Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

541 - 560 of 638 Posts

·
my genius knows no bounds
476 Posts
OK but wheres that recall posted? Wonder if it's been around all this time, might explain people's bike randomly shutting off in the past

·
Registered
5 Posts
[
Nah I have no regrets. My bike sat for almost 18 months waiting for a flash. If I had just bought it today obviously I wouldn't have gone the kit route knowing people are actually now making progress. too each his own. Was a struggle but learned a lot doing the kit so nope not a single regret at all
I was just joking 🤣. It must be nice to have enjoy the bike with a proper tune at the track instead of waiting like most of us so far 😅. Today actually Yamaha organized a track day at New Jersey Motorsports Park to launch the new R7 on the north east coast and I did like 5 sessions on the R1 and even if it has plenty of power to have lots of fun with it, for some reason you are left wishing for that little last bit more.

·
Devils never cry
227 Posts
Damn, haven't been on this forum in like a year. So I take it nobody has been able to unlock the 2020+ models? That's the only thing keeping me from buying one.

·
Registered
175 Posts
anyway good to hear progress is being made, but until I see it actually in the hands of users I'm not going to believe it until I see it. Too many times over the past 18 months I've heard close, next week , next month. Yeah I have the kit and don't do much street riding but would be nice to be able to take the bike out for a R1 in between trackdays if the urge hit. So hoping it happens

·
Registered
'08 r1
1,027 Posts
Damn, haven't been on this forum in like a year. So I take it nobody has been able to unlock the 2020+ models? That's the only thing keeping me from buying one.
You're actually pretty close to on time. They should be flashing them soon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I saw on their insta they had one with an exhaust on the Dyno. So I assume they working as quick as they can, God bless their hearts.

·
In soviet Russia, R1 ride you.
303 Posts
Here’s our official poster. The tuning is now wrapped up and we are doing bikes in MA right now but closely monitoring different mod setups. We just did a 3/4 system and will have a couple full exhaust bikes in this week for tuning and dyno numbers.

I would say within a couple weeks we can start shipping this to our dealer network for tuning. I’m in SoCal so anyone down here I can take care of personally. We have over 30 dealers in the US right now and growing. Anyone with a shop can email us and become a dealer. We don’t have some crazy buy-in to do it.

·
476 Posts
im in san diego, where do i need to go? be there in 2sec.. i suppose i should decide on an exhaust first, but i guess thats the fairly easy part.

·
476 Posts
@retiredtk what city are you in? my bike is still in break-in period but i'm about to call yamaha about certain details of my extended warranty. depending on their answers i'll be seeing you in like, 5min

·
In soviet Russia, R1 ride you.
303 Posts
@retiredtk what city are you in? my bike is still in break-in period but i'm about to call yamaha about certain details of my extended warranty. depending on their answers i'll be seeing you in like, 5min
In Temecula

If I tow my bike to MA. Can you guys do it there on the spot?
You’re welcome to set an appointment and bring It in, sure.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha R1
15 Posts
Here’s our official poster. The tuning is now wrapped up and we are doing bikes in MA right now but closely monitoring different mod setups. We just did a 3/4 system and will have a couple full exhaust bikes in this week for tuning and dyno numbers.

I would say within a couple weeks we can start shipping this to our dealer network for tuning. I’m in SoCal so anyone down here I can take care of personally. We have over 30 dealers in the US right now and growing. Anyone with a shop can email us and become a dealer. We don’t have some crazy buy-in to do it.

View attachment 1019170
I am in Cleveland Ohio area, do you have any dealers here who can help or I have to bring the bike in MA?

541 - 560 of 638 Posts