Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
The Poe Poe!
742 Posts
Didn't get to post on the 2021 thread after the championship before it was shut down for commenting.

Sorry guys, Been dealing with some real Crap in life lately... My mother had been in the hospital for the last 50+ days and unfortunately passed away on Nov. 16th. (RIP Mom)

Anyway.....

I definitely had tears about Rossi taking his last laps, yet So freaking happy for him / his team on the 10th place finish. Simply Amazing career. I truly don't think I'll ever feel the same about watching MotoGP now, however, I'll certainly continue to watch.

I so want Pecco to take the Championship next year!! Or a Fabio repeat, or even Morbidelli.
So many great talents without all the arrogance of MM.

Basically anybody but MM!!

Reactions: greg328

·
Registered
43 Posts
Didn't get to post on the 2021 thread after the championship before it was shut down for commenting.

Sorry guys, Been dealing with some real Crap in life lately... My mother had been in the hospital for the last 50+ days and unfortunately passed away on Nov. 16th. (RIP Mom)

Anyway.....

I definitely had tears about Rossi taking his last laps, yet So freaking happy for him / his team on the 10th place finish. Simply Amazing career. I truly don't think I'll ever feel the same about watching MotoGP now, however, I'll certainly continue to watch.

I so want Pecco to take the Championship next year!! Or a Fabio repeat, or even Morbidelli.

Sorry to hear about your mom, hopefully she is in a better place now.

I know what you mean about Rossi. I was watching the Sepang dog fight between Rossi and Marquez when I read your thread. I’ve tried to warm up to Marquez but it’s hard, the guy has crashed more times than anyone, and Rossi was right to address Marquez aggressive disregard for other riders, and making the track more dangerous for others. Every time I watch Rossi run wide and Marquez going down I think revenge is best served there no matter what people say. I do believe Marquez career is finished now with his eye problem. If he does recover in time he won’t win a 9th title, the competition is too fierce. So no one will ever top Rossi’s accomplishments!

·
Take the red pill
6,927 Posts
Fabio is very worried about 2022. Yamaha had a new engine, and a new chassis, and neither made a difference at all. Meanwhile at Ducati….the thing is turning, and the new engine has more power, and can’t put more power to the ground effectively. The other manus are indeed worried. Yamaha and Aprilia, virtually no changes. Fabio was down 10 kmh at JEREZ. Imagine Mugello next year.

Honda have made some steps forward. The 2022 RCV is essentially ALL new. New engine, new chassis, new everything, including aero. Pol said he can finally brake with the rear again, and said less likely to push the front or wash the front (low slide). They’ve got more power, and they are putting it down to the ground, it’s just the bike is all new so weight distribution will have to be played with. Rear is providing more grip so that causes other issues to sort. He mentioned “balance” so that is weight distribution.

KTM is keeping it under wraps. They were using Dorna stamped sealed engines at the Jerez test so they were using the same engines they raced in Valencia. But they were using new Aero. They are saving their big updates for Sepang in February.

Suzuki have a new motor and while down on power to Ducati, it’s nothing big or worrisome. Mir said they need aero, to put the new power to the ground. Bike is turning well as always so it’s about putting that new HP to the ground effectively.

Yamaha sounds like they are fukt. Same old shit. They won the rider championship so their cheap asses think it’s fine.

2022 is looking like Ducati domination right now. Gigi and crew are getting it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Morbi and Basti for next year. Franco because he's this side of past his prime if he didn't crash and missed that window he was in. I'm looking for the hunger, if he has any left. Bike is not his problem. Head game is.

Basti, because I've picked him since moto3 as a big potential. Rides the wheels off clapped out bikes. Kid has the head game for this stiff.

·
Registered
168 Posts

Anyway.....

Sorry for your loss.

·
wanna B on the Track
1,270 Posts

Anyway.....

Sorry to hear that man. Glad you spent time with her instead of coming to COTA.
Hope you and your family are doing OK

1 - 18 of 18 Posts