Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2020 R1. I am looking to add carbon Fiber to Front Fender, rear wings and tray under wings. I’m looking for Twill Weave and Gloss finish. Most important I want 100 percent carbon fiber That’s baked in autoclave and pre preg. Then has a well done finish UV resistant polished. Does anyone have a company to suggest? Thanks for help.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've tried a few different manufacturers and have bought several different pieces. 1carbontech is the best I have found.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've tried a few different manufacturers and have bought several different pieces. 1carbontech is the best I have found.

I looked at them. Do they do 100 percent carbon fiber? I was about to use them and was told they use a blend of Fiberglass core and carbon fiber outside?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I looked at them. Do they do 100 percent carbon fiber? I was about to use them and was told they use a blend of Fiberglass core and carbon fiber outside?
Not true. There's no fiberglass in these parts. I'm sure there are other quality manufactures, but I like that its American made.

I've been very happy with the quality, fit, and finish. I'm sure others will chime in with alternatives.

Good luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. It’s probably someone trying to switch me to another product. I am going with 1carbontech it’s great it’s Made USA.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought some pieces from motocomposite. Full carbon and fiberglass blend, looks great, fit is great, price is great.

·
Registered
127 Posts
666 carbon , QB carbon, max amoto, there are so many opp racing sells a few different brands.but you will find that carbonfiber street body work I think in the most part comes out better that carbonfiber fiber race bodywork. I use the race bodywork because there is a couple of pieces, so it's much easier to take on and off. I just make my own projection beam holder . This pic is actually fiberglass bodywork , but I am doing the same projection beam set up on my carbonfiber bodywork!
IMG_2183.jpg
IMG_2183.jpg
IMG_2183.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts