Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
761 - 780 of 883 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
it probly feels so different because the fueling is stupid crazy lean in the first like one fourth of the rpm range, blame the feds for that. whaddaya know, give the engine the gas it needs/wants and everything is fine. ive been saying all along, the stock fueling is screwy.. hence the random shutoffs. meanwhile yamaha wasnt much help while mine was in the shop the other day. ill wait til its got about 1k miles on it then flash it.
Yes Im having the same problems with the lean pops at idle. I had to add 17% fuel thru the PC5 to bring down AFR from 17 to 13.2. I was told to remove PC5 completely instead of zeroing out the trim table and try that. if it still lean pops then they will have to add fuel at idle. everywhere else in the table from mid throttle to wot is perfect +/- 1 to 2% correction.
I had taken the PC5 off the bike last night and the bike has two small quiet pops on first startup then no more pops and sound good. with the PC5 on and zeroed out it would lean pop loudly cold and warmed up at idle. I cant take bike out for a ride cause of weather. But the startup fueling seems to be sorted out now. Thanks to BTMoto for taking on the yzf-r1 project

·
Vendor
26 Posts
Hey, guys. Made a new account and got a vendor status. Admins weren't too keen on letting us promote on here without it. We'll be posting from this account now.

·
Venom X/O
25,389 Posts
Hey, guys. Made a new account and got a vendor status. Admins weren't too keen on letting us promote on here without it. We'll be posting from this account now.
I wish you nothing but mountains of success for cracking the 2020+
Great job

·
Registered
2020 R1
20 Posts
Ok I took it out for a ride. I’m extremely impressed. Anyone on the fence, do it!!
If you have any issues BT will take care of you.
Now for the ride. The first thing I noticed was how much better it pulled from a stop. I always thought it lagged or hesitated a bit leaving from a dead stop. Smooth as can be now.
The QS and AB are tons better. I never thought the blipper was very good, but now it’s vastly improved. Not quite as good as my Aprilia was, but much closer than it was.
The power from bottom to top is vastly improved. It pulls hard now, like a 1000 should. Super smooth as well.
The midrange grunt is fantastic. 2nd gear power wheelies happen with barely a twist of the wrist, in pwr 1 or 2. I didn’t try 3 or 4.
Call me impressed.
Well done BrenTuning!
Was able to ride mine a few times and have the same things to say as above. Bike never really pulled that hard like my ZX10r but now under power it pulls hard and does not stop. Bike has a lot more usable power which makes it more enjoyable. I did get 2 pops out of the exhaust when I had the bike idling while testing the operation of the cooling fans but it has never happened again. I regretted buying the R1 over the S1000r because of the restrictions but I'm happy with the bike now. Its weird how just adding their flash added some helium to my front tire. Front tire always wants to start floating. :) Good job BTMoto. Wonder if there will be a stage 2?

·
Registered
4 Posts
It seems like the handheld devices for the flash tune adds quite a bit of cost to the product. Will there be a mail-in option at some point?

·
Vendor
26 Posts
It seems like the handheld devices for the flash tune adds quite a bit of cost to the product. Will there be a mail-in option at some point?
When you think about it in terms of full exhaust system being around $1500+ and no one really blinks an eye, rideability should be worth the $795 price tag.

No, we try to get away from that as much as possible. There's shipping issues, damage to ECU while shipping, and other variables that makes it more of a headache than it's worth. Much easier to send you something you can flash different files with, check trouble codes (if applicable), and ride your bike while you're waiting for the product to arrive.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Good to hear, but post several pics of your face, bike, house, and social security number so we know you're not retiredtk posting on a fake account xD
When you think about it in terms of full exhaust system being around $1500+ and no one really blinks an eye, rideability should be worth the $795 price tag.

No, we try to get away from that as much as possible. There's shipping issues, damage to ECU while shipping, and other variables that makes it more of a headache than it's worth. Much easier to send you something you can flash different files with, check trouble codes (if applicable), and ride your bike while you're waiting for the product to arrive.
don’t even worry about it they don’t have it in stock anyway.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I’m in Orange County so he’s 30 mins from me. I’ll pay to take it to him. I am so confused on what they offer.

·
Vendor
26 Posts
Looking to pull trigger but keep hearing we need to repin the ECU. Is that necessary? How does that not void warranty and do I get an actual stock original map as well? Thank you for your help and response in advance.
Feel free to email me for particulars about those questions.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Finally got to flash the bike!

Here's the final step loading the modified file onto the bike.

Haven't had a chance to ride it yet.

761 - 780 of 883 Posts