Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
881 - 900 of 1105 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you're looking for the best and the "safest", then you should be using genuine YEC products (ie YEC harness and ECU). But that's not for everyone.

I've have two track friends do both BT and Socal's tunes and IMO both are stellar. Rode both back to back. HUGE improvement over stock. Let's all agree and be happy two competent tuners with great reputations are working hard to get products out to the public.
Absolutely right, and I’m not a good candidate because I want to keep the bike street legal. I have a friend with this setup on a 2020 , I’ve never ridden it, but he smokes me big time. My problem is partial compulsive buying, and don’t want to wait. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
my genius knows no bounds
517 Posts
not a good candidate just because the bike would get run on hte street? whys that bad? if a bike makes more power, you dont necessarily have to use it =]

·
Registered
93 Posts
not a good candidate just because the bike would get run on hte street? whys that bad? if a bike makes more power, you dont necessarily have to use it =]
I may have said it wrong somehow, the Yamaha factory kit ECU comes with another wiring harness and eliminates all the lights and turn signals, it also converts some of the control buttons to do other commands. Like I think the high beam lights can select another map... you can find the instructions for the kit and it tells you all the changes it made, but in the end all your lights will not work, so basically not street legal just due to no lighting.

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,559 Posts
You guys been quiet..... ..... ..

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Plain and simple.

BT MOTO / SOCAL SUPERBIKES - SLR

All are the only ones doing it at this point and no one from Socal has had any issues that have been presented which I think in part is why he is expressing himself as such. They came out being honest to me about the whole thing and told me exactly what repinning of ECU needed to be done and how I did not need to remove O2s. Im sure with any mapping that has been done has been of help to Dimsport in the creation. I am in Southern Cali and chose Socal superbikes because I know them from the past and their tune is stellar and has had no issues. I am sure BT has a grwat file as well but no one should be saying anything other than THANKS to both.

BT as a vendor I dont feel you should try to bash the other either, I know SLR making his way into this forum and I have requested access to speak of this product they provide. I cant speak outside of R1 but the product works and was priced just right.

Just my 2c.
hey there. i'm currently trying to decide between BT/SLR and was wondering how your bike has been since it was flashed. I've read things about how the quick shifter and auto blip feels so much better after BT flash, is it he same case with SLR's?

·
Vendor
26 Posts
hey there. i'm currently trying to decide between BT/SLR and was wondering how your bike has been since it was flashed. I've read things about how the quick shifter and auto blip feels so much better after BT flash, is it he same case with SLR's?
Thekilacam is releasing a video tomorrow on the Socalsuperbike/SLR tune migjt wanna see that for some feednack aince he goes on a long ride.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I can attest to the quickshift/auto blip being buttery smooth even normal driving with SLR 🙌🙌🙌 can’t wait to throw it on the dyno next week stay tuned for some numbers!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Here is my Dyno run on the BT Moto / Brentune flash. AFR looks great and pretty good power @188 for just a generic flash. I have a full Akra stainless pipe, Smog block off, stock air filter, Shell 93 gas.

Going to the track this weekend and I have the R1M data module so we can overlap some strait away speeds

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here is my Dyno run on the BT Moto / Brentune flash. AFR looks great and pretty good power @188 for just a generic flash. I have a full Akra stainless pipe, Smog block off, stock air filter, Shell 93 gas.

Going to the track this weekend and I have the R1M data module so we can overlap some strait away speeds

That’s great!
What track do you ride at? Mid-O, Nelson Ledges?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I know who that is, not personally, but I know who he is. I’ll be sure and say hi to him. See you the next time.

·
Twisty Roads for me!
893 Posts
My question to the folks who have their R1's flashed with either Flash company is, what is your fuel economy now after the flash?

·
Registered
93 Posts
31.4. Riding moderately 70 miles, about 60% is freeway A few times I was low gear in A and B mode testing my engine braking.

881 - 900 of 1105 Posts