Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

361 - 380 of 427 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
So does this require the bike to physically be in the shop?
I would be putting mine into the shop for the dyno tuning, but will do the installation myself.. The installation looks simple enough even with having to faff around with the lower injector connectors..

I sent an email to Bazzaz about the map data base they had on their website and how they manage the closed loop portion on the bike - Answer below.

"The kit includes O2 eliminators that put it in open look 100% of the time. The map you are looking at is from the 1st generation where we ran only the upper injectors. The current kits run all 8 injectors and allow tuning throughout. I’ll let them know about the fuel map database."

·
Registered
36 Posts
In my case, yes. He’s going to dyno tune it but, that’s if it can actually be done now. He stated that two other tuning shops have done it. 🤷‍♂️ That’s all he’s gotta say to get me to drop my bike off! Haha We’ll see but that’s the first I’ve heard from a reliable source so I hope it comes to fruition. I checked FTECU and Woolich website and they don’t show anything new.

so you are basically throwing a power commander on and getting it dyno? Good luck hope it works out

·
Registered
5 Posts
so you are basically throwing a power commander on and getting it dyno? Good luck hope it works out
Well if you mean a piggy back system.. you are spot on.. Same as a power commander.. then not really.. I think the power commander is two separate units to control all injectors (someone please correct me) whilst the bazzaz is a single unit.. I have used Bazzaz systems on a few of my bikes and they have always been a good and reliable product that have always delivered on what they promise to provide access to auto tune or dyno tune the fueling to your requirements.

I am sure I will once again be satisfied with the solution..

Cheers..

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,453 Posts
Well, I dont't own a 20+ but have been enjoying the reads of an ecu break, piggy systems, re-harness with an older ecu and the newest I hurd was re-pinning the harness into a 19 ecu.

Hoping a genuine stock ecu flash will come for you guys. Not a frankenstein set up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
As soon as I do something like that. I’m chasing a new problem consistently. I should probably just leave it alone

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hoping these updates are true and that the 20-21 ecu may be flashed soon. I am about to buy an older R1 or a GSXR if the 20-21 is not sorted out soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't know exactly. He says he need to do it on the dyno. There is no need for PCV or Rapidbike module. He gonna optimize the original ECU. I heard he has also done a lot of Yart racing R1's in the past.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't know exactly. He says he need to do it on the dyno. There is no need for PCV or Rapidbike module. He gonna optimize the original ECU. I heard he has also done a lot of Yart racing R1's in the past.
When are you getting the bike back? And how much did it cost? Iam thinking of doing the same

361 - 380 of 427 Posts