Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

Take the red pill
Engines are locked down for 2021 already. They need HP, acceleration, and top speed. Deal is done already.
Maybe the laptop jockeys can code out the problems. But the same major issue remains, Yamaha have not adapted to the Michelins. Suzuki sure did.

Registered
2017 R1M
Engines are locked down for 2021 already. They need HP, acceleration, and top speed. Deal is done already.
Maybe the laptop jockeys can code out the problems. But the same major issue remains, Yamaha have not adapted to the Michelins. Suzuki sure did.
Maybe use the 19 chassis like morbidelli? And other bits?

Super Moderator
Wow, Monster Energy ditched Yamaha Factory Racing for 2021 and have shacked up with Suzuki Ecstar starting in 2021.

You blame 'em?

Yamaha has pulled out all the stops to achieve mediocrity. Hard to believe sponsors don't want a piece of the flat tuning fork.

I miss my R1
Don't blame them at all, but that's still big news. Wonder if Movistar will rejoin Yamaha for 2021.

Super Moderator
Hopefully it鈥檚 a wake up call for Yamaha.
Next year is already a write-off for Yamaha....very little they can do. But I fully expect them to wait until the second round of testing in 2022 to realize they.....once again.....went all the wrong directions.

Take the red pill
Luca Marini will be in the MotoGP class in 2021 aboard a Ducati. Interesting signing today. The garage will be split with each bike running its own colors and sponsors.

I miss my R1
Luca Marini will be in the MotoGP class in 2021 aboard a Ducati. Interesting signing today. The garage will be split with each bike running its own colors and sponsors.
Today? Wasn't that official weeks ago? They just revealed the livery today, AFAIK?

An R1 kinda day!
2015 Yamaha YZF R1 Raven Edition
I think it's the sponsorship signings that they are referring to.

An R1 kinda day!
2015 Yamaha YZF R1 Raven Edition
Sepang test has been canceled :cry:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts