Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

2021 R1 Engine Light On?

7K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  Mh Sucio 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I’m new here but please help, I’m so frustrated with this I’ve had my new R1, 1 week and I put it up on the paddock stand and put it in gear after adjusting the gear shift to suit me..

now I have the engine light on.

can someone help me or instruct me on how to get it cleared.

Thanks Dave

#2 ·
Hi All,

I’m new here but please help, I’m so frustrated with this I’ve had my new R1, 1 week and I put it up on the paddock stand and put it in gear after adjusting the gear shift to suit me..

now I have the engine light on.

can someone help me or instruct me on how to get it cleared.

Thanks Dave
Dave does it have an error code as well? My 15 had engine light and error 69 because I run the back wheel whilst on rear stand.
But it cleared it self when both wheels were going the same speed in the first 100 yards or so [emoji106]

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

#5 ·
you can't put the bike up on stands with the engine running it will set off a code. 17+ the switched to OBD and it no longer has the self diagnostic mode like the 15-16. you need the yamaha to obd2 adapter and a code reader to clear it. it will be a hassle like this for every code you set off. you can also buy a tuner cable from FTECU and then you have the option to permanently disable codes like when you install exhaust or remove the AIS but the cable isn't cheap. better off with the adapter and reader off eBay. 15-16 resets this wheel speed sensor code but the 17+ guys have all been through this so don't sweat it.

#10 ·
Based on your og post just ride it. That code will clear itself.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
So,,,, I’ve ridden 100ks and still not cleared! I’m booked into dealership tomorrow at 3pm. Although I thought I’d say that this takes away all mode functions and quick shift.

I’ll update tomorrow after it’s sorted.

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.