Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve put 5300 miles on the bike since April. Majority of those miles was from me riding hard.

Is this sound normal?

·
Registered
104 Posts
It sounds normal to me too,
I have a 2015 and I always wondered about that ticking noise, I never noticed it when I bought the bike with less than 2000 miles in it. But a few months later I noticed it, but when I have heard others they all seem to do it, so nothing to worry about.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
24,484 Posts
It's the infamous Yamaha tick. All of my R1's have done it. 2000, 2005,2010 & 2015.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know guys, I had the same ticking in my R1'05 and couple days later my engine blew up I think it was due to the connecting rod or something but can't remember what yamaha mechanic was saying about it when he dissected the engine in 2007.

All I can say, give it to yamaha mechanic just to be sure as this happy ticking could be ticking of a bomb ;)
Better to pay couple hundred than thousands when it explodes under your a$$ ;)

Cheers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My zx10r has that sound and my brand new 2020 seems to have it too so. It may be injector tick

·
Registered
104 Posts
I think they all do it, but my 2015 R1 has that ticking noise, I was worried but now I have heard a few they sound the same. Nothing to worry about

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts