Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Crash OverRide
1,326 Posts
I’m sure those numbers would be better with a proper tune/mapping. I’m still waiting on the flash tune or PCV before I buy any exhaust. Having the proper air fuel mixture ratio is essential to me. Dyno numbers are really just a number of the bye product/ bragging rights.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m not negating a flash/tune/fuel controller wouldn’t help numbers or ride ability.. but mainly looking at if it’s safe at minimum, to not cause harm to the engine due to running lean. I went ahead and ordered the exhaust due to time for manufacture (I’m going on 8 weeks waiting) and hoping the ECU code is cracked sooner than later as these factory exhausts are super quiet. Ready for some real noise!

·
Crash OverRide
1,326 Posts
Full exhaust will be the best in power gains of course but if you are just going to run on the street most of the time then I would just do a 3/4 system. For me it depends on my wallet, my plans are to purchase the Austin Racing 3/4 system or the Akarapovic system.

Reactions: finhanger

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
I got the 3/4 AR GPR2 and it sounds good, no back firing. I have had it die on me once when it was really hot outside and i was driving at a low rpm and when i down shifted it just shut off. I believe it was due to being too lean, since then i left the silencer in the exaught to create a little more back pressure and i havnt had the problem since. Still waiting on the ecu flash like everyone else though.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same here.. Waiting on the AR GP1R 3/4 system. The bike is fun enough as is but a little more power with an ECU flash and exhaust will be the cherry on top.
Same as said by SlideRR, I think the gains for the full system isn’t worth the price and effort to install. I don’t track the bike tho, just spirited street riding.

·
Registered
9 Posts
how long did it take you guys to get the AR exhausts and where did you guys order from? looking to get a complete exhaust but I heard it takes 4-8 weeks now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Today marks 8 weeks exactly and I don’t believe mine is even built yet. When I contact AR two weeks ago, they said some orders were shipping in the 9th week and couldn’t give an update where mine was at. I ordered mine thru MotoMummy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
how long did it take you guys to get the AR exhausts and where did you guys order from? looking to get a complete exhaust but I heard it takes 4-8 weeks now.
Took about 2-3 months, i called them during the wait and they said they were making adjustments to the design, that was back in Jan-Feb

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
I just called FTECU “they are making progress” is what i was told and to check back in a month. Not a lot of optimism from the sound of their voice. Honestly this is getting frustrating and im about to call the damn yamaha development team and ask wtf did they do to the 2020.

101 - 112 of 112 Posts