Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good odds but pretty wide open this year. Depends on the progress of Marquez and the health of all riders. He's not my favorite but he can ride. He'll certainly keep it interesting and you can't count him out..
You鈥檙e right. Can鈥檛 never count out MM.

Just Me.
If it's rigged like everything else regarding politics, I think El Diablo will take it. There's only one thing I dislike about him, and that's his nickname. It just sits wrong with me on so many levels. Politics aside, he's another kid who has oodles of talent and a passion for winning. His hunger and drive as a rookie was remarkable.

I want to see the hated underdog Frenchman do some good this year. Since Dovi ain't around, I'd like to see him or Baggggs win it all. We should know where the direction of the season is going by July as usual almost like clockwork, but no definites. If Mav or Fabio ends up taking, I wouldn鈥檛 be unhappy. If Rossi wins, he鈥檒l retire on top 鈥 hey, it鈥檚 good to still dream.

Take the red pill
I'm rooting for Bags. He's on the verge. And also Binder. Kid has a great attitude. The only Spanish rider I like is Rins. He doesn't seem to have that typical Spanish attitude as the rest of them.

Wow the other thread got shut down. I've got a number of them blocked so I didn't see the posts.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In all honesty, I think Rins deserves a championship too. He pretty much developed that Suzuki.

I miss my R1
I'm rooting for Bags. He's on the verge. And also Binder. Kid has a great attitude. The only Spanish rider I like is Rins. He doesn't seem to have that typical Spanish attitude as the rest of them.

Wow the other thread got shut down. I've got a number of them blocked so I didn't see the posts.
There are more Spaniards in the top class who appear to be decent/humble guys...

Jorge Martin definitely seems like a good kid. He was the first to say he wasn't going to win at Qatar 2, because it wasn't his time yet, but still managed to lead 85% of the race. At the same time he was mature/responsible enough not to try a risky move on Zarco because he realizes Zarco is there to fight for the championship.

Re: blocking the trolls, same here.

Registered
All three rookies look great this year so far-super fun to watch them work their way through learning the big bikes. This year鈥檚 championship does seem wide open. Also really looking forward to watching the R1鈥檚 fight to knock Rea off the top step in Jerez at the end of July.

The Poe Poe!
Just so I'll know, what exactly happened to that other thread?
I must have missed what happened after my last post. Did it really get that bad?
Never seen a thread shut down on this forum.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just so I'll know, what exactly happened to that other thread?
I must have missed what happened after my last post. Did it really get that bad?
Never seen a thread shut down on this forum.
Don鈥檛 know. Nothing out of the normal from last season鈥檚 thread. It was actually worse in there.

The Poe Poe!
Seemed a little weird to me too. Unless I missed something really big and out of the norm.

Our normal chit talking (mm vs vr stuff) was fun but not too bad in terms of language or whatever.

Hmmm!

Just Me.
Am I the only one who thinks about what type of diet these athletes have?

I mean, is MM, VR, Bagggggs (I get carried away with the Gs), and who knows who else sitting around eating bacon double cheese burgers with a side of bacon smothered chilli cheese fries and stuff like that, or are they eating boring @ss soups, salads, and plain pasta?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I mean, is MM, VR, Bagggggs (I get carried away with the Gs), and who knows who else sitting around eating bacon double cheese burgers with a side of bacon smothered chilli cheese fries and stuff like that, or are they eating boring @ss soups, salads, and plain pasta?
Some of them are naturally small, some or very young, some are both. They probably eat whatever they want for the most part without gaining weight. I鈥檓 34 and still have a hard time gaining weight.

Klaus Von Slowpoke
These are world-class athletes, getting paid millions of dollars, with a number of corporate sponsors. Do you think they would be allowed to control an aspect of their lives that would affect performance? They have rider coaches, mental coaches, physical trainers, massage therapists and dieticians. Look at all of the data they pull after every time on the bike, you don't think someone is tracking caloric intake and food balance and the effect on performance? This is a significant investment, you control everything that you can.

Kind of makes me miss the days when the winner would light a cigarette and start drinking beers after the race. And everyone else in the race. And crews. Training? F*ck that.

The Poe Poe!
And Down goes MM!!

He's finding it a bit harder than I think he expected.

Klaus Von Slowpoke
Disappointing start to the season for Rossi. Running 20th in the championship. Morbidelli podiums on the same bike. Might be the swan song for Vale.

"I love MotoGP but fighting for 17th isn't fun" - Rossi

I miss my R1
Disappointing start to the season for Rossi. Running 20th in the championship. Morbidelli podiums on the same bike. Might be the swan song for Vale.

"I love MotoGP but fighting for 17th isn't fun" - Rossi
Not really the same bike, if all of Morbidelli's grumbling is anything to go by, but your point still stands...

I think Rossi will announce his retirement at Mugello if he doesn't get at least a top 10 in LeMans.

Registered
2017 R1M
I was hoping Rossi would have some results and possibly a podium. Unfortunately I believe he鈥檚 done.
im not really sure how Fabio goes 1st with a great lead then backwards to 10th?? It鈥檚 like he had a flat tire馃槀馃槀

I miss my R1
I was hoping Rossi would have some results and possibly a podium. Unfortunately I believe he鈥檚 done.
im not really sure how Fabio goes 1st with a great lead then backwards to 10th?? It鈥檚 like he had a flat tire馃槀馃槀
It was arm-pump (again)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts