Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 190 Posts

·
Just Me.
487 Posts
Yea, and understandable. Top Yamaha rider last year on old hardware and no upgrades this year either. He feels under appreciated. Hopefully Yamaha can resolve that but it won’t be in the form of a factory spec bike unfortunately.
Yamaha is selling boats... it’s obvious that’s where their focus is
#politics

·
I miss my R1
3,553 Posts
Yea, and understandable. Top Yamaha rider last year on old hardware and no upgrades this year either. He feels under appreciated. Hopefully Yamaha can resolve that but it won’t be in the form of a factory spec bike unfortunately.
He has upgrades, he just doesn't have the full fat factory bike. He wouldn't have had an issue with his start device if they hadn't given him upgrades, because I don't think he (or any of the M1's) had the rear start device last year.

·
Registered
127 Posts
That’s fair. “No upgrades” isn’t right but I think his hang up is the factory bike, whether it should be or not isn’t really relevant because it probably matters to him. I think everyone would agree that last year the 19 out performed but he probably feels “left out” nonetheless. Not sure going slower will make him feel better but human emotions/hang-ups are a funny thing. Hope shot device being the issue, surely that’s fixable by next racing or capable of shutting of the ride height device. Guess we’ll see.

·
889 Posts
the ducati's can't use their more powerful engines to win because they consume too much fuel

anyway i've seen MM keep up with them on the straight many times.

notice the wing tips are now built into the fairings - hoping someone manufactures them for older bikes - the $400 stick on's don't appear strong enough to me

·
Just Me.
487 Posts
Them Ducati boys ain't playing around.

·
An R1 kinda day!
2015 Yamaha YZF R1 Raven Edition
803 Posts
Way to go, Fabiooooooo!

·
Premium Member
12,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
anyway i've seen MM keep up with them on the straight many times.
You’re right but the Ducati’s seem to be a lot faster this year. I don’t remember them being that much more powerful on the straights last year.

·
Take the red pill
6,905 Posts
Gigi knew like everyone else that the engines are locked for the 2020 and 2021 seasons. So he went to aerodynamics for changes.

·
Just Me.
487 Posts
Now that we are done with Losail, the real excitement begins although Qatar has brought us some great action. Feels like the mid - to - late 2000s again.

·
Just Me.
487 Posts
You've got a point, but as a fan and spectator of the sport, these last two races had that competative racing feel from that era - to me anyway.

·
889 Posts
You’re right but the Ducati’s seem to be a lot faster this year. I don’t remember them being that much more powerful on the straights last year.
did they make the fuel tank bigger ?

anyone know if sam lowes won both races ? never give up (y)

·
An R1 kinda day!
2015 Yamaha YZF R1 Raven Edition
803 Posts
Yes, Lowes 2X. Moto3 Acosta won, from pit lane no less.

I don't reckon fuel tank is any bigger as no mention of increased capacity in the regs.

Reactions: tory ii

·
889 Posts
we could see lowes in motogp next season if he keep winning. just referring to any racer who never gives up and doesn't quit

never seen the grunt of the ducati until that race.

·
Premium Member
12,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Tell Rossi that, he would have walked away with 2 wins in the mid to late 2000's ;)
You gotta respect the guy. Most marketed racer ever just like Micheal Jordan and Tiger Woods. There will never be another. Best rider right now is still probably MM but best of all time is VR with everything he’s done, how long he’s done it, and how much money he alone brings to the sport. Facts.

·
The Poe Poe!
708 Posts
Well, I guess we'll have to put up with the Punk now that he's back.

Hopefully he's grown up a bit and learned a few lessons.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Lol. Hater. The punk is the greatest of all time.
I hope he finishes LOL

·
The Poe Poe!
708 Posts
I agree, WhyzeeF ! He is the Greatest PUNK of all time!!! Skillz or not!! He beats them ALL!!

He has a ways to go to beat the REAL GOAT's records!! Even if he does, he'll still be a PUNK and Still won't have had to ride the type of bikes VR did to achieve what he did.

·
Just Me.
487 Posts
Marc has never mastered The Unrideables in a season. Rossi has. Marc can make it to the top 5 of all times, maybe even top 2 or 3, but for him to be the GOAT, that'll take a lifetime plus for him to do.

Reactions: BigSwole
121 - 140 of 190 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.