 years!!

what is this forum coming to? folks running around thinking they can just tune their
bikes and ride happy. :D

just a little sarcasm there for yah>.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I am in the process of picking up my 2020 R1. I will ordering a full akra titaniun and having my ECU flash. the question that I have is. Am I going to need a PCV. My understanding is that it does the same as a flash and I don't need it. but i will like to ask the experts. thanks for the your response in advance.

·
Crash OverRide
1,326 Posts
Just picked up my my 2020 couple of weeks ago. I’ll be hitting up Superbike Unlimited for the reflash tomorrow. I’ll post up what they say. Going from a 11 model to 2020, this thing has too may switches and buttons!

·
Living my Best Life
54 Posts
Just picked up my my 2020 couple of weeks ago. I’ll be hitting up Superbike Unlimited for the reflash tomorrow. I’ll post up what they say. Going from a 11 model to 2020, this thing has too may switches and buttons!
It’s one extra “switch” that I recall. Already had mode, now there’s just the menu scroll on the right. You’ll get used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Talked with Superbike Unlimited on the phone today. They said that currently the 2020 R1 ECU is “locked” and their ecu flash vendor has not been able to unlock it yet. According to them, they are not offering a reflash on the 2020 R1 at this time.

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,251 Posts
No shit its locked, did they really expect to just hook it up to FTune n' voila, lets tune?

i'm not surprised to hear of this at all.. I'm certain Yamaha would have thought of this for the Euro5 Update.

·
Crash OverRide
1,326 Posts
I’m sure it will be mid year when they have it unlocked.

·
Crash OverRide
1,326 Posts
Who has the reflash for the 2020 R1? Wanting to buy a new exhaust system but been waiting till I can send off the computer before I do so.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In the same boat looking to do full akra on my 2020. What is my best bet for the ECU? Obviously wait until the update is available, but is there somewhere I can physically go? I live in California, used Bauce racing before with my R6 maybe will hit him up. Just sucks mailing it across the country.

·
Registered
2017 R1M
543 Posts
In the same boat looking to do full akra on my 2020. What is my best bet for the ECU? Obviously wait until the update is available, but is there somewhere I can physically go? I live in California, used Bauce racing before with my R6 maybe will hit him up. Just sucks mailing it across the country.
I had my bike dynoed at Attack performance . Get the maximum benefits from the guys that do team Yamaha . Theyre in so cal

·
Registered
48 Posts
Attack is still waiting like everyone else for the ecu to unlocked. I check in once a week lol they are still waiting. Latest estimate is near the end of the month. So aside from getting a race ecu it’s either wait or risk running lean which isn’t something I’m willing to do or just leave it stock for the time being

1 - 20 of 106 Posts