Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to upgrade Air Filter and add Akropovic GP exhaust with Cat eliminator pipe. Does Power commander have a 2020 compatible version?

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,481 Posts
No

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I want to upgrade Air Filter and add Akropovic GP exhaust with Cat eliminator pipe. Does Power commander have a 2020 compatible version?
Hey! I’m curious what your results were.. I have a akrapovic slip on and link pipe for a 3/4 system. I’m being told by a lot of reputable people that it’s not possible yet. No flash available etc.

What did you end up doing?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey! I’m curious what your results were.. I have a akrapovic slip on and link pipe for a 3/4 system. I’m being told by a lot of reputable people that it’s not possible yet. No flash available etc.

What did you end up doing?
I know for fact you can get a custom Dyna tune and use power commander as my bike is going in Tom.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know for fact you can get a custom Dyna tune and use power commander as my bike is going in Tom.
I don’t know if they can flash the ECU yet but because I always wanted 2 different maps I went with power commander

·
Registered
4 Posts
That’s cool! Would you mind posting anything specific they mentioned. Where the flash is from.. is it a pre 2020 power commander? Because I think there still isn’t a ‘20 one yet. The shop that is going to do mine spoke to me today and is still asking around. It would be cool to bring some new information to him though!
Glad you’re finally getting this simple task done. I feel like we’ve all been waiting ages to add such a simple upgrade to our bikes.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That’s cool! Would you mind posting anything specific they mentioned. Where the flash is from.. is it a pre 2020 power commander? Because I think there still isn’t a ‘20 one yet. The shop that is going to do mine spoke to me today and is still asking around. It would be cool to bring some new information to him though!
Glad you’re finally getting this simple task done. I feel like we’ve all been waiting ages to add such a simple upgrade to our bikes.
So they are doing custom tune on my bike. It is a 2020 R1. I will be happy to update you when I get it back with the 2 different tunes I am having done. A highest horsepower tune and then the smoothest most gas efficient that I can switch between . To my knowledge there are no Maps available except for tunes done on Dyno or if you get auto tune.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have 2020 Power commander they finished them and made available last week

·
Registered
337 Posts
So they are doing custom tune on my bike. It is a 2020 R1. I will be happy to update you when I get it back with the 2 different tunes I am having done. A highest horsepower tune and then the smoothest most gas efficient that I can switch between . To my knowledge there are no Maps available except for tunes done on Dyno or if you get auto tune.
Yeah I’m curious to hear about the results. 🤔I believe the PCV can only control the upper injectors. Maybe your Dyno tuner will come up with maps 6K RPM’s and up to redline.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I’m curious to hear about the results. 🤔I believe the PCV can only control the upper injectors. Maybe your Dyno tuner will come up with maps 6K RPM’s and up to redline.
You are correct I bought 2020 Power commander and the Secondary fuel Mod so I can control all 8 injectors the total kit from Them with both units and switch to change maps with no computer was $800 and the custom tune $600 I also changed rear shock to Ohlins TTX GP . I will let you know how it works. By the time I’m done in next month building this bike I’ll have $$$$ into it. But I love it. I am waiting for Rotobox 2 wheels with ceramic bearings and blue carbon fiber and I am about to Order Brembo GP4 brakes with Braketech calipers. I have already done almost everything else I’ll post picture later this week.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You are correct I bought 2020 Power commander and the Secondary fuel Mod so I can control all 8 injectors the total kit from Them with both units and switch to change maps with no computer was $800 and the custom tune $600 I also changed rear shock to Ohlins TTX GP . I will let you know how it works. By the time I’m done in next month building this bike I’ll have $$$$ into it. But I love it. I am waiting for Rotobox 2 wheels with ceramic bearings and blue carbon fiber and I am about to Order Brembo GP4 brakes with Braketech calipers. I have already done almost everything else I’ll post picture later this week.
yes please do. Do you know if you will be able to control all the yrc settings without losing the map?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes please do. Do you know if you will be able to control all the yrc settings without losing the map?
The YRC settings remain intact if you use Power Commander and run Maps when they are available or do as I have get custom Dynotune. I changed and now getting Race fuel tune and Pump gas my tuner suggested

·
Registered
29 Posts
The YRC settings remain intact if you use Power Commander and run Maps when they are available or do as I have get custom Dynotune. I changed and now getting Race fuel tune and Pump gas my tuner suggested
ok, I was told that once all the settings are set, and the tune is applied, if you were to change an individual setting (lets say Traction control) that your fuel map would revert to OEM settings, since the fuel mapping is used in conjunction with traction control slide control ect. You can Confirm that this is not the case?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So does the power commander work well ?!
It works . I put a Power Commander with Secondary Fuel Module and had 2020 R1 with Akropovic exhaust and Mid pipe . I wanted to use different Maps so I put switch on. I took it off and sold to racer who has different needs. You can’t control throttle response and it does not throw fuel at bike at high RPM. I am like every one else waiting to Flash ECU. It will be available this year. I have spoken to enough people who said it’s just taking long time. I literally have done my 2020 R1 with every other upgrade I could think of doing. I’m now am going 2021 V4S. As I build up a garage of great bikes and toys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts