Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
401 - 414 of 414 Posts

·
The Poe Poe!
738 Posts
I can’t say that I ever really wished that he got hurt however he did need something to knock him down a peg or two. Something that did humble him. I’m not going to lie though, watching him struggle does put a smile on my face. I simply just do not like the guy. Maybe that will change in the future if he changes his attitude and the way he rides towards others.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I certainly don’t want/like to see any rider get hurt. I’m not a hater but not a fan either. I was getting tired of watching him dominate so I wanted to see the playing field leveled but ideally that would be by talent rising and definitely not by him being seriously injured.

I will add that I enjoyed Rossi dominating back in the day which of course is a double standard. Rossi is a likable guy, Marquez not so much but he has/had the gift.

·
Registered
494 Posts
The race that he was injured he was passing GP riders like they were all on Minibikes (almost). In that ugly high side, recall that it was actually the bike that caught up to him and broke his arm. That accident could have ended differently, like the many he and others habe had since, where he got up and walked away without any hospitalization. If his arm wasn’t broke that day, he may very well be the one to beat this day, or not, who knows. I haven’t seen a race since that one where any rider displayed the skills to pass so many riders, like a man possessed 😀 Maybe I missed one?
that kind of accident that broke Marcs arm could happen to any rider, pro or not.
I hate seeing racers injured (any sport), I also hate the tire situation in MotoGP. I would like to see ALL manufacturers participating like we see many motorcycle manufacturers.
It is what it is though

·
I miss my R1
3,725 Posts
I haven’t seen a race since that one where any rider displayed the skills to pass so many riders, like a man possessed 😀 Maybe I missed one?
Brad binder in Jerez in 2016... back of the grid to win (but to be fair, that was before MM ;)
Pedro Acosta this year in Qatar, pitlane to win ;)

But I'll be honest, passing an entire grid of Moto3 bikes is almost normal now...

Rossi in Valencia in 2015 is the closest I can recall on the big bikes, last on the grid up to 4th

·
An R1 kinda day!
2015 Yamaha YZF R1 Raven Edition
980 Posts
I like the way FQ20 plays down his chances this weekend....'Aragon "probably" worst track for me, not for the Yamaha'.

And it might be so. He went from pole to 18th last year. But I think the problems he was having last year are behind him.

At least the guy's not bolsterest or conceited.

Soft spoken and lets the racing do the talking.

'ell yeah.

·
Registered
55 Posts
By far the best real race of the season. Everything until now has been Quartararo +4 seconds or weather having a major say in the results (i.e. Silverstone). Pecco was so smart in sticking to his race lines, knowing that MM would get him on this inside and trusting his machine would lead him out of the corners. I lost count after 5 exchanges.

·
Take the red pill
6,919 Posts
Glad to see Pecco get his 1st win. The Ducati has been impressive bike this year. Glad to see Marc on the prowl after several crashes this weekend. Quat fulfilled his own prophecy and went backwards.
If you watch Pecco ride, you can ride the front and actually turn the thing. I was ecstatic to finally hear the Italian national anthem blare, even if it's not "my" rider. Pecco is a product of the VR|46 academy so Rossi's legacy will last for many years to come with active riders. Bags grit with Marc trying 7 times and failing was marvelous to see. Fabio, Pecco, Franco, aren't going for his tricks and bs thanks to Rossi schooling them up at the academy.

The 2021 championship is already over. I'm already looking forward to 2022 where we finally get new engines. I'm sure Gigi will make improvements to the chassis of the Duck get again and we can see Marc, Fabio, and Pecco battling it out for the title. I'm also hoping to see Maverick make his comeback and stick it up Yamaha's arse, with Miller and the Suzuki boys getting in the mix. Really enjoying the different mfr's all coming up. I like Pecco and Franco as I favor the Italians but Brad Binder hits me as the most genuine guy on the grid. Some of his lean angles on that KTM have been stunning, he actually bends that bike to do things it shouldn't and KTM want HRC's ass like no other. They are in MotoGP now, for one thing and one thing only, to beat Honda, and rub their noses in shit. And I'm all for it. Been so nice to see Marc get humbled as he thinks the whole series is his. New crop of guys aren't going for it.

Hopefully Vale has some extra motivation for Misano and looking forward to seeing him in person one last time at COTA.

·
Registered
262 Posts
If you watch Pecco ride, you can ride the front and actually turn the thing. I was ecstatic to finally hear the Italian national anthem blare, even if it's not "my" rider. Pecco is a product of the VR|46 academy so Rossi's legacy will last for many years to come with active riders. Bags grit with Marc trying 7 times and failing was marvelous to see. Fabio, Pecco, Franco, aren't going for his tricks and bs thanks to Rossi schooling them up at the academy.

The 2021 championship is already over. I'm already looking forward to 2022 where we finally get new engines. I'm sure Gigi will make improvements to the chassis of the Duck get again and we can see Marc, Fabio, and Pecco battling it out for the title. I'm also hoping to see Maverick make his comeback and stick it up Yamaha's arse, with Miller and the Suzuki boys getting in the mix. Really enjoying the different mfr's all coming up. I like Pecco and Franco as I favor the Italians but Brad Binder hits me as the most genuine guy on the grid. Some of his lean angles on that KTM have been stunning, he actually bends that bike to do things it shouldn't and KTM want HRC's ass like no other. They are in MotoGP now, for one thing and one thing only, to beat Honda, and rub their noses in shit. And I'm all for it. Been so nice to see Marc get humbled as he thinks the whole series is his. New crop of guys aren't going for it.

Hopefully Vale has some extra motivation for Misano and looking forward to seeing him in person one last time at COTA.
I’ll be at COTA too. 😎

·
wanna B on the Track
1,242 Posts
Speaking of Marquez

I was listening to a podcast from a few guys who spend lots of time in the paddocks and know lots of people.
They brought up the latest rumor on MM. Said if he did well at Misano that Honda would let him ride. If he did shitty they were pulling him to get shoulder surgery. Apparently his shoulder is popping in and out of socket ..??
Just something I heard during their discussion

Reactions: greg328
401 - 414 of 414 Posts