Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am somewhat new to the site and also not. I had 2005 Yamaha R1 Blue and was registered under a similar name but can't reset my password. Its been a while, I did do a search first. I live in Charlotte NC and can't find a dealer with a 2020 R1 in blue in stock. I am willing to drive but don't want to pay more than I have to at the dealer. Cheapest person with one in stock wanted 16K. I did a search in Autotrader Motorcycles and the cheapest new one on there was $13995. What are people paying? I was thinking I could get it for about $145000 plus tax/tag/title (minus the tax if out of state of NC). Any recommendations on place to buy? I live in NC but open to traveling to pick it up.

Thanks for any info and for reading.

Suda

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hello. I am somewhat new to the site and also not. I had 2005 Yamaha R1 Blue and was registered under a similar name but can't reset my password. Its been a while, I did do a search first. I live in Charlotte NC and can't find a dealer with a 2020 R1 in blue in stock. I am willing to drive but don't want to pay more than I have to at the dealer. Cheapest person with one in stock wanted 16K. I did a search in Autotrader Motorcycles and the cheapest new one on there was $13995. What are people paying? I was thinking I could get it for about $145000 plus tax/tag/title (minus the tax if out of state of NC). Any recommendations on place to buy? I live in NC but open to traveling to pick it up.

Thanks for any info and for reading.

Suda
What ultimately matters is the total OTD (out the door) price, not just the sales price. Some dealers' price may be a little lower but they may hit you will big fees for this and that where you may end up paying more. Once a dealer tried to charge me for using the restroom while I was there! just kidding...If you can get in the 15's with reasonable fees I think you've done well. Plus some dealers may deliver, some may give you a free service or two (these things take 4+ quarts of full synthetic plus filter-not cheap!), and some may offer you discounts on gear with a bike purchase while your there so it isn't always just price.

I used to live in Charlotte too and the sales tax (or Highway use tax) was 3% on cars and bikes etc. (is it still 3% in NC?) so there is that too. (It is 7% where I live now!!) Charlotte was great...pretty much year round riding, decent weather, and not far from many tracks (if that's your thing) and great roads a few hours West. When I was there even riding around Charlotte was good but after 485 went in the growth and traffic exploded as you well know but I still miss it! The new R1's are great but I bet you'll end up really missing your 05
Ride safe

·
Super Moderator
24,452 Posts
Brad at Romney Cycles should be the best bet for you. They are in Romney, West Virginia. When I bought my 15 R1 it was between Brad and Ernie at Miller Motorsports in Lemont Furnace, PA. Ernie was $200 cheaper and 2 hours closer to me. They both are awesome dealerships. They don't have any bogus fees. So your out the door is as small as possible. Currently on Romney Cycles website they have a 2020 Black R1. I'm sure they can get a blue one way or another. It's just over a 6 hour drive from Charlotte, NC. (y)

Give Brad a call.... (866) 766-1495

·
Plastic surgery pending
5,545 Posts
Brad at Romney Cycles should be the best bet for you. They are in Romney, West Virginia. When I bought my 15 R1 it was between Brad and Ernie at Miller Motorsports in Lemont Furnace, PA. Ernie was $200 cheaper and 2 hours closer to me. They both are awesome dealerships. They don't have any bogus fees. So your out the door is as small as possible. Currently on Romney Cycles website they have a 2020 Black R1. I'm sure they can get a blue one way or another. It's just over a 6 hour drive from Charlotte, NC. (y)

Give Brad a call.... (866) 766-1495.
Romney is an excellent dealership. 👍

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What ultimately matters is the total OTD (out the door) price, not just the sales price. Some dealers' price may be a little lower but they may hit you will big fees for this and that where you may end up paying more. Once a dealer tried to charge me for using the restroom while I was there! just kidding...If you can get in the 15's with reasonable fees I think you've done well. Plus some dealers may deliver, some may give you a free service or two (these things take 4+ quarts of full synthetic plus filter-not cheap!), and some may offer you discounts on gear with a bike purchase while your there so it isn't always just price.

I used to live in Charlotte too and the sales tax (or Highway use tax) was 3% on cars and bikes etc. (is it still 3% in NC?) so there is that too. (It is 7% where I live now!!) Charlotte was great...pretty much year round riding, decent weather, and not far from many tracks (if that's your thing) and great roads a few hours West. When I was there even riding around Charlotte was good but after 485 went in the growth and traffic exploded as you well know but I still miss it! The new R1's are great but I bet you'll end up really missing your 05
Ride safe

Good point on the OTD price. I was still thinking low 15K or high 14K. I'll see I guess. Not in a huge rush to buy and willing to drive. I love Charlotte, grew up here. Traffic here is even more crazy nowadays. I do believe the tax rate is still 3%.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Give Brad a call.... (866) 766-1495

I will. I live in Charlotte and also own a business in Virginia. I'm about 45 mins away from Bluefield WV. I don't mind driving if I can get the right price. I will call and get info. Thank you for contact information!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just dealt with John at Romney. Awesome group of guys and the owner kevin was super helpful. Highly recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I checked out Romney and Miller Motorsports online. They both don't have the 2020 in blue as far as their online shows. Most places i've called around say they won't be able to get it, and if they are it will be late fall.

·
Super Moderator
24,452 Posts
I checked out Romney and Miller Motorsports online. They both don't have the 2020 in blue as far as their online shows. Most places i've called around say they won't be able to get it, and if they are it will be late fall.
CALL THEM!!! They can trade with other dealerships.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just picked a 2020 R1M 25,500 out the door from Ebsenburg Yamaha in PA - FYI yamaha got 0% interest rate for 36 months till end of the month

·
Super Moderator
24,452 Posts
FYI get that bike paid off before the 36 months run out or you'll be paying a really really high interest rate.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
I just picked a 2020 R1M 25,500 out the door from Ebsenburg Yamaha in PA - FYI yamaha got 0% interest rate for 36 months till end of the month

Lol, did you buy it on Friday , I had my eye on that. Email them to see if they still had it in stock and the salesperson told me they sold it on Friday.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Yes I am from the Reading area, I’m waiting for another dealership to get back to me with the otd price. Hopefully you don’t plan on buying anymore ...lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts