Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
781 - 800 of 883 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Got a chance to go on a short ride today. It was 95 and humid but wanted to test it out.

Very impressed so far.

Initial thoughts:

• No more latency in the throttle
  • Quickshifter/blipper feels drastically improved and more responsive (Motul 300v helped with this too)
  • Pulls hard to redline no more tapering off
  • Tons of torque

Can't wait to get this thing to the track now.

·
Registered
2020 R1M
39 Posts
BT Moto....after installing your tune, is there a way to put the stock tune back in at a later date? Also is there any issue swapping the ECU wires now while waiting for my flash tool to show up? No problems riding it in stock form with wires swapped?

·
Vendor
26 Posts
BT Moto....after installing your tune, is there a way to put the stock tune back in at a later date? Also is there any issue swapping the ECU wires now while waiting for my flash tool to show up? No problems riding it in stock form with wires swapped?
Yes, you can use the original file. PM for details

·
Registered
63 Posts
Can one of you with the flasher look and see what you ECU part number is showing in the device, for some reason my numbers do not match, the ECU part number is right on the ECU, because if you search it and look up on Yamaha parts it's a valid number.
The flasher says "BL3" but the part number should be "B3L"

thanks in advance

·
Registered
63 Posts
It is a typo just select the middle one like I did. Works no problem. My ECU is the same as yours.

Thanks!
For some reason this what I get? So I have the O2 sensors unplugged with no bypass because I started to change the exhaust, I did scan the codes and one set a code, so I plugged the one back in, luckily the easy one, no codes, then tried to flash again and same thing... I guess I'm lifting the tank and plugging in the other one. I don't know what else it could be?

·
Registered
63 Posts
SOLVED really nothing to solve, it was working just fine getting the needed file, I just wanted to report back and let you all know. now I am just waiting on the flash file and then my bike is going on the dyno to see how it does with A/F and power. Full Akra and block off plates.

·
Registered
10 Posts
SOLVED really nothing to solve, it was working just fine getting the needed file, I just wanted to report back and let you all know. now I am just waiting on the flash file and then my bike is going on the dyno to see how it does with A/F and power. Full Akra and block off plates.
That’s awesome. If I had the money, that would be my exhaust of choice.

·
Registered
2020 R1M
39 Posts
Hi guys....looking for some help. I have my Bren Flash tool now, swapped the 4 pins on my ECU and now the bike wont start, no fuel pump coming on. Swap the pins back to normal and all is good. Any ideas?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Either you didn't swap correctly or you didn't push them far in enough so there is inadequate contact.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi guys....looking for some help. I have my Bren Flash tool now, swapped the 4 pins on my ECU and now the bike wont start, no fuel pump coming on. Swap the pins back to normal and all is good. Any ideas?
You answered your own question. Why even try to turn on the bike if you are doing the cable swap without the actual flash downloaded on the bike to be able to work properly. Leave it stock and ride it until you receive the tune, otherwise just wait for the file and stop messing with it and then wonder why the bike doesn’t start.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Looking forward to hearing the dyno results. Running the same exhaust on my 2017. Curious on how much power these new engines make!

·
Twisty Roads for me!
882 Posts
I'm thinking about the same thing.. Is it worth upgrading from my 2015 R1

Looking forward to hearing the dyno results. Running the same exhaust on my 2017. Curious on how much power these new engines make!

Reactions: spend2much

·
Registered
63 Posts
I still have some of the body work off after installing the pipe and wanted to flash and run it today (Sat 7/17) but didn't get the flash in time,(still didn't flash it) so it may have to wait until this next Saturday Also I have been on the track a few times and have the GYTR R1M data tracker, so we will see how it does out of some corners and down the straits, some traction control, and things like that. I'm pretty fast so it should be interesting to see how that changes. Next track day is first of Aug. Meanwhile if someone else out there wants to show us some numbers, that would be nice too! :giggle:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got mine today! Need some help to determine do I keep the rapidbike I have installed?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Anyway BT moto can confirm if their tune with the rapid bike. Since some of us who can't wait bought rapid bike as a interim solution to the top end fueling problem. It would be nice not to waste 600 buck and still have auto tuning for 5k rpm and above.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyway BT moto can confirm if their tune with the rapid bike. Since some of us who can't wait bought rapid bike as a interim solution to the top end fueling problem. It would be nice not to waste 600 buck and still have auto tuning for 5k rpm and above.
Word I got is to zero the file out on the RB and we should be good. Now as a noob... What and how ?

·
Vendor
26 Posts
Word I got is to zero the file out on the RB and we should be good. Now as a noob... What and how ?

RB is fine to have on the bike. I would zero out the mapping before loading our flash. If small adjustments need to be made, you have it ready to go.

781 - 800 of 883 Posts