Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

381 - 400 of 427 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I would be putting mine into the shop for the dyno tuning, but will do the installation myself.. The installation looks simple enough even with having to faff around with the lower injector connectors..

I sent an email to Bazzaz about the map data base they had on their website and how they manage the closed loop portion on the bike - Answer below.

"The kit includes O2 eliminators that put it in open look 100% of the time. The map you are looking at is from the 1st generation where we ran only the upper injectors. The current kits run all 8 injectors and allow tuning throughout. I’ll let them know about the fuel map database."
If you are going with Power commander and dyno it’s most likely not going to do what you want! I did PC V and Secondary fuel Mod with switch to have 2 maps and then had it tuned on dyno. Unless you can unlock ECU it is waste

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you are going with Power commander and dyno it’s most likely not going to do what you want! I did PC V and Secondary fuel Mod with switch to have 2 maps and then had it tuned on dyno. Unless you can unlock ECU it is waste
What do you mean? Iam just about buying bazzaz and building a map for it at dyno? Is the throttle shit or why was it not worth it untill the flash is available?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I’ve never had a pro tune done before, I always had a ecu flash and kinda left it alone. So on my 2020 I can get a pro tune without a pcv and a ecu flash? Or is that still an issue?

·
Venom X/O
25,012 Posts
What do you mean? Iam just about buying bazzaz and building a map for it at dyno? Is the throttle shit or why was it not worth it untill the flash is available?
You can’t remove the ecu restrictions or adjust timing/throttle/etc. those all you can do is add or subtract fuel

·
Registered
39 Posts
You can’t remove the ecu restrictions or adjust timing/throttle/etc. those all you can do is add or subtract fuel

Yes but my bike is eu model, so it's +185rwhp with pipe even without fueling done. So would think it would be nearly 190rwhp with fueling correct.

But is the throttle smooth? That's the only thing I would really want right now with correct fueling, the rest can come later.

·
Venom X/O
25,012 Posts
Yes but my bike is eu model, so it's +185rwhp with pipe even without fueling done. So would think it would be nearly 190rwhp with fueling correct.

But is the throttle smooth? That's the only thing I would really want right now with correct fueling, the rest can come later.
Part of the benefit is adjusting throttle and timing, fans, redline, quickshift times, etc. all that is lost with a piggyback

·
Registered
39 Posts

What was the problem with it? Or only thing I really need right now is the fueling sorted for 3/4 and smooth transitions at the track and street ofc

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,453 Posts
Post something.

Did brent tuning crack the ecu?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Post something.

Did brent tuning crack the ecu?

Just checked their website. Says coming soon. So maybe?

What was the problem with it? Or only thing I really need right now is the fueling sorted for 3/4 and smooth transitions at the track and street ofc
Smooth transitions at the track and street will most likely require you to fix/adjust the throttle maps which can't be done with a PCV. You might be able to get away with it with an aftermarket throttle though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just checked their website. Says coming soon. So maybe?

Smooth transitions at the track and street will most likely require you to fix/adjust the throttle maps which can't be done with a PCV. You might be able to get away with it with an aftermarket throttle though.

Yes that's what iam afraid will happen, I saw the oem throttle openings and they are all over the place.. Sadly so, it will most likely just be a waste of money and time, but atleast waiting for brentune flash will go faster 😅

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,453 Posts
I guess bt cracked the cbr rrrrrrrr ecu...

·
Registered
28 Posts
For what it's worth, over here across the pond i spent Friday chatting to some friends, one of which works for woolich, apparently while trying to break into the new Fireblade, they stumbled across the way that will get them into the 2020 + R1s.
From what I gather it's been an absolute ball ache trying to get into it over the last year, encryption woes etc.

Hopefully that all ends now.

I'd not bother with PCV, if you're gonna do it, do it properly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Jesus how long has it been in the shop?
4 weeks now, the problem is that the Garage was full of bikes when i brought mine, so those have to be done first befor he touch my bike. And it was still winter, cold and snowy. Weather is getting better right now... however i agree that 4 weeks is still too long. Otto Leirer works alone, always busy, always lot to do, and he isnt the youngest anymore :) but i believe he is one of the best if it comes to ECU flashing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well, I dont't own a 20+ but have been enjoying the reads of an ecu break, piggy systems, re-harness with an older ecu and the newest I hurd was re-pinning the harness into a 19 ecu.

Hoping a genuine stock ecu flash will come for you guys. Not a frankenstein set up.

I was thinking about this, is there a way to buy an old ECU from lets say a 2019 model. I assume it wouldn't be easy, probably need new harness ect. Is it as simple as buying parts?

381 - 400 of 427 Posts