Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

201 - 206 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 1015834
[/QUOTE]
Hey I am in the same boat but unfortunately I couldn't wait. I know many people say twobrothers are dumb, gay, shitty etc, but I like the way it looks and its mofuckin loud and weighs about 1/10 of the stock cat and slip on. Overall I could not be happier I love the way the cp4 sounds and now I can easily hear it on the other side of town! Anyway I would say get the exhaust wait for the flash, they are gonna have to do something special with the euro5 bullshit. Thank god that tree hugger potus could only ruin shit for eight years and the new guy although infected put an end to the scare tactic global warming no emission laws cuz it would be even worse. How much carbon can a almost 20g 1000cc motorcycle put out right?

For anybody wondering the stock cat and slip on weighs in at very close to 20lbs, or 9 kilos. So with the weight saving and the noise improvement its a win win situation! View attachment 1015834
Nice exhaust ...I was wondering when you added the exhaust ...did you lose power on the begining when you throttle or its the same feeling when your had the original exhaust when you throttle

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've installed Rapid Bike Evo and tuned it on my 2020 R1M, if you have any doubts I have two videos about it (with english subs).

About if its need or not, with the stock ECU the highest lambda reading we got was 0.92, just like previous years R1, It's lean, but nothing too dangerous (we consider dangerous over 1.05), not sure why people is getting crazy about this bike, Its not going to break if you install a de-cat without tunning, just the same as before.

PS: Please keep in mind that at "JBD competicion" they have a presurized dyno room designed to build race motorcycles, capable of generating positive pressure in the airbox just like RAM air does, also the dyno is ISO1585 compliant, if you are american, you probably use unpressurized dynos from dynojet, so expect different numbers.

The chart before/after
:

·
Crash OverRide
1,345 Posts
They do have it leaned out alot though. I’m curious if they have trouble with the others systems like the bike flagging a check engine or something like that

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah, a 2018 model with same mods and flash got 192 hp on the same dyno, so looks like the changes in the engine in 2020 are noticeable
I have noticed on the strait at NCBIKE and NJMP Thunderbolt my 2020 r1 (stock) pulls past s1000rr's and ZX10r's all day. My 2016 r1 (with flash) seems to struggle holding those same bikes off on the strait.

201 - 206 of 206 Posts