Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Disappointing start to the season for Rossi. Running 20th in the championship. Morbidelli podiums on the same bike. Might be the swan song for Vale.

"I love MotoGP but fighting for 17th isn't fun" - Rossi
They were saying that Yamaha would have supplied another later bike for Franky if Petronas had paid for it. Well I think he was worth the investment for sure. He has as much talent as Fabio, better temperament. Who knows what could happen next year with new satellite teams coming out. It's a big risk for everyone, but I think Franky having to get results on a two year bike shows he deserves a later bike from Petronas.
What ever the politics, the Yamaha said they Petronas should have payed the money. I wonder what they are paying him, a bowl of rice, only joking.
As usual politics and money affecting things again.
There's three Yamahas that Frank should have been on

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

·
Just Me.
515 Posts
Miller deserved that win - it's been a long time coming. Baggggs and Franky on the podium is (y). Heck of a good race.

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,469 Posts
When FQ was falling back and holding up the pack...

It looked like a track day. like when @Gearheaded made the jump from novice to intermediate

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
An R1 kinda day!
2015 Yamaha YZF R1 Raven Edition
813 Posts
Fabio goes under the knife today. He should be fit for LeMans in just under 2 weeks time.

·
Premium Member
12,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
wow that’s crazy.
Thats unbelievable at this level. these guys are the top level. What the hell would happen to them on a dirt bike with whoops😂😂
Everybody is different. I’ve had different injuries growing up playing sports that would always show up every now and then that would effect my performance. Even still today.

They are still human.

For example: Many runners get shin splits; they are hard to avoid if your prone to getting them. I’ve never had one a day in my life but I do get back pump.

·
I miss my R1
3,573 Posts
These guys decelerate from 250kph+ to ~60kph in something like 100 meters, and a few of them could show a wheel to pro mx'ers. There's a good bit from Luca Marini on GPOne about why no VR46 rider ever has really suffered from arm pump:

·
Venom X/O
25,094 Posts
When FQ was falling back and holding up the pack...

It looked like a track day. like when @Gearheaded made the jump from novice to intermediate

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I’m more like an air fence in intermediate

·
Registered
2017 R1M
710 Posts
Everybody is different. I’ve had different injuries growing up playing sports that would always show up every now and then that would effect my performance. Even still today.

They are still human.

For example: Many runners get shin splits; they are hard to avoid if your prone to getting them. I’ve never had one a day in my life but I do get back pump.
I get your point, but what about the riders from the 2 stroke 500 era?? You can’t tell me these bikes with all their wizardry and 4 stroke smoothness is harder that the oil mixing terrifying powerbands?
I mean is it fair to say men were tougher breed then, than now?? I don’t know the answer that’s for sure.

·
I miss my R1
3,573 Posts
I get your point, but what about the riders from the 2 stroke 500 era?? You can’t tell me these bikes with all their wizardry and 4 stroke smoothness is harder that the oil mixing terrifying powerbands?
I mean is it fair to say men were tougher breed then, than now?? I don’t know the answer that’s for sure.
500's didn't weigh anywhere near as much as a GP bike and never had anything approaching the level of braking performance of a GP bike. Most arm pump in GP is due to extremely high forces transferred through the arms during hard braking.
Lorenzo was/is a jerk, but the ergonomic adjustments he forced Ducati to make allowed him to brace his body against the tank and that allowed him ride "easier" without putting so much into his arms.

·
Premium Member
12,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I guess some people won’t understand until they are put in the situation.

They are athletes; injuries happen. I’ve had my fair share growing up and even now in my current very active profession.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts