Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
521 - 540 of 883 Posts

·
Venom X/O
25,389 Posts
Obviosly you are definitely not an engineer. Nick Marino, Bauce Racing and a couple of other respectable tuners gave the green light before I installed the graves full titanium exhaust and said the bike would be fine with stock timing. That was 3000 miles ago and just so you know and everyone else who are about to call their mommies, it even runs a bit better on top compared with the stock exhaust. Let me correct you, I didn’t delete the oxygen sensor, the graves full titanium exhaust doesn’t come with oxygen sensors bungs as it only comes with 1 bung to read a wideband sensor. In order so it doesn’t show a check engine light for not getting live data from the oxygen sensors, electrical connectors delete plugs were installed to get everything out of the way. It’s not running a perfect air fuel ratio but the stock R1 isn’t either. Regarding the hatred I perceive from your part regarding the Ohlins suspension, and the wheels from my other R1, I’m just going to leave the list of parts installed on the bike at the moment so you can entertain yourself reading a bit.

Graves Full Titanium Exhaust.
Öhlins TTX GP Shock 100 spring.
Öhlins FGK Cartridge 9.75 spring.
EBC Vee Discs.
Worldwide Ceramic Bearings.
Vortex Rearsets
Brembo Master & reservoir.
Yamaha seat cowl.
Lightech Chain Adjuster.
GB Racing engine covers.
ABS delete plus plug
520 Chain & Superlite Sprocket.
Yamaha Genuine Frame Sliders.
Carbón Fiber Fender.
Fren Tubo ABS delete lines.
Brembo Clutch lever.
Vortex clip ons.
Vesrah Brake Pads.
Driven Lever Guard.
Evotech mirror block offs.
MWR air filter.
Accossato Racing Fuel Cap.
Lithium Feather Weight Battery.
Yamaha stand hook ups.
Lighttech axle sliders.
Blue Rear brake reservoir
R&G Racing Tank grips.
Titanium sprocket nuts
Evap system block offs.
Domino Grips.
Air valve Bikemaster 90 degree

Learn to just see, listen and admire. There’s a reason why these guys tune bikes and do what they do. Average Joes sometimes simply know how to give misleading personal opinions and criticize based on their perceptions.
View attachment 1019087
While nice, I wouldn’t call that “full potential”

·
Registered
11 Posts
While nice, I wouldn’t call that “full potential”
I agree, in fact the sky is the limit as things continuously evolve. There’s a reason why there are engine builds making 200+ wheel horsepower. That being said I was referring to a stock motor with just bolt ons. Once you start doing head porting, cams, bigger bores, that’s another scenario which has nothing to do with a stock motor. And let’s face it, most of us can’t even get the full potential out of these torpedos at the track anyway even on stock form.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Even better now. Smoothed out the stack bump and gave it the biscuits.
🔥🔥🔥 You guys are getting closer and closer to the numbers people are getting with the GYTR ECU and racing harness. Some people are about to be kicking themselves in the head dropping $2800-$3000 to get 192 hp and a few months later the flash comes out making almost the same power 😆🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. I’ll be happy with 186-189hp🤞🏼

·
In soviet Russia, R1 ride you.
328 Posts
🔥🔥🔥 You guys are getting closer and closer to the numbers people are getting with the GYTR ECU and racing harness. Some people are about to be kicking themselves in the head dropping $2800-$3000 to get 192 hp and a few months later the flash comes out making almost the same power 😆🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. I’ll be happy with 186-189hp🤞🏼
Can’t really compare different dynos as they spit out different numbers. This is pretty much what the stock bike will make on our Dyno. Would be happy to give a free dyno to one of those race ecu bikes just to see what power and compare it to a bolted bike with our flash. Should be fun.

·
Venom X/O
25,389 Posts
I agree, in fact the ski is the limit as things continuously evolve. There’s a reason why there are engine builds making 200+ wheel horsepower. That being said I was referring to a stock motor with just bolt ons. Once you start doing head porting, cams, bigger bores, that’s another scenario which has nothing to do with a stock motor. And let’s face it, most of us can’t even get the full potential out of these torpedos at the track anyway even on stock form.
Understandable, but as the electronics advance it really is getting easier to get close to the limit. Even the bolt-ons and stock motor to “full potential” is still an interesting topic because you could always tune it for race gas. It’s all variable, but when someone says “full potential” I tend to hone in because there’s some bikes on this forum that truly are “full potential”

·
Registered
2020 yamaha r1
13 Posts
Hi guys stu in UK here are uk spec bikes make 192 hp standard on benchmark dyno that all uk motorcycle press test on same dyno puts 2020 cbr sp at 201 hp and 2019 bmw s 1000 rr 207 hp have noticed your usa bikes lot more restrictions than are euro bikes you have a air box dam type restrictions we don't I run decat exhaust and mwr air filter not been dyno test yet but others getting around 200 hp over in uk 😀 but we suffer jerk on off throttle and weak running below 7000 rpm

·
Registered
2020 yamaha r1
13 Posts
Looking forward
Hi guys stu in UK here are uk spec bikes make 192 hp standard on benchmark dyno that all uk motorcycle press test on same dyno puts 2020 cbr sp at 201 hp and 2019 bmw s 1000 rr 207 hp have noticed your usa bikes lot more restrictions than are euro bikes you have a air box dam type restrictions we don't I run decat exhaust and mwr air filter not been dyno test yet but others getting around 200 hp over in uk 😀 but we suffer jerk on off throttle and weak running below 7000 rpm

·
Registered
51 Posts
Curious to know - Did the 2020 ecu need the yamaha update, before it was "cracked"?

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

·
328 Posts
Curious to know - Did the 2020 ecu need the yamaha update, before it was "cracked"?

No, there is no update that exists like that and won’t be. No idea why that rumor was started.

·
Venom X/O
25,389 Posts
No, there is no update that exists like that and won’t be. No idea why that rumor was started.
So Nick Marino is wrong? Isn’t he pretty up there with tuning? It’s interesting that there’s nothing for over a year and then all the sudden multiple people are cracking it.
I am excited for what you guys get out of it

·
328 Posts
So Nick Marino is wrong? Isn’t he pretty up there with tuning? It’s interesting that there’s nothing for over a year and then all the sudden multiple people are cracking it.
I am excited for what you guys get out of it
I think he might have been mistaken when he posted that. Call him and ask him. We spoke with him already.

·
Registered
51 Posts
5 years from now when marginal revenues = marginal costs give a webinar on how it was done - I am interested.

·
Registered
181 Posts

Nah I have no regrets. My bike sat for almost 18 months waiting for a flash. If I had just bought it today obviously I wouldn't have gone the kit route knowing people are actually now making progress. too each his own. Was a struggle but learned a lot doing the kit so nope not a single regret at all

521 - 540 of 883 Posts