Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1141 - 1160 of 1176 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks wow those are impressive numbers. So you also derestricted the throttle I suppose?
The numbers don’t really matter to me. I care more about how everything feels and the drivability. I know realistically It’s around 188hp to the wheels with the Woolich flash since it was done on 50ish degree weather and that helps the numbers a bit. I don’t ride around that temperature anyway but will be heading to FL for a trackday on January to get some more seat time and have a better understanding with the Woolich flash. When it comes to your question regarding the derestricted throttle, I’m not sure, whatever each company does with their flashing software.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The numbers don’t really matter to me. I care more about how everything feels and the drivability. I know realistically It’s around 188hp to the wheels with the Woolich flash since it was done on 50 degree weather and that helps the numbers a bit. I don’t ride in that type of temperature anyway so the numbers are subjective and not really important. When it comes to your question regarding the derestricted throttle, I’m not sure, whatever each company does with their flashing software.
Thanks again. As far as I know woolich does nothing to the base factory map and the throttle maps are left alone.

·
Vendor
48 Posts
The numbers don’t really matter to me. I care more about how everything feels and the drivability. I know realistically It’s around 188hp to the wheels with the Woolich flash since it was done on 50ish degree weather and that helps the numbers a bit. I don’t ride around that temperature anyway but will be heading to Homestead FL for a trackday on January to get some more seat time and have a better understanding with the Woolich flash. When it comes to your question regarding the derestricted throttle, I’m not sure, whatever each company does with their flashing software.
If you send us AFR we can make changes to our mapping for a real apples to apples comparison. OTS vs dyno tuned and it's still close.

I'll explain more here. With our tuning, we want power (obviously), but not at the expense of the engine or reliability. Spark knock on these bikes is already close from the factory. For a glory pull we could make more power but for long term riding and factory reliability we tend to steer away from spark advance on the R1. There's also the ram air factor on Japanese bikes that makes the bike look rich (less power) on the dyno but stoich on the road.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you send us AFR we can make changes to our mapping for a real apples to apples comparison. OTS vs dyno tuned and it's still close.
BT Moto has a week worth of dyno pulls files from my bike. I don’t want to mention any companies but you guys developed at least 8 different maps along with Troy for this bike, some even with more power but we would run into other problems. You guys even paid the same dyno, Bauce Racing for some dyno time and provided an OBD scanner for development so if you ask me, in my opinion it’s a fair comparison. The BT Moto flash has the upper hand when it comes to being able to extend the rev range, that I salute you for it and I think has been very fair from someone who’s not being paid to say his truly humble opinion. As I stated before on a previous post, it’s a matter of taste as both flash have their ups and downs.

·
Registered
192 Posts
If I understand correctly, the flash got put out when Yamaha sent a service bulletin to Europe, so the coil wiring on the pin out on the ecu has to match the euro pin out for the file to work.
Ooh ok …wondering why Europe would have a different firing order ? Or is it just the LI out that’s different and if so why is the LI out different lol

·
Registered
'08 r1
2,639 Posts
Ooh ok …wondering why Europe would have a different firing order ? Or is it just the LI out that’s different and if so why is the LI out different lol
I'm not entirely sure why the factory swaps the pins for different regions, but if I were to venture a guess, it would be to prevent a bike from being sent to Europe with a us ecu or visa versa. Because of different emissions standards.

·
I'm going to be a dad!
556 Posts
Can you please explain why the firing order would have to be changed ? Thank you
i re-pinned the plug after flashing.
i dont think the firing order changed. Like what was said earlier the coil pin is different from EU to US.

Reactions: 1202067

·
I'm going to be a dad!
556 Posts
Reactions: 1202067
1141 - 1160 of 1176 Posts