Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 190 Posts

·
The Poe Poe!
708 Posts
TOP 8 riders broke MM93's old outright lap record!!

Bag. killing the over all lap record.

VR on P4 and top independent rider!!

·
Take the red pill
6,905 Posts
This is Ducati’s race to lose. Nobody can keep up with them down the straights and the bike seems to be turning better with the new aero package. If they can conserve tires in the race over the first 3/4 distance, a Ducati should be on the top step with one of the Yamahas on the podium.

·
An R1 kinda day!
2015 Yamaha YZF R1 Raven Edition
803 Posts
NBCSN doesn't air the race until 11:30pm EST tonight!

I'm getting ready to watch WARMUP in a minute.

·
Just Me.
487 Posts
Top 7 grid spots are only solely by Ducati and Yamaha.

1. Ducati
2. Yamaha
3. Yamaha
4. Yamaha
5. Ducati
6. Ducati
7. Yamaha

·
An R1 kinda day!
803 Posts
Let's hope the wind takes the Ducati out of the equation 😏

·
Just Me.
487 Posts
Mannnn, that was a wickedly good race. That start was like WTF - are you serious? I'm not even going to spill the beans. Until tomorrow, people.

·
An R1 kinda day!
803 Posts
Vinales/Yamaha 1st

Zarco/Ducati 2nd

Bagnia/Ducati 3rd

😊

·
The Poe Poe!
708 Posts
He spilled it for ya, StraightSuccess ^. lol

Yes, crazy good race and very surprising!

Reactions: Buttafewcoe

·
An R1 kinda day!
803 Posts
He spilled it for ya, StraightSuccess ^. lol

Yes, crazy good race and very surprising!
Somebody had to. That was a great start to the season!

·
Take the red pill
6,905 Posts
Mir just went too wide. But as I said above, that was Ducati’s race to lose. Perhaps the wind affected their races. All that aero seems to get f’d in high wind. What’s funny is Qatar is stand alone. How the bikes will perform over race distance will only be figured out in Europe.

·
Just Me.
487 Posts
😂😂😂

I'm glad he didn't spill the important details.

Reactions: Buttafewcoe

·
:-)
9,483 Posts
💛46💛

·
Just Me.
487 Posts
Rossi finished 12th and racked up four championship points for the start of the season. I was mostly impressed by that start. A Ducati 1, 2, 3, 4 into turn 1 - whoa! AND, Jorge Martin came from I believe 14th to 4th in like 5 seconds over the span of like 500m; that's insane. The Suzuki boys looked good as expected. TN30 lost the front end, and that was... disappointing. I was expecting more from KTM and Aprilia. We got some more work to do boys.

The factory Yamahas seem to have figured a thing or two out, while Petronas is... struggling in the opener. We'll see what happens over the next two or three races.

Edit: "...Tires, is what wins a race..." - Harry Hogge

·
The Poe Poe!
708 Posts
Did y'all hear Franko's interview? Seems there may be something wrong with his bike, like the Start Mechanism may have stuck on or something. He was calling for Yamaha to take notice and fix it!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Did y'all hear Franko's interview? Seems there may be something wrong with his bike, like the Start Mechanism may have stuck on or something. He was calling for Yamaha to take notice and fix it!!
Yea, and understandable. Top Yamaha rider last year on old hardware and no upgrades this year either. He feels under appreciated. Hopefully Yamaha can resolve that but it won’t be in the form of a factory spec bike unfortunately.

101 - 120 of 190 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.