Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1121 - 1140 of 1176 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
How much they charged you for it? Is the auto blipper feel smoother now on low speed?
I haven’t ridden it yet as trailered it there on my way out of town for work and picked it up on my way back in yesterday. I just know the dyno results and his feedback on Woolich with the 2020+ R1. I’ll be able to get some riding in tomorrow and this weekend. He did say he has some footage from the dyno and will be posting it soon on his YouTube.

·
Registered
32 Posts

Hope this link works. I rode it today and she hauls! This was on Dunlop Q4’s with two track days on them. Very satisfied with how the bike rides now. I’ve never had an issue with the quick shifter/auto blipper but it does seem improved?? Only rode around for about 30min with it getting dark so damn early. I’m highly satisfied compared to where it came from with just the PC!

·
Registered
111 Posts

Hope this link works. I rode it today and she hauls! This was on Dunlop Q4’s with two track days on them. Very satisfied with how the bike rides now. I’ve never had an issue with the quick shifter/auto blipper but it does seem improved?? Only rode around for about 30min with it getting dark so damn early. I’m highly satisfied compared to where it came from with just the PC!
That guy does not know what he’s doing. I watched his motonosity video and there are red flags everywhere. I would not take my bike to this guy.

·
my genius knows no bounds
543 Posts
what in the hell were those charts. bizarre. no way i bring that guy my bike. at this point i want the whole 9 yards, im so tired of messing with these things ill just have this all done at once including the dyno tuning. somehow, that guy got that bike running lean down low BEFORE the intake stacks move (7500rpm iirc). just... no.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
E85? Why in a motorcycle?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Not sure why...doesn't make much sense to me.

I am running methanol injection on my supercharged Z06 and thought about going to E85 several years ago, but decided to keep what I got. E85 is very popular in boosted high horsepower cars, but have never heard of anyone using it in bikes

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,685 Posts
Not sure why...doesn't make much sense to me.

I am running methanol injection on my supercharged Z06 and thought about going to E85 several years ago, but decided to keep what I got. E85 is very popular in boosted high horsepower cars, but have never heard of anyone using it in bikes
Yeah. I understand the e85 for cars that are built....but a motorcycle? I just dont know if the motor longevity will be an issue or if there are any significant gains from it....

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m in the early stages of re-flashing with Woolich. I have other jobs early next week, but should have some fuel adjustments made by next weekend
To those who asked where I’d disappeared too…thanks for your concern. Can I offer the excuse that I’m getting on a bit and forums aren’t my strong suite.
I’ve been fixing bikes for forty years and owned a dyno for fifteen. That doesn’t make me an expert but I can offer the following…
Progress has been made. My bike has hardly any miles so I’ve been using the woolich log box and mapping fuel on the road to get a map to suit a link pipe and muffler. Yesterday I had a different bike on my dyno and did some top end mapping before that bike was taken to the track for testing.
Both these bikes I think aren’t too bad with a link pipe and muffler, bearing in mind, that’s all I have experience with so far.
They are a little lean at lower throttle and around 2-5 thousand, but not noticeable when riding, only when logging.
At higher rpm they are pretty good, just a little rich. I leaned the customer’s off a little with the suggested woolich afr’s and it went from 180 to 185 hp.
First impressions are that the bikes fuelling is pretty fair around town without having to modify the fuel maps. There are slight improvements only.
There’s the usual couple of hp to be made at the top end because all bikes are a little rich at the top.
There are a lot of possibilities with the woolich to adjust track specific items which we’ll look at as we go.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Selling my handheld device from Brentune for 2020+ Yamaha R1 for $200 shipped anywhere in the US. It has the tune I received for my bike on it but I guess for a different ECU you might need to talk to Brentuning. Not sure how that works since the map is already store on the handheld device. I have had the flash for a while on the bike and it’s running good so I figure might as well sell it and get a few extra bucks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Selling my handheld device from Brentune for 2020+ Yamaha R1 for $200 shipped anywhere in the US. It has the tune I received for my bike on it but I guess for a different ECU you might need to talk to Brentuning. Not sure how that works since the map is already store on the handheld device. I have had the flash for a while on the bike and it’s running good so I figure might as well sell it and get a few extra bucks.
IIRC they said the handheld will be tied down to only one ECU so it wouldn't work on another bike. I might be wrong though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have done both Brentuning and Woolich on the same bike. Both have their plus and minus but at the end of the day they are very close measured on the same dyno. Woolich made more hp but the power drops a bit sooner. The brentuning flash made less hp but it revs further. So it’s a matter of taste to be honest. The dyno says one thing but at the end of the day it’s all about what the rider prefers.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have done both Brentuning and Woolich on the same bike. Both have their plus and minus but at the end of the day they are very close measured on the same dyno. Woolich made more hp but the power drops a bit sooner. The brentuning flash made less hp but it revs further. So it’s a matter of taste to be honest. The dyno says one thing but at the end of the day it’s all about what the rider prefers.
Thanks. Any input on the woolich auto tune ?

1121 - 1140 of 1176 Posts