Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, tried searching on this forum but it seems like I cant find much on 2020 sliders.

These bikes aren't cheap, so I dont mind the added protection for that odd clumsy drop protecting those beautiful CF fairings.

Any good quality ones anyone suggests that dont look hideous but still work well? I already looking at gille lifters and chain adjuster as one of my first mods to get the bike on a stand. Would like something that will protect the fairings for that odd drop (knock on wood it will never happen).

This is going to be street only, so just want to keep this bike protected. I've also never had handle bar extension sliders, do they work?

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,213 Posts
The woodcraft frame sliders are good and have a puck design. Graves look good too. Their 15-19 frame sliders may fit already.... Those seem to be the "lowest profile" frame sliders around.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in the same boat.
Here's my research so far.

Woodcraft for function, but they do look a bit chunky for street bike.

Lightech is on my short list. Nice shape and has that rubber impact ring. Might be a gimmick but these sliders look best for Street looks but still have function.

If you want something really different, Graves has a newer design which it's like a diamond / triangle shape. Goes with the lines of the bike. A bit chunky tho for my tastes.

Im not a fan of teardrop sliders, I'm sure they are very function, but for a street bike, to me they look a bit out of place and dont go with our newer r1 looks.

Just my opinion. I think I'll be getting lightech.

·
Registered
5 Posts
FWIW... used Shoguns on most bikes in the past, switched to Woodcrafts for the R1. Much happier with the way they install, and the fact that they are a “puck” instead of the equivalent of a bar (or extra pegs) protruding.

Reactions: tory ii

·
Registered
55 Posts
can't go wrong with factory.

sucks yamaha doesnt make the old fame slider anymore. i really like that one.

·
Premium Member
12,016 Posts
can't go wrong with factory.

sucks yamaha doesnt make the old fame slider anymore. i really like that one.
View attachment 1015963
The older style was a very bad design by Yamaha. Those can easily catch and cause your bike to flip and/or snatch the bolt right out of the engine and deeming the bike useless.

I would never consider using those.

Get Woodcraft.

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,213 Posts
Those are designed to break. Seen one in person snap when a bike tipped over.

Over priced with no function. Seems like those are for shipping purposes only. So the bike doesn't move in the crate.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
The older style was a very bad design by Yamaha. Those can easily catch and cause your bike to flip and/or snatch the bolt right out of the engine and deeming the bike useless.

I would never consider using those.

Get Woodcraft.

lol damn... i retract my statement then... that's too bad. they look so cool! :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’ve got lightec... think they look nice. Haven’t found out if they work. Fingers crossed I don’t

1 - 10 of 10 Posts