Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

181 - 200 of 206 Posts

·
Crash OverRide
1,345 Posts
Jesus only 40-50 percent throttle
what an ordeal with this 2020 model. I’m thinking of the same as Sydster, sell the 20 and get a 19. I can’t believe 2020 is almost over and no further progress other than a pc5 that only works so so with the idle fuel mix ratio

Reactions: Sydster

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was honestly surprised with the gain from the DynoJet map to his. It definitely cleared up the issues I was having after the exhaust. After I experienced some part throttle issues and no response from someone else with a PC V tune, I figured I’d pull the trigger to make sure the bike was safe AFR. They ended up added 30% fuel in some areas. Just an FYI to the others out there running a DynoJet tune.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I was honestly surprised with the gain from the DynoJet map to his. It definitely cleared up the issues I was having after the exhaust. After I experienced some part throttle issues and no response from someone else with a PC V tune, I figured I’d pull the trigger to make sure the bike was safe AFR. They ended up added 30% fuel in some areas. Just an FYI to the others out there running a DynoJet tune.
can you share your maps please

·
Registered
24 Posts
I wonder if you could use a 15-19 ecu with the 2020 engine...
You cannot. I have aa 2016 and 2020...

but even if you could you would lose all the electronic advancements like abs modes, ebm modes the advanced traction control. plus timings are different due to euro5. and the 2020 doesn't have throttle cables.... so... not gonna go vroom..

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have PC V and SFM so I can control all injectors. I had custom tune on Dyno he adjusted upper and lower however until we are able to unlock ECU I can’t manage Start up, the first 20% of throttle input. Most important top end restrictions so have no idea how much power bike can make? I went with PC V because I wanted 2 MAPS that I’ll use so have switch. Bike runs great but has ton more in it according to tuner as fuel gets shut off at High a RPM by ECU. So as soon as I can will unlock ECU and it goes back to get complete tunes on pump gas and 105 Unleaded Race fuel. Been long wait

·
Gian11
1,610 Posts
my question was more of.. if I wanted to upgrade to the 2020 engine in my 15-19. So using my harness and ecu.

You cannot. I have aa 2016 and 2020...

but even if you could you would lose all the electronic advancements like abs modes, ebm modes the advanced traction control. plus timings are different due to euro5. and the 2020 doesn't have throttle cables.... so... not gonna go vroom..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not sure, my assumption would be no only because of the few changes made in the engine for euro5.. but if a flashed ecu has the option to change all the timing parameters then... 🤙 Assuming there are no new "systems" that only the 2020 ecu controls.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The injectors and cam position sensors are different part numbers; ignition coils are the same. Assuming that you can get the different parts to wire up and communicate without too much issue, I don't see why there would be an issue with making adjustments within the ECU itself. You could change the settings within the previous generation ECU to map properly to the hardware connected to it to run the engine (assuming you're only dropping an engine in without any other updated parts). Only thing I foresee that might pose difficulty and warrant you contacting FTECU to see if they'll allow you access to certain functions is if you run into different teeth count on the cams.

·
Crash OverRide
1,345 Posts
The thread 2020 ECU unlocked sounds promising

·
Registered
426 Posts
Nothing on FT ECU site yet regarding flashing the 2020 R1 or R1M. Surely, they'll be quick to get that info on their site when it's possible.

·
Registered
2020 yzfr1 Raven
8 Posts
Who has the reflash for the 2020 R1? Wanting to buy a new exhaust system but been waiting till I can send off the computer before I do so.
Hey I am in the same boat but unfortunately I couldn't wait. I know many people say twobrothers are dumb, gay, shitty etc, but I like the way it looks and its mofuckin loud and weighs about 1/10 of the stock cat and slip on. Overall I could not be happier I love the way the cp4 sounds and now I can easily hear it on the other side of town! Anyway I would say get the exhaust wait for the flash, they are gonna have to do something special with the euro5 bullshit. Thank god that tree hugger potus could only ruin shit for eight years and the new guy although infected put an end to the scare tactic global warming no emission laws cuz it would be even worse. How much carbon can a almost 20g 1000cc motorcycle put out right?

For anybody wondering the stock cat and slip on weighs in at very close to 20lbs, or 9 kilos. So with the weight saving and the noise improvement its a win win situation!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thats a good looking exhaust not sure who talks shit about two brothers exhaust. I have a full AR on order that i have been waiting for 2 months go - I guess it doesnt make a difference since there is no ECU flash for the 2020 anways.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cat Delete - Or Full exhaust?
What are most of you doing, FULL systems, or CAT DELETE systems?

My bike will stay street legal, but for sure it's going to do some track days, and I want to know the engine is running, but not from a mile away.

it seems like that front pipe is pretty wide open already and not sure if the pipe per cylinder length is optimal, (my first R1 experiance) and I have seem many not do the full system.

·
Crash OverRide
1,345 Posts
Just go with a full system.

Reactions: spend2much

·
Registered
24 Posts
The power difference between a cat delete and a full system as long as you get something decent and name brand is going to be 3 horsepower Max. And that's probably only with a custom tune on something higher than 93 octane. or mr12...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Btw the flash is done!! or the ecu is finally cracked. Atleast if the guy who posted on Facebook r1 owners forum is telling the truth. Here is a screenshot from the channel on Facebook

No use to change the header, I don't even think it's going to be a 3hp difference. And even if you get 3hp, with what price +1000$ for 3hp..

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Btw the flash is done!! or the ecu is finally cracked. Atleast if the guy who posted on Facebook r1 owners forum is telling the truth. Here is a screenshot from the channel on Facebook

No use to change the header, I don't even think it's going to be a 3hp difference. And even if you get 3hp, with what price +1000$ for 3hp..
I was told by HSBK Racing that 2020 R1 is unlocked as well. I had my shop remove Power Commander and Secondary Fuel Module that I had Custom tuned . I had 2 Maps with Switch. My R1 that I have almost as much into as I paid for it New the biggest disappointment was PCV and Tune. It was throwing codes did not have much if anything good. I look forward to Bauce Racing or FTECU or HSBK although he is racing not available. Dynojet said it can’t throw codes! That’s lie. 5 R1 sold at my shop in CT had same issue I did. I just sold all of it and I’m happy recovering $350 it was lesson learned in building performance bikes. To get the high performance many of us want especially More Power, torque with Exhaust systems go with Unlock and Flash. It’s not even close.

181 - 200 of 206 Posts