Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1021 - 1040 of 1080 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did you keep the o2 sensors plugged in? How's the backfire and all that when shifting/coasting?
O2s are still plugged in. I have a servo buddy on it too. Before the tune the backfires where pretty bad, like gun shots. Now its a low solid poof thru all the gears, if that makes sense. The decelerating pops are perfect, they dont pop like a backfire they seem to be more of a smoother pop, like a motogp bike deceleration. SoCal_Superbikes tune really helped it. Best sounding R1 in my town

·
'16 R1
'21 R1
55 Posts
I just installed my tune from SoCal_Superbike for my 2021 R1. Their tune is really easy to install and if you need any help call or DM them. Totally woke the bike up. Shifts are so smooth up and down. Other than all the new power and torque i really love the change in throttle response. It really shines when you get back on the throttle at the apex, the throttle is not jerky or hesitates. Definitely a big plus in my book. Im sure the other tuners are great too but im really happy i went SoCal_Superbikes. They offer a solid product and great customer service.
Did you do the mail in ECU Flash?

·
'16 R1
'21 R1
55 Posts
I bought the handheld programmer. I thinks its a good investment cause i can have SoCal_Superbike do any adjustment to my tune that i need and i can have them build tunes for my R6 or EX300 now that i have the handheld. It really has its benefits.
Cool! No re-pinning on the ECU? Might do mine soon. Got SP08 Air Filter and 3/4 exhaust.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cool! No re-pinning on the ECU? Might do mine soon. Got SP08 Air Filter and 3/4 exhaust.
You got to move 4 wires around on the ecu plug, but super easy. Just unlock the pin lock, pull wires out and reinstall, then relock pin lock. Its that easy. No stripping wires or pin lock tools, ect. Atleast on the 2021.

·
Registered
2020 R1M
48 Posts
I bought the handheld programmer. I thinks its a good investment cause i can have SoCal_Superbike do any adjustment to my tune that i need and i can have them build tunes for my R6 or EX300 now that i have the handheld. It really has its benefits.
Bren Tuning has the same thing.........

·
In soviet Russia, R1 ride you.
333 Posts
Bren Tuning has the same thing.........
I don’t think he named anyone specifically so please keep the guilty conscience stuff out of it. That’s coming from my account which is probably older than you are.

Jk, I don’t know how old you are lol

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a new problem. I’m at the track and later in the day the bike is vibrating a little at high speeds (100’s +). So when I pit later in the day and put the tire warmers on, I notice my yellow dot is 180 from the valve stem!!!

My problem is, I need better tire soap so my rim doesn’t spin on the tire!!

Another update, real world on track, the 2021 Fireblade no longer walks away from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'08 r1
1,482 Posts
I have a new problem. I’m at the track and later in the day the bike is vibrating a little at high speeds (100’s +). So when I pit later in the day and put the tire warmers on, I notice my yellow dot is 180 from the valve stem!!!

My problem is, I need better tire soap so my rim doesn’t spin on the tire!!

Another update, real world on track, the 2021 Fireblade no longer walks away from me.

I mount tires dry to prevent them spinning on the rim. To me, even with spoons, lube is not necessary. If the bead surface isn't damaged and the tire is good, you really don't need it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I mount tires dry to prevent them spinning on the rim. To me, even with spoons, lube is not necessary. If the bead surface isn't damaged and the tire is good, you really don't need it.
I thought I was using a very minimal amount, ya know only where the spoons sort of go, and then wipe it and fill it, but I better clean everything really good next time And I will try and not use anything. Thanks.

·
Registered
'08 r1
1,482 Posts
Mineral spirits is pretty bad for rubber. A lot of folks swear by windex, but it can eat the rim alloy. I don't even spit on it, I just slap them in there dry.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Quick question for people who did the remote tuning through brentuning. Where are the instructions? I just received my tuner and there were no instructions in the box about how to re-pin the ECU connector. Just instructions about how to download the windows computer software. I thought there was a video showing how to connect it to your bike and remove the o2 sensors?

Thanks in advance.

·
In soviet Russia, R1 ride you.
333 Posts
Quick question for people who did the remote tuning through brentuning. Where are the instructions? I just received my tuner and there were no instructions in the box about how to re-pin the ECU connector. Just instructions about how to download the windows computer software. I thought there was a video showing how to connect it to your bike and remove the o2 sensors?

Thanks in advance.

Once you get the file from BT you’ll get the instructions. Too many people were just following the instructions from the first email before getting the file and repinning.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Once you get the file from BT you’ll get the instructions. Too many people were just following the instructions from the first email before getting the file and repinning.
I don’t think I ever received the first email. The only email I received from BT was an order confirmation email. Was I supposed to receive something else? Like a questionnaire about the mods on my bike?

·
Registered
4 Posts
New member hi everyone. Waiting in a 21 r1. Im ready about so cal tuning? Can someone explains this to me. Do i send then my ecu or how do i get their tune onto my ecu? Pleas3 help

1021 - 1040 of 1080 Posts