Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

261 - 280 of 322 Posts

·
Venom X/O
24,688 Posts
to be honest I was just trying to be modest. I'm an undiscovered MotoGP legend in waiting and I push the OEM bike so far past it's limits......oh wait then I woke up lol

I get that 100%. again I admit I jumped the gun last year being an early adaptor and assumed a flash would be quick so spent money early. like I said if I were buying today I'd still buy the bike but would have gone a completely different (and very cheaper lol) route in regards to the aftermarket stuff. Coulda woulda shoulda but didn't, so I dug myself a very expensive hole and at several points I had to turn back I went deeper in stead.

For me the writing has long been on the wall even before the news of the R6 being discontinued hit. All these electronics making their way onto bikes means more restrictions not only because of the ease to which the companies can do them but also legislation. I mean ok euro 5 but I don't see what ABS has to do with emissions, but it's in there. I see all the new bikes and they have all these gadgets that I have no interest in which means going forward no more new bikes for me. I got my 2016 R6 when I did because I had a feeling the next year Yamaha would add the electronics which they did. And that was going to be my last new bike but then the redesign of the 2020 aesthetics made me want that bike despite the electronics.

but anyway again it may not be the preferred way to do it but at least right now there are at the least 3 piggyback FI units available for the 2020. Yeah it sucks but you have to think Yamaha locked it for a reason don't be shocked when you see others follow. Corvette owners are finding this out as well, so that's where it's all headed
Cars computers seem to be much more sophisticated to flash vs motorcycles, but they still crack them. It’ll happen, it’s just a matter of time

·
Registered
280 Posts
so the 2020 + s1000rr Ecu is a game changer, it has full time closed loop logic/software. BMW‘s come from the factory obviously with wide band O2 sensors. Once you flash tune the Ecu your set regardless of temperature, baro pressure and altitude. And the Ecu is adapting to the fuel your using ie; pump,race,ethanol.....
impressive 👏

·
Astronomer not Astrologer
10,752 Posts
It will adjust afr.... but pump vs. Race fuel won't make a difference because the reason to run race fuel, is to run more timing... timing is where you make the power.

·
Registered
280 Posts
It will adjust afr.... but pump vs. Race fuel won't make a difference because the reason to run race fuel, is to run more timing... timing is where you make the power.
And the ECU will retard or advance the timing

·
10,752 Posts
It has a knock sensor? And a flex fuel sensor?

Usually bikes don't include those two...

·
10,752 Posts
Cool

·
Registered
59 Posts
Santa says no 20 r1 ecu flash.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Bump. Does anyone have any news on a flash for the 2020 r1? I contacted woolich and they actually said the 2020 r1 is not a priority for them right now. I thought that was not nice ! Disappointing for sure. Not sure if ftecu has made any progress.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a solution, pricey thou but compared to other upgrades not so much.

My friend is SBS bmw teams mechanic. He will do now r1/r1m 2020-> 3 bikes now and tune them(wire harness+race ecu). I have suggested to him to start selling package ~3000e which has everything plus tune.

He will make the bikes roadworthy, so that signals etc works, ofc he can make yours only track, but the whole idea is the make the race setup roadworthy!

If someone is interested iam happy to refer you to him. He has his team in England, but has his shop in Spain, Elche.

My suggestion is that he would make a package with everything, plus a different package with just tune for race ecu. He is the one of the best in business.

·
Registered
25 Posts
He does work with woolich and said they are working hard on the new m1000rr. They havent said a word when r1 2020 flash is finished :(

·
Registered
59 Posts
It's starting to look like a flash for the 2020 R1 simply won't be possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
As for Woolich or any one else, at this point it's a bit understandable if the latest gen R1 isn't a priority. All about costs

I have a solution, pricey thou but compared to other upgrades not so much.

My friend is SBS bmw teams mechanic. He will do now r1/r1m 2020-> 3 bikes now and tune them(wire harness+race ecu). I have suggested to him to start selling package ~3000e which has everything plus tune.

He will make the bikes roadworthy, so that signals etc works, ofc he can make yours only track, but the whole idea is the make the race setup roadworthy!

If someone is interested iam happy to refer you to him. He has his team in England, but has his shop in Spain, Elche.

My suggestion is that he would make a package with everything, plus a different package with just tune for race ecu. He is the one of the best in business.
I shouldn't say anything because this doesn't apply to me, but I don't understand this at all. Unless the harness itself is modified how is it made "streetable"? Does he flash it so the functionality of it in general changes? There are no lights in the kit, no signals, fans, etc.......... In addition the ignition/main switch. That's physical stuff no software, so curious how someone would make the kit/ecu harness "roadworthy" Just curious. I don't know it just seems like lot of effort to do for gains that you'll probably rarely use on the road. If I weren't a track only rider I would have probably just left mine alone with just a slip-on or gotten a piggy back unit if I wanted to get rid of the cat. Not trying to start drama, just curious about the package

·
Registered
123 Posts
It's starting to look like a flash for the 2020 R1 simply won't be possible.

Well it's kind of old news. I found out last January that was the case. It's just been hope that one of the companies would be able to crack it. So at this point really you have a couple of options
1: Leave the bike stock and get a slip-on
2: Decat and don't tune and see what happens
3: Piggyback unit option
4: kit ecu

·
Registered
25 Posts
As for Woolich or any one else, at this point it's a bit understandable if the latest gen R1 isn't a priority. All about costs

I shouldn't say anything because this doesn't apply to me, but I don't understand this at all. Unless the harness itself is modified how is it made "streetable"? Does he flash it so the functionality of it in general changes? There are no lights in the kit, no signals, fans, etc.......... In addition the ignition/main switch. That's physical stuff no software, so curious how someone would make the kit/ecu harness "roadworthy" Just curious. I don't know it just seems like lot of effort to do for gains that you'll probably rarely use on the road. If I weren't a track only rider I would have probably just left mine alone with just a slip-on or gotten a piggy back unit if I wanted to get rid of the cat. Not trying to start drama, just curious about the package

Ofc your curious, so iam I. Been waiting for this for too long..

Just talked to him and he said he will try to make the race ecu work with the stock wire harness. Let's see, his an engineer also, so if he says he will or can do it.. iam sure it will happen 👌

·
Registered
2020 yzfr1 Raven
15 Posts
I have wired that open and just left the cable motor connected. Yes, just cruising along it hiccups here and there and gurgles taking off at a light. But it’s better open than closed .

My 2020 has been running like a dream I swapped the entire system and no lean runs infact the damn ticking some people mistake as lean knock actually all but went away. Some call it the Yamaha tick. I have 6000 miles riding "spirited" and no problem what so ever no lights nothing. Save your self the 20lbs get rid of the stupid looking euro 5 motobike colostomy cat bag and get a pipe. I got the two bros system. I know its not the yosh but its loud really loud. There is a vid on yt that show the bike back to back with all the pipes available shows them and they start it up for all its a good vid to watch if you have not made your mind up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sure cuz train drivers always tell the truth!
And what are you on about? He is a BSB BMW mechanic with a engineer degree. You are just plain stupid?

You don't just know what you are talking about, you think your bike runs well.. yes it's running really good with no tune and straight pipe 🤦‍♀️😂😂

Are you a train driver, it's sure as hell sounds like you are full of shit?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Running like a dream 😂😂 you for sure haven't owned many bikes in your life?

Just wait my train driver is doing the race ecu with my r1 with my oem wiring , i can already tell you that mine is going to make 30-40hp more than your over 11k rpm and is not going to blow up like yours will..

261 - 280 of 322 Posts