Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1061 - 1080 of 1080 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
can anyone else with the bt tune chime in? have you had any flat spots? maybe in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter much but just curious
I'll chime in with my experience. I have a 2020 with a Graves 3/4 system and it took me 5 maps to finally get a map that ran okay. Each map had the same issue with falling flat at about 12.5-13k rpm and it would barely get to 14k. One of the maps even had an increased rev limit and I was still unable to really get up to or past 14k rpm during a pull. With my current map that issue is gone but the low end throttle is still touchy and almost boggy for a split second it seems like. Few buddies of mine have been behind me during a pull and say the bike spits black smoke an when I shift orange flames sometimes. I understand it's not gonna be perfect but man was I not expecting this. Almost seems to run 100% better unflashed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I’ve got a 3/4 Yosh pipe. My throttle has no flat spots or twitchy feel. I primarily run on the street and couldn’t be happier, much much better than stock. Stock it was flat on throttle entry and that Is gone. My buddies are impressed as well with not only the power, but how smooth it is.
I’ve made many pulls to 13k and it pulls hard with no flat spots or sign off. I don’t think that power is there much over 13k with stock internals. I could be wrong, but haven’t seen it.

·
Registered
2020 R1M
48 Posts
What do you think of the smog plates? Did you install them to eliminate pops and backfire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still have minor popping when chopping the throttle, doesnt bother me and sounds kinda cool! From what I have heard its pretty normal to have some popping on decel. Install was pretty easy once you have the tank and airbox off.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I still have minor popping when chopping the throttle, doesnt bother me and sounds kinda cool! From what I have heard its pretty normal to have some popping on decel. Install was pretty easy once you have the tank and airbox off.
What was your reason for installing the smog block off plates? A lot of people seem to think they’re unnecessary. Just curious your opinion because I’m considering doing them myself. Glad to hear the install is easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 R1M
48 Posts
For tuning purposes when trying to dial in AFR accurately and save a little bit of weight. I am probably going to piggy back a PC soon on the bike.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got my bike sorted with the YEC ECU but for street and track riding. I know one of the guys in YART and he just pinned few wires and replaced OEM ECU with the YEC. All lights and other stuff remain. I'll be doing dyno tuning on Thursday. Arrow 3/4 titanium. So no need of flash or other stuff. So yes it is duable. Also you then get all YEC TC etc. I am in Europe so my bike is already so strong especially in the midrange.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2021 R1M and bren-turning from the UK flashed my bike. They sell you a tool that is married to only your ECU that you then download the file and then install it with the tool. I’m not IT savvy but it was simple. The bike is completely different and much smoother and easier to ride. The power increased a bit but the big difference is in the flat spots.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was told Motorcycle Mall here in New Jersey is capable of doing the Woolich Racing tune. If anybody gets the tune, please share some info aside from just how the bike feels. I would like to compare it to the Brentuning flash.

·
Twisty Roads for me!
891 Posts
Woolich, has the Auto tune feature which is Huge IMO.

Reactions: hoops_ag

·
Registered
73 Posts
Woolich, has the Auto tune feature which is Huge IMO.
oh snap! how good are those in general? like I'm thinking they wouldn't be AS GOOD as getting something dyno'd/tuned but how close does it get? I don't think I have a dyno shop near me up here in bumass Victorville California lol

·
Twisty Roads for me!
891 Posts
Check out this video

Q&A

oh snap! how good are those in general? like I'm thinking they wouldn't be AS GOOD as getting something dyno'd/tuned but how close does it get? I don't think I have a dyno shop near me up here in bumass Victorville California lol

Reactions: Tekniqs

·
Vendor
33 Posts
Check out this video

Q&A

Those will handle fueling only. The bike will still be restricted, if anyone was curious. The PCV auto tuner works great too and you cant have it tune itself while your ride, same with bazzaz. The woolich auto tuner needs to have the rider make any changes it suggests.

·
Twisty Roads for me!
891 Posts
BT Moto,

Woolish has the flash for the 2020-2021,

Which includes

Features available for Yamaha YZF-R1 2020-2021
  • IAP Fuel Maps
  • TPS Fuel Maps
  • Ignition Timing Maps
  • Ignition Dwell Map/s
  • Electronic Throttle Valve (ETV) Maps
  • Electronic Throttle Valve Deceleration Maps
  • Torque Maps
  • Adjust Idle RPM
  • Adjust RPM Limiter
  • Quickshifter Maps
  • Launch Control Maps
  • Disable Top Speed Limiter
  • Traction Control Maps

2020-2021 YZF-R1 - Log Box D-CAN + Zeitronix ZT-3 Wideband Package
This package includes the Log Box D-CAN v3, On Bike Harness and Bin File Definition allowing you to tune the 2020-2021 Yamaha YZF-R1
  • Log Box D-CAN v3
  • USB Cable
  • On board 2GB micro SD card
  • Universal Harness Type 3
  • Bin File Definitions in Woolich Racing Tuned Software
  • Zeitronix ZT-3 Wideband O2 Controller
  • Zeitronix Wideband O2 Sensor (3 foot cable)
  • RJ12 cable to connect Zeitronix to Log Box
  • Yamaha Power Harness
  • O2 sensor bung

Plus the option to tune it yourself. Which I really like.

It's another option which is always better for the consumer.

Those will handle fueling only. The bike will still be restricted, if anyone was curious. The PCV auto tuner works great too and you cant have it tune itself while your ride, same with bazzaz. The woolich auto tuner needs to have the rider make any changes it suggests.

·
Vendor
33 Posts
BT Moto,

Woolish has the flash for the 2020-2021,

Which includes

Features available for Yamaha YZF-R1 2020-2021
  • IAP Fuel Maps
  • TPS Fuel Maps
  • Ignition Timing Maps
  • Ignition Dwell Map/s
  • Electronic Throttle Valve (ETV) Maps
  • Electronic Throttle Valve Deceleration Maps
  • Torque Maps
  • Adjust Idle RPM
  • Adjust RPM Limiter
  • Quickshifter Maps
  • Launch Control Maps
  • Disable Top Speed Limiter
  • Traction Control Maps

2020-2021 YZF-R1 - Log Box D-CAN + Zeitronix ZT-3 Wideband Package
This package includes the Log Box D-CAN v3, On Bike Harness and Bin File Definition allowing you to tune the 2020-2021 Yamaha YZF-R1
  • Log Box D-CAN v3
  • USB Cable
  • On board 2GB micro SD card
  • Universal Harness Type 3
  • Bin File Definitions in Woolich Racing Tuned Software
  • Zeitronix ZT-3 Wideband O2 Controller
  • Zeitronix Wideband O2 Sensor (3 foot cable)
  • RJ12 cable to connect Zeitronix to Log Box
  • Yamaha Power Harness
  • O2 sensor bung

Plus the option to tune it yourself. Which I really like.

It's another option which is always better for the consumer.
I had to really dig to find it but yes, it's on their website now. Thanks for the correction. The log box is a logger that suggests corrections and the user must make them with a laptop and woolich hardware.

Reactions: stan1

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2021 R1M and bren-turning from the UK flashed my bike. They sell you a tool that is married to only your ECU that you then download the file and then install it with the tool. I’m not IT savvy but it was simple. The bike is completely different and much smoother and easier to ride. The power increased a bit but the big difference is in the flat spots.
What petrol RON number did you give them because I thought uk RON was different to US numbers?

·
Twisty Roads for me!
891 Posts
1061 - 1080 of 1080 Posts