Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
201 - 220 of 258 Posts

·
wanna B on the Track
1,204 Posts
If you had to pick between Dovi and Maverick, few people would pick Dovi, IMO. Maverick is still young and I think is likely more talented, but Dovi has better temperament and is tougher mentally.
I swear I read somewhere that Dani was going to get a KTM for a few rounds

·
An R1 kinda day!
2015 Yamaha YZF R1 Raven Edition
926 Posts
I swear I read somewhere that Dani was going to get a KTM for a few rounds
He has been offered, but I think that I read he turned it down. It went on to say that, like Stoner, he was ok with testing but didn't want to race. idk

·
I miss my R1
3,666 Posts

·
wanna B on the Track
1,204 Posts

·
An R1 kinda day!
926 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
I was just thinking...... maybe the M1 has turned into the new RC213V and Quartararo has turned into the new MMarquez. No one can ride the M1 cause it's built especially for Fabio.

Think about it for a minute.

Fabio is fast as sheet on it. Maverick 'can't live up to his full potential', and Valentino has turned into 'Wreck It Rossi'.

It's a parallel universe!?!
I would be willing to agree but Morbidelli is doing just fine on an older version of the M1.

·
I miss my R1
3,666 Posts
I would be willing to agree but Morbidelli is doing just fine on an older version of the M1.
Doing just fine? He was 18th in Germany, 9th in Barcelona, 16th at Mugello, Last at LeMans, admittedly he got a podium for third at Jerez, and 4th in Portugal, but he was 12th in Doha 2 and 18th at Doha 1.

Outside his only 2 good results of Portugal and Jerez, his average finishing position this season is 15th

·
Premium Member
12,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
Doing just fine? He was 18th in Germany, 9th in Barcelona, 16th at Mugello, Last at LeMans, admittedly he got a podium for third at Jerez, and 4th in Portugal, but he was 12th in Doha 2 and 18th at Doha 1.

Outside his only 2 good results of Portugal and Jerez, his average finishing position this season is 15th
His bike is 1 or 2 years old.

·
An R1 kinda day!
926 Posts
I was just saying, what is wrong with the 2021 M1?

Not much according to Fabio
A lot if you ask Maverick,
And Rossi? I think now he makes excuses.
I didn't include Franky, he just complains about the older spec he's on.
Strange but true.

·
I miss my R1
3,666 Posts
I was just saying, what is wrong with the 2021 M1?

Not much according to Fabio
A lot if you ask Maverick,
And Rossi? I think now he makes excuses.
I didn't include Franky, he just complains about the older spec he's on.
Strange but true.
I think Franky needs to just relax, he's getting too caught up in the spec of his bike. He made the 2019 M1 work last year, Suzuki haven't really improved their bike much at all from last year and they're fighting for podiums most rounds.

Lots of riders (particularly Zarco last year) have been on outdated machinery and got good results, including Franky himself.

·
Venom X/O
25,389 Posts
Thanks Obama… what the heck is this all about? They can travel all over every other country but not here? It has nothing to do with covid I bet, but more that it cost too much money and not enough profit here in the US vs other countries. They’ll replace COTA with a Spanish or Italian round moving forward, mark my words

·
Just Me.
550 Posts
Well, let me beat the media to this. Rossi will be a father. We will soon be seeing little VR46s blessing the world.

·
The Poe Poe!
721 Posts
I was wondering when that would happen. Further proving why his heads not as in it to win it anymore.

Reactions: greg328

·
The Poe Poe!
721 Posts
Anybody else notice how much "Rossi" material they've been putting on Motogp.com lately??
All the "On this day" back in ........ Stuff..
Old races and such.

They're certainly preparing for him to announce it soon, you think???

·
An R1 kinda day!
926 Posts
Anybody else notice how much "Rossi" material they've been putting on Motogp.com lately??
All the "On this day" back in ........ Stuff..
Old races and such.

They're certainly preparing for him to announce it soon, you think???
It seems they always promote Rossi in some form or fashion.

Reactions: BigSwole
201 - 220 of 258 Posts