Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

401 - 420 of 427 Posts

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,453 Posts
I was thinking about this, is there a way to buy an old ECU from lets say a 2019 model. I assume it wouldn't be easy, probably need new harness ect. Is it as simple as buying parts?
You would need the parts but the electrical know how is where I tap out. I am sure real men genious like @Gearheaded who created the lite taco salad could do it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Venom X/O
25,012 Posts
You would need the parts but the electrical know how is where I tap out. I am sure real men genious like @Gearheaded who created the lite taco salad could do it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
No joke I am getting real acquainted with the electrical on this bike. Apparently letting it sit too much is bad mojo for the electronics, the fuel, oil, everything. It’s like the bike just wants to be ridden all the time 24/7/365

just like your mom

·
Venom X/O
25,012 Posts
In all seriousness tho, it’s not worth the swap and new ecu. I’d soon just rock the factory 2020-2021 stuff and wait for the flash to come out. Seeing the other thread and the potential for a crack at the ecu since they just cracked the CBR, it’s exciting

·
Registered
17 Posts
In all seriousness tho, it’s not worth the swap and new ecu. I’d soon just rock the factory 2020-2021 stuff and wait for the flash to come out. Seeing the other thread and the potential for a crack at the ecu since they just cracked the CBR, it’s exciting
🍻

·
Registered
54 Posts
No joke I am getting real acquainted with the electrical on this bike. Apparently letting it sit too much is bad mojo for the electronics, the fuel, oil, everything. It’s like the bike just wants to be ridden all the time 24/7/365

just like your mom
You guys are f%#^*%!% Hilarious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recently purchased the 2020, i have an AR GPR2 exhaust on order and i would like to flash it when it’s installed. I cant find any products on the market for the 2020. Anyone have any suggestions?
Not sure if this helps. I have a 2020 R1. I installed a full Akro and i installed a Rapid bike tuner. I ran it at Willow Springs race way this past weekend 4/3/21 and it felt amazing and sounds amazing. I'd say a Rapid Bike tuner works until the ECU Flash comes out. Not sure if my experience would be the same on the street. Rapid bike only kicks in over 40% throttle and over 6,000 rpm but for me the bike ran great.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Can anyone verify this page that offers to flash the 2020 ecu?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Given the complete lack of info regarding the company and any sort of detail to their back ground, tools/systems used...... I wouldn't trust them especially if I had to send something in. I think they may be local and recall someone mentioning them to me. But was turned off by their webpage. You don't have to be Google, Apple or Amazon, but you can at least provide some detail. That's just me. and to be clear I've never used their services so not trying to bash them cause I don't know and they may actually be legit. but based on that page I wouldn't trust my bike with them

·
Registered
36 Posts
Given the complete lack of info regarding the company and any sort of detail to their back ground, tools/systems used...... I wouldn't trust them especially if I had to send something in. I think they may be local and recall someone mentioning them to me. But was turned off by their webpage. You don't have to be Google, Apple or Amazon, but you can at least provide some detail. That's just me. and to be clear I've never used their services so not trying to bash them cause I don't know and they may actually be legit. but based on that page I wouldn't trust my bike with them
You can pretty much guarantee it won’t work as the 2020 and up is not the same as the earlier models listed. I can’t see how it would work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Astronomer not Astrologer
10,779 Posts
"SERVICES AVAILABLE ON MOST MODELS" aka not your 2020+......and they only offer mail in service for "YAMAHA 2007-2014 R1".....seems odd....

·
Registered
9 Posts
I
Not sure if this helps. I have a 2020 R1. I installed a full Akro and i installed a Rapid bike tuner. I ran it at Willow Springs race way this past weekend 4/3/21 and it felt amazing and sounds amazing. I'd say a Rapid Bike tuner works until the ECU Flash comes out. Not sure if my experience would be the same on the street. Rapid bike only kicks in over 40% throttle and over 6,000 rpm but for me the bike ran great.
It is helpful to know that but most people have said me to wait for ECU flash... I said to the motorbike mechanics I use, can I just throw a Power Commander on until the ECU flash is out and they told me to wait... that was 6+ months ago! This is getting bloody annoying...

Does anyone know if the lamada sensor disconnection error on the dash can be cleared without the flash?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I

It is helpful to know that but most people have said me to wait for ECU flash... I said to the motorbike mechanics I use, can I just throw a Power Commander on until the ECU flash is out and they told me to wait... that was 6+ months ago! This is getting bloody annoying...

Does anyone know if the lamada sensor disconnection error on the dash can be cleared without the flash?
Not really

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bad News.... After 6 weeks of waiting, i went to Otto Leirer today and took my bike away. I know that he have done some other bikes, even some which was brought later to him, while my bike was still standing there, no answer when it will be finish or done. Whatever was the Problem, why he did not make my bike, i dont know, because he dont talk. However it seems he have done nothing. I dont have Time to wait any longer.... so no happy end :/

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bad News.... After 6 weeks of waiting, i went to Otto Leirer today and took my bike away. I know that he have done some other bikes, even some which was brought later to him, while my bike was still standing there, no answer when it will be finish or done. Whatever was the Problem, why he did not make my bike, i dont know, because he dont talk. However it seems he have done nothing. I dont have Time to wait any longer.... so no happy end :/
In total honesty theres nothing he could have done to flash your bike, he played you :/

·
Registered
11 Posts
In total honesty theres nothing he could have done to flash your bike, he played you :/
Yea seems so, but then why he say on Facebook that he can do it? It doesnt make sense... i think i go with the Rapidbike Evo Modul.... i found this.... let me copy/paste it here but its only in german.... read the very last part.

ACHTUNG - MONO/reduzierter Modus
Derzeit wird bei diesem Fahrzeug lediglich ein Kabelkit zum Anschluss an die 4 oberen Einspritzdüsen geliefert. D.h. die unteren Einspritzdüsen werden mit dem Dimsport Standardkabelkit NICHT versorgt, deswegen ist die Motorbremse in dieser Version nicht einstellbar.

Da die von Dimsport gelieferten 2 Standardmaps an einem fehlerhaften Fahrzeug erstellt wurden, sind diese nicht brauchbar.
Wir haben jedoch hierfür 2 Basemaps (Serienauspuff oder Akrapovic mit Katersatzrohr) erstellt.

Bitte teilen Sie uns mit, welches Map Sie programmiert haben möchten, Serie oder mit Akra. Wir liefern das RB EVO inklusive unserer speziellen Firmware und einem Basismapping. Für eine 2. Map berechnen wir zzgl. 59,00 €.

ACHTUNG - DUO/erweiterter Modus
Hier wurde von uns ein extra Kabelkit inkl. Adapter für alle 8 Einspritzdüsen konfektioniert.
Für weitere Informationen klicken Sie auf diesen Link: DUO inkl. Einbau und Map

Google translate:

ATTENTION - MONO / reduced mode
This is helped in this vehicle causing a cable kit to connect to the 4 directives injectors. This means that the individual injection nozzles are NOT removed with the Dimsport standard cable kit, so the engine brake is not adjustable in this version.

Since Dimsport received the 2 standard cards and a faulty vehicle, they cannot be used.
We don't have one for 2 basic exhausts or Akrapovic with cat replacement pipe.

Please tell us what map you have programmed, series or with Akra. We give the RB EVO including our special firmware and a basic mapping. For a second card we increase plus € 59.00.

ATTENTION - DUO / Extended mode
Here an extra cable kit including adapter for all 8 injection nozzles was assembled by us.
For more information, click on this link: DUO incl. Installation and map

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yea seems so, but then why he say on Facebook that he can do it? It doesnt make sense... i think i go with the Rapidbike Evo Modul.... i found this.... let me copy/paste it here but its only in german.... read the very last part.

Derzeit wird bei diesem Fahrzeug lediglich ein Kabelkit zum Anschluss an die 4 oberen Einspritzdüsen geliefert. D.h. die unteren Einspritzdüsen werden mit dem Dimsport Standardkabelkit NICHT versorgt, deswegen ist die Motorbremse in dieser Version nicht einstellbar.

Da die von Dimsport gelieferten 2 Standardmaps an einem fehlerhaften Fahrzeug erstellt wurden, sind diese nicht brauchbar.
Wir haben jedoch hierfür 2 Basemaps (Serienauspuff oder Akrapovic mit Katersatzrohr) erstellt.

Bitte teilen Sie uns mit, welches Map Sie programmiert haben möchten, Serie oder mit Akra. Wir liefern das RB EVO inklusive unserer speziellen Firmware und einem Basismapping. Für eine 2. Map berechnen wir zzgl. 59,00 €.

Hier wurde von uns ein extra Kabelkit inkl. Adapter für alle 8 Einspritzdüsen konfektioniert.

Google translate:

This is helped in this vehicle causing a cable kit to connect to the 4 directives injectors. This means that the individual injection nozzles are NOT removed with the Dimsport standard cable kit, so the engine brake is not adjustable in this version.

Since Dimsport received the 2 standard cards and a faulty vehicle, they cannot be used.

Please tell us what map you have programmed, series or with Akra. We give the RB EVO including our special firmware and a basic mapping. For a second card we increase plus € 59.00.

Here an extra cable kit including adapter for all 8 injection nozzles was assembled by us.
You can with the auto tuner
I myself have the bazzaz and it was put on the dyno to adjust the air to fuel ratio
Before I had that installed I just had a cat delete, bike ran terrible, but after the bazzaz it runs way better because it’s not running super lean anymore
So yes you can do that for now. Obviously the restrictions are still gonna be there but better than running lean and having the bike run like shit. Hopefully brentune releases something, supposedly in 3 weeks he’ll have something but no reason to keep our hopes up just yet.

·
Registered
43 Posts

Google translate:

Hope some nice guy does video on the installation

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can someone give me some good news.... got a trackday next month and would like to take my R1.... but dont want to run it without getting it remapped.

401 - 420 of 427 Posts