Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
801 - 820 of 883 Posts

·
Vendor
15 Posts
Yup just Verified and SOCAL SUPERBIKES IG: @SOCAL_SUPERBIKES on IG has offivially released the handhelds and their tune for it and say they have 5 units in stock. The price was 695 for mail service and 995 for dyno in house with Handheld.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yup just Verified and SOCAL SUPERBIKES IG: @SOCAL_SUPERBIKES on IG has offivially released the handhelds and their tune for it and say they have 5 units in stock. The price was 695 for mail service and 995 for dyno in house with Handheld.
They’re out of stock with the handhelds. $695 is a great price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
15 Posts
They’re out of stock with the handhelds. $695 is a great price!

No they are not they arent tied to Brentuning based on what they said. They just released today. Yes 695 is killer for a mail in. Doubt that price gonna stay tbat low...

·
Registered
83 Posts
No they are not they arent tied to Brentuning based on what they said. They just released today. Yes 695 is killer for a mail in. Doubt that price gonna stay tbat low...
Okay, sorry I thought I read something else. I assumed they partnered up with brentuning but you’re saying they cracked it themselves? I need more info before I purchase.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Not yet. I’m sure they’re swamped but I did send a follow up email.

I’m waiting too, and I just hope this tune really works good in my bike. I think both are overpriced, but if we are getting the most out of the bikes and everything is working better, it’s money we’ll spent. I sure I hope I get my file before the end of this week.

·
Registered
2020 R1M
39 Posts
Sent my stock flash to Bren Saturday. Only thing I have heard is there is a "bug" in the hand held software preventing R1 flashes to be made......so much for a 48 hour turnaround for a flash.

·
Vendor
26 Posts
Anyone that is using the DimSport handheld (what we use for flashing the R1) is dealing with a recent software update issue at the moment. This is a bug on the file manager side for packing files for the handheld, not end user side, that we have been working directly with DimSport on (handheld manufacturer). Anyone that has their bike currently flashed is fine but new files that are created are hit a miss for all tuners at the moment. This issue is only affecting the R1 currently. Because of this we gave DimSport our file process, but not our actual tuning files. This is why you'll see new people starting to flash the bike.

An unfortunate eventuality but our customers needs come first over keeping everything a secret. The thing the new tuners don't realize is this bug is hit and miss. This bug causes the top of the powerband to be jerky and not smooth with a loss of power. Since we use WinOLS software we see a lot of things most can't with basic file editors and we vet every file before sending to the user. We will have an update to this issue very soon. We just got a massive order of handhelds and cables today so we don't go out of stock again. As soon as this issue is resolved we will post up new info. We are hoping the next couple of days for a resolution.

Trying to keep everyone in the loop here. We hope that working with DimSport we can resolve this issue fast. As they are in Italy the communication takes a little longer.

Again, aplogies to our current customers waiting as we usually have a 1-2 business day turnaround for files. We'll get this resolved and keep producing the same level of quality you expect for your money.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone that is using the DimSport handheld (what we use for flashing the R1) is dealing with a recent software update issue at the moment. This is a bug on the file manager side for packing files for the handheld, not end user side, that we have been working directly with DimSport on (handheld manufacturer). Anyone that has their bike currently flashed is fine but new files that are created are hit a miss for all tuners at the moment. This issue is only affecting the R1 currently. Because of this we gave DimSport our file process, but not our actual tuning files. This is why you'll see new people starting to flash the bike.

An unfortunate eventuality but our customers needs come first over keeping everything a secret. The thing the new tuners don't realize is this bug is hit and miss. This bug causes the top of the powerband to be jerky and not smooth with a loss of power. Since we use WinOLS software we see a lot of things most can't with basic file editors and we vet every file before sending to the user. We will have an update to this issue very soon. We just got a massive order of handhelds and cables today so we don't go out of stock again. As soon as this issue is resolved we will post up new info. We are hoping the next couple of days for a resolution.

Trying to keep everyone in the loop here. We hope that working with DimSport we can resolve this issue fast. As they are in Italy the communication takes a little longer.

Again, aplogies to our current customers waiting as we usually have a 1-2 business day turnaround for files. We'll get this resolved and keep producing the same level of quality you expect for your money.
Just to verify, you’re sure that those of us that are already flashed have good files? Thanks

·
Vendor
26 Posts

·
Vendor
15 Posts
Got my 2020 R1 tuned today at Socal Superbikes/SLR Tuning Collab in Southern California and WOW super impressed with results.
Not allowing me post videos saying file too large.

Miles: 10,700
Mods: AR slip on
FilterK&N
No block offs I love the pops

91 Octane used
Best Run was 181
Stock run was 155

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’ll give you guys a little sneak peak 🙃… I know different dynos put down different numbers and where I did these dyno pulls tend to disappoint people. I have been working on some things with BT Moto and let me tell you, there should be a red carpet anywhere you see or hear anything regarding these people. That midrange is solid for pump gas and essential to pull you out of corners and track riding. Those 80-81 pound feet of torque and HP are fat and silky smooth and makes the bike pull like ferocious train when let open. (Soon more to come)

·
Vendor
15 Posts
I’ll give you a little sneak peak I know different dynos put down different numbers and where I did these dyno pulls tends to disappoint people. I have been working on some things with BT Moto and let me tell you, there should put a red carpet anywhere you see or hear anything regarding these people. That midrange is solid which for track riding is essential to pull you out of corners. That 80-81 pound feet of torque is smooth and fat for just pump gas and makes the bike pull like ferocious train when let open.
View attachment 1019933
I gained over 50+ hp in midrange 85 to 142. Its wild!!

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
I’ll give you guys a little sneak peak … I know different dynos put down different numbers and where I did these dyno pulls tend to disappoint people. I have been working on some things with BT Moto and let me tell you, there should be a red carpet anywhere you see or hear anything regarding these people. That midrange is solid for pump gas and essential to pull you out of corners and track riding. Those 80-81 pound feet of torque and HP are silky smooth and fat and makes the bike pull like ferocious train when let open.
I want that for my bike. I still didn’t get my file, and when I do I’m going to be on the help list.

·
Registered
9 Posts

I've been waiting well over a year for anyone to crack this ECU to put an aftermarket exhaust on. You guys were the only ones to step up to the plate. Take the time you need to fix any bugs...I'm more than happy waiting a couple extra days to get a quality product.

I do have a question. I just put on my 3/4 system exhaust and ID'd the bike and sent over my files...will I need to redo this process and send the files again once the issue is resolved? And if so, how will I know when/if I need to?

801 - 820 of 883 Posts