Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

161 - 180 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ok really confused. You read what Dynojet states about the Power Commander V for the 2020 R1 and it clearly states it's only controlling the upper injectors. But if you watch their official install video they install on the lower injectors. So what gives? I thought the uppers were outside on the top of the airbox. While the lowers were inside under the v-stacks. Compare that to the Bazzazz which also states it controls uppers only and their unit connects to the ones on top of the airbox

·
Crash OverRide
1,350 Posts
What a ordeal with this 2020 R1!
I’m thinking that it’s just the upper injectors but if will do it’s job about keepin the fuel/air mixture set correctly with a 3/4 or full system seems like it would work for me.
although the flash I had on my 2011 from super bike unlimited was the best.

·
Registered
5 Posts
As I am totally down with having my mind & opinions changed, not to mention admit when I was wrong - apparently dimsport just released the Rapidbike module for the 2020 R1 which is able to map the entire rev range including the complete inner control loop.

My tuner gave me this information hot off the press this afternoon, he has the module in his hands and I am booked in for a full custom dyno tune this friday.

I'll report back to the forum and let you all know how it went - All going well I'll definitely be apologizing for calling the tuner engineers trash for not coming to table with a solution lol

·
Venom X/O
24,277 Posts
As I am totally down with having my mind & opinions changed, not to mention admit when I was wrong - apparently dimsport just released the Rapidbike module for the 2020 R1 which is able to map the entire rev range including the complete inner control loop.

My tuner gave me this information hot off the press this afternoon, he has the module in his hands and I am booked in for a full custom dyno tune this friday.

I'll report back to the forum and let you all know how it went - All going well I'll definitely be apologizing for calling the tuner engineers trash for not coming to table with a solution lol
Does the rapid bike module also remove restrictions and emission locks, or is it just fuel tuning?

·
Registered
24 Posts

Awesome, please let us know! Do you have a number for his shop? Maybe you get yours done for free when this whole forum orders this thing from him!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Soooo 8 months into 2020.. no doubt 2021 R1 will be announced in the coming months... Do we have ANY word on ‘20 r1 flashes yet? All I wanna do is install my damn link pipe and not **** my shit up 🙄

·
Registered
4 Posts

I think you’ll be somewhat forgiven.. they’ve had like a year to figure it out :p This is good news though. I’ll be watching also!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #169

Looking on the rapidsport website it looks like its only the upper injectors.

·
Registered
61 Posts
yeah thought I saw that as well.

So my Euro5 theory goes out the window. Thought that might be the reason why Yamaha locked the 2020 R1 ECU from being flashed. But I see FTEcu has a flash kit for the 2021 Yamaha Tenere. That model is listed on Yamaha Europe and if it's a new model in Europe it has to be euro5 compliant. So now really curious why Yamaha did that to the R1if you can be Euro5 compliant yet still have a flashable ecu

·
Registered
49 Posts
Are there R1M features that could be unlocked on a base R1? If so, that's your answer right there. $_$

·
Registered
1 Posts
As we all wait for a ECU flash, Looks like Dynojet has bought us some time as we wait patiently. They released a install video on the PCV controlling the lower injections allowing to install a full exhaust and filter. The secondary fuel module can be installed to control the upper injectors as well. Highly considering this option until a ECU flashed is released. Food for thought for everyone wanting to install a exhaust and filter without the fear of damaging the bike.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ok this I don’t get..... if DynoJett has access to both injectors why require two modules instead of one kit that does them both? I saw the secondary module but wasn’t sure what it did because I didn’t see any info about it running secondary injectors. I’m probably wrong but don’t get it. Speaking with Bazzaz if/when they end up getting those lower injectors it wouldn’t require an additional module. Just an update harness .

·
Registered
61 Posts
Are there R1M features that could be unlocked on a base R1? If so, that's your answer right there. $_$
no not really and nothing more than previous R1M to R1 models. There isn’t a single feature that you can just enable and have instant R1M without spending $$$. Suspension and ccu aside the main difference between the two is just the carbon fiber on the R1M. And the ccu works on the standard R1 you just have to purchase it. And I don’t know if you could just purchase any electronic suspension system and plug it and have it work with the OEM ecu. So I don’t think that’s it

·
Registered
97 Posts

how did you go with custom tune mate? Did you go to Sydney Dyno by any chance with your R1M?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed the Rapid Bike Module on my 2020 R1. Also installed the Graves Yamaha R1 Cat Eliminator Exhaust Valve Type-R
First, The Graves system drives the EV so staying true and clean to the factory ECU, works well and does smooth out the power band and sounds really nice, not sure the price is worth it but its a done deal for me.

Second, The Rapid Bike RB EVO YAMAHA R1 2020 does exactly as it advertises.

From the Website: PLEASE READ BEFORE ORDERING: Rapid Bike always manages all injectors and the very first time ever we will only be able to manage upper (secondary ) injectors on the NEW 2020 R1 model, because of that we are only able to make adjustments above 6000 RPM and over 40% throttle and making manual adjustments below 6000 rpm under 40% throttle will make almost no difference This action seemed to have almost no impact below specified perimeters and results may vary from one bike to another.

I felt the power gains above 6000 RPMs and had to get on the throttle. That's it! I can live with this system but when the FLASH COMES OUT.. I'll get it.

R1 Liter BIke Hell Yes

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the Dynojet power commander v and secondary fuel Mod. 20% of throttle is locked so if you have the the system I said above I had it taken to dyno and tuned. I have 3/4 Akrapovic exhaust ,BMC filter smog block off plates. It runs great however I am waiting to unlock ECU so I can have control 100% throttle , take restrictions off to get most power from bike. I have done almost everything I can think off to upgrade my 2020 R1 love it. I wish they had put Ohlins TTX GP on bike as it’s made adjusting rear suspension easy and I can dial in on any ride. I would have gone Power commander anyway as I use two Maps just wish they unlocked ECU sooner .

·
Registered
97 Posts
Seems like there is never going to be a flash for 20+ it’s been over a year and if they could have done it would have been release by now. So it’s either euro 5 and those silly piggy backs that are no good for road crushing speeds or the gytr race ecu’s. I’m thinking of selling the 20 M and buying 2019 M and get a top class Hooker for a week with the money left over

161 - 180 of 224 Posts