Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Haven't been in the R1 or motorcycle scene in about 4 years. My last bike was a 2007 R1 and I loved every mile of it. I rode for about 7 years prior to that and I think I'm ready to get back on a bike. I am eyeing up the new 2020 R1's and have made up my mind that this is the one I want and should be ready to get it in the spring. I have been to a few dealerships to check them out but not one will ever give me a price (out the door; taxes, fees, etc.) It's very frustrating because I'll be paying cash and all I want to know is what to expect to pay with fees. So my question is for those that just purchased a new 2020 R1. What did you pay? I know states and dealerships will vary, but I'm in NC and sales tax here is 4.75% I believe. What did you pay for dealer fees? Are any prices on a brand new bike negotiable? MSRP is $17,399. I apologize in advance for my ignorance as I have never purchased a brand new motorcycle before, only used. Thanks in advance!

·
An R1 kinda day!
2015 Yamaha YZF R1 Raven Edition
872 Posts
7% sales tax in North Carolina. In all honesty, they should knock off $1000 from MSRP from the get. Maybe even a little bit more.

·
An R1 kinda day!
872 Posts
OP is from Lincolnton, NC according to his profile.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Correct, Lincolnton NC. I just want to basically compare what others have paid OTD price and what to expect when I come in ready to buy and not get surprised.

·
Super Moderator
24,697 Posts
Here's two guys that will give you exactly what you want....

Ernie from Miller's Motorsports - (724) 430-1970 - Lemont Furnace, PA

Brad from Romney Cycles - (866) 766-1495 - Romney, WV

I bought my 15 R1 from Ernie and I didn't pay any bullshit fees. Brad was a close second. I went with Ernie because he was $100 cheaper and a couple hours closer to me.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I paid about $1000 off msrp for a 2020 and the dealer didn't charge an assembly fee. The only fees I paid for are the state fees.

·
An R1 kinda day!
872 Posts
Its 3 months old. Offer them 9,000 and go from there.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got mine for 1000 off msrp, i didnt have a big margin for bargain as it took me awhile to find the bike in stock and hadda drive a good little ways so i was happy to get any perks. As time goes on im sure price will reflect that, got mine end of february 2020

·
Registered
105 Posts
I got mine for 1000 off msrp, i didnt have a big margin for bargain as it took me awhile to find the bike in stock and hadda drive a good little ways so i was happy to get any perks. As time goes on im sure price will reflect that, got mine end of april 2020

Wow, you got your bike a month from now??? :D

·
An R1 kinda day!
872 Posts
Also be asking for things like 1st service free and such. You'd be surprised at all they'll throw in to move units. At least that's what they did for me when I bought my '15 Raven.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Picked up a blue 2020 R1 today from Team Powersports in Garner, NC. $15,828 out the door including all fees, tax and tags. I made them match the best price I could find on cycletrader.com. They did. Great dealership

·
Lookin for the perfect R1
40 Posts
I'm back in the market as well. I know i'm bumping this thread from the dead, but I sold my '07 R1 then hopped on a brand new 2016 CBR1000RR and just sold that right before COVID...i'm ready to go back to an R1. I think it was one of the best balanced bikes i've ever had. With that said, i've found a few new 2020's left and even a new 2019 (all in south Florida). I am in for any year as long as it's brand new.

Anyone bought their's in south Florida? What was your OTD price?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
89 Posts
Also be asking for things like 1st service free and such. You'd be surprised at all they'll throw in to move units. At least that's what they did for me when I bought my '15 Raven.
Supply is low with chip shortages. Those 2015 deals and too many inventory are a thing of the past for now.

I'd recommend a 2019 if you can find one. Prob a better deal and you can flash it. 2020s are a people still to get it unlocked and flashed. It's night and day when I got my bike flashed and tuned.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts