Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

561 - 580 of 638 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
In soviet Russia, R1 ride you.
303 Posts
So do dealers have the capability to flash now or is it still in progress to get it out to all the dealers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
At the moment we’re still wrapping up testing with different exhaust setups in shop. That way when we do remote work, the fueling will be as close as possible with no revisions needed. As soon as that’s done it will go to participating dealers. Anyone with a shop is welcome to become a dealer BTW.

·
303 Posts
I don’t have a dealer near me. Are you offering mail in tunes or can we buy a tuner and do it ourselves?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If no dealer is close to you we will be offering cable that you can plug into your bike so we can remote in and flash your motorcycle. Needs to be a Windows based OS laptop or PC

·
Registered
1 Posts
At the moment we’re still wrapping up testing with different exhaust setups in shop. That way when we do remote work, the fueling will be as close as possible with no revisions needed. As soon as that’s done it will go to participating dealers. Anyone with a shop is welcome to become a dealer BTW.
This is great news! So I see that you have two dealers here in Houston, TX. Will you send an update here when the tune is available or should I check in with the dealers and ask? Is there a way to verify it was completed successfully by the dealer?

·
Registered
14 Posts
You’re welcome to set an appointment and bring It in, sure.
Had just called in, but new to this world as I've usually only paid 250-500 for an ecu. I believe the fee I was told was 1000$ and a week with the bike. Does this sound accurate or did I inquire to something else. Was a bit more than I assumed.

Alex

·
Venom X/O
25,256 Posts
Had just called in, but new to this world as I've usually only paid 250-500 for an ecu. I believe the fee I was told was 1000$ and a week with the bike. Does this sound accurate or did I inquire to something else. Was a bit more than I assumed.

Alex
You’ve gotta pay for their dyno time too tho. This isn’t just a mail in tune

·
Venom X/O
25,256 Posts
Im use to flashing cars, but isnt this ecu flash standardized to fit stock setup and a different file for “mods”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
He said he was bringing his bike in, which I would assume would be to dyno no? Otherwise you could just bring the ecu in

·
Registered
78 Posts
If this tune is like the s1000rr that brentuning did, you can just buy a tuner and do the flash yourself. Just like how you can flash a car by plugging the tuner in to the OBD port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
If no dealer is close to you we will be offering cable that you can plug into your bike so we can remote in and flash your motorcycle. Needs to be a Windows based OS laptop or PC
Troy,

I have a question that hasn't been addressed yet.

Are you guys able to disable the AIS (block off plates delete the solenoid) and Servo(exhaust and/or steering damper) check engine light codes? Or is this strictly fixing the throttle and fueling? On the 2020 if you have a CEL you're locked out of changing the settings on the dash unlike the BMW.

Need to know if I should buy a "servo buddy" so I can change: TC, EBM, SCS, WC etc
or
wait a bit longer for the flash to disable all that fluff.

Oh yeah any idea what the 3/4 Akra made on the dyno?

Cheers

·
Registered
48 Posts
Here’s our official poster. The tuning is now wrapped up and we are doing bikes in MA right now but closely monitoring different mod setups. We just did a 3/4 system and will have a couple full exhaust bikes in this week for tuning and dyno numbers.

I would say within a couple weeks we can start shipping this to our dealer network for tuning. I’m in SoCal so anyone down here I can take care of personally. We have over 30 dealers in the US right now and growing. Anyone with a shop can email us and become a dealer. We don’t have some crazy buy-in to do it.

View attachment 1019170
I live in Orange County. Are you still in SoCal?

·
303 Posts
Troy,

Are you guys able to disable the AIS (block off plates delete the solenoid) and Servo(exhaust and/or steering damper) check engine light codes? Or is this strictly fixing the throttle and fueling? On the 2020 if you have a CEL you're locked out of changing the settings on the dash unlike the BMW.

Need to know if I should buy a "servo buddy" so I can change: TC, EBM, SCS, WC etc
or

Cheers
Solved for race use, yes. Only thing we haven’t looked into yet is the steering damper. Will look into though.

Yes, the fee includes dyno verification for in-house tuning.

Yes, I’m in SoCal.

·
303 Posts
Troy,

or

Cheers
What’s the code? For the stabilizer. Trying to find it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well if this is true, Ill be stopping by wheels in motion for my new 2021.. Hope this is the real deal that we all have been waiting for.... Sorry if I sound skeptical😳

·
my genius knows no bounds
476 Posts
@retiredtk

steering stabilizer is fine, never had any problems on my 2020, or my 2015 R1, or my 2016 R1S. can't hurt to make it an option but the flash should NOT by default make changes to such a thing, IMO.

upshifts using the QS are fine 90% of the time, downshifts could use a little work but are.. acceptable. therefore if you reap any improvements with that, its a feather in your cap for sure, such a thing would definitely be solid value to your tuning product.

far more important is the overall engine tune, before we all throw our christmas list at you allow me a silly question. are you SURE you're done with the basics? we care about the engine/fueling and overall quality of life, no one wants to toast their shit just because we put an exhaust on it. throttle on/off response has always been a big thing with this bike, though its a little better now than the 2015-19 version.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What’s the code? For the stabilizer. Trying to find it.
My Ohlins damper came with a resistor, so I am personally not showing a code. Can not speak for the other manufacturers.

Sent you a screenshot on FB message too.

My 2020 manual is showing:

DTC: C1000 Steering damper solenoid open or short detected.
Start engine: able, Drive vehicle: able
Diagnostic code D47

·
Registered
9 Posts
@retiredtk

steering stabilizer is fine, never had any problems on my 2020, or my 2015 R1, or my 2016 R1S. can't hurt to make it an option but the flash should NOT by default make changes to such a thing, IMO.

upshifts using the QS are fine 90% of the time, downshifts could use a little work but are.. acceptable. therefore if you reap any improvements with that, its a feather in your cap for sure, such a thing would definitely be solid value to your tuning product.

far more important is the overall engine tune, before we all throw our christmas list at you allow me a silly question. are you SURE you're done with the basics? we care about the engine/fueling and overall quality of life, no one wants to toast their shit just because we put an exhaust on it. throttle on/off response has always been a big thing with this bike, though its a little better now than the 2015-19 version.
Anyone who races/tracks their bike is going to want to disable all the junk I mentioned.

The QS on this bike is terrible compared to other bikes. My 2016 S1000rr had a better QS/AB before and after tuning. The only QS/AB improvement I was able to make to the R1 was replacing the stock oil with Motul 300v.

561 - 580 of 638 Posts